Where will a clone get its soul?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: Where will a clone get its soul?
(24-03-2013 09:11 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Just as our bones grow within our body, an energy structure built along the neurons of our brains may grow there as well.
I'm not making a claim that such a thing exists. I'm just imagining out loud, in much the same way theists imagine out loud in church on sundays.

That is a fine hypothesis... as you've mentioned several times, it can't be tested and it isn't based on evidence, but there's no reason that we can't guess at how it could work hypothetically. On that basis, it's very "outside-the-box" thinking that shows you have a high practical intelligence.

It's rather sad that you have to add so many disclaimers, although I've done the same -- the fun of thought experiments is that you can make outlandish claims and come to outlandish conclusions. I have personally made a video entitled "Intelligent Design is Not Religion" in which I try to approach ID from an actual scientific perspective, all based on a thought experiment where I assume the premise of ID (that the universe and everything in it must have been designed). The end holds the punchline where I compare my conclusions to those of ID theorists in the US and claim that their conclusions weren't drawn from science and, in the case of current ID theory, it is nothing but religion (which would make the video's title ironic). I haven't uploaded it yet because I know from past experience that many trolls will comment on nothing but the title without viewing a single minute, and I barely have the will or energy to reply to comments on my current videos.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2013, 05:43 PM
(24-03-2013 04:46 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 09:11 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Just as our bones grow within our body, an energy structure built along the neurons of our brains may grow there as well.
I'm not making a claim that such a thing exists. I'm just imagining out loud, in much the same way theists imagine out loud in church on sundays.
It's rather sad that you have to add so many disclaimers, although I've done the same -- the fun of thought experiments is that you can make outlandish claims and come to outlandish conclusions.

Souls are all among us, most of them disembodied. They are created in God's workshop, the workshop is similar to Santa's but not as cold.
When a baby is born souls fight amongst one another to inhabit the body. The soul attaches itself to our cerebral cortex (akin to a male anglerfish

and remains there for the remainder of the biological life of the host. The soul is also a master of camouflage and is always overlooked in X-Rays and CAT scans.
Once the host dies the soul's soul is released from it's old body and is free to look for another host. The soul is not to be confused with the person's id and therefore no memories of the host are retained.
The End

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Doesn't a clone get it's 'everything' from a parent? Would, what we call the soul, be any different? Of course, a soul or an individuality, starts to grow on it's own at about 3 yrs. of age, so, from that point on, any guess is good. Interesting question.
24-03-2013, 08:29 PM
(24-03-2013 07:11 PM)Buddy Wrote:  Doesn't a clone get it's 'everything' from a parent? Would, what we call the soul, be any different? Of course, a soul or an individuality, starts to grow on it's own at about 3 yrs. of age, so, from that point on, any guess is good. Interesting question.

You clone Girly, you clone my useless temporary piece of shit soul too.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Why, at Soul Mart of course!

http://www.soulmart.me/
[+] 2 users Like Superluminal's post
25-03-2013, 09:18 AM
(24-03-2013 07:31 AM)Zat Wrote:  When human cloning will become common practice (any day now), god will have a dilemma.

Does he grant the clone another soul?

Does he split the donor's soul in half?

Does he leave the clone soulless? (and if he does, will the clone end up in hell? in limbo? -- how about the clone's children?)

What do you think?

PS. Oh shit, I just noticed: I already started a thread like that a long time ago. Oh well, feel free to ignore.
From listening to lots of rhythm and blues. Thumbsup

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
25-03-2013, 09:36 AM
And!

Marketing resurrection is made of suck. I don't believe in death, in that nothing gets wasted, but anything that remains of I ain't I. "John Cantor" is merely the bus driver of an industrial, biological machine. Being an operator, I'm operating in response to the environment, I ain't daydreaming - get fired that way. Thumbsup

So people wanna talk "spiritual identity" ain't really talking. 'Cept about work. See the conflict here?

The one certainty I have of Identity is in four words and can only shorten, and there ain't no Gwynnies after.

To summarize:

I don't know what I'm talking about.

I do know what I'm talking about. I do know what I'm talking about - death is the best part of life, guaranteed (Duh you're not working no more) - which doesn't help you live your life. So I don't know what I'm talking about.

There's some circular logic. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Prolly up at the Beverly Center, you can get a soul. They have lots of junk. I should open a Soul Shop up in the Mall of 'Merica, next to Garrison Keillor's store. We can "service souls, save souls, and exchange souls". No "refunding souls" though.

Ain't no "soul". Proof is that twinning can occur up to two weeks after ONE zygote is fertilized. "Soul" is just prescientific BS by people who knew nothing about Chemistry and Biology. SexuallyPleasingJebusJokeTroll says we don't know much about brain chemistry. As usual he's totally sadly uninformed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong... but a clone isn't just "made". It's still grown from sperm and egg; however, the DNA is the same as its source.

That doesn't make it "unhuman". It's still a separate human.

If you make a copy of something, it doesn't become the original. Sure, it's a copy, but it's still something separate.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-03-2013, 02:42 PM
If there is an single organism and it splits into 2, the argument is that what was once considered one and got one soul at conception now got an extra soul, and if it later returns to a single entity (the process is called "Chimera"), then a soul got lost? Cloning would fall into a similar pattern by believers into souls.

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders