Where would I be without google translate and spell-check

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Where would I be without google translate and spell-check
(27-02-2012 02:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This remind me of Mark Twain.

Cheers HoC
That reminds be of something I saw years ago where English slowly morphed into German (th turns to d etc.). Does anyone have that?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2012, 06:37 PM
(27-02-2012 02:54 PM)Leela Wrote:  And about spellcheck, I keep ignoring the red underlining in my words.
What's much worse is that I am not looking at the keys while I write and the faster I write the more typos I have because I can't always hit the right key when I write fast. I love the backspace more than anything else.

Oh, the backspace comment reminded me of the freakin' difference in keyboards... I switch back and forth from an American keyboard to a Brazilian (or maybe it's just portuguese) keyboard. the ~/` and "/' keys are switched the ;/: key is underneath where it is on the American keyboard, there are extra keys so the right shift is smaller so I always hit something wrong... Plus, when programming all the keys you use (pretty much all of them) that aren't alpha/numeric are in different locations. I've gotten used to it, but still have a hard time switching back and forth. I find myself reaching up to the "~" every time I want to type " on this keyboard... then I get used to it and forget on the portuguese keyboard... Hard to maintain the speed in typing when you have to hunt for the keys. BTW, if you see me type "~" a lot, it's probably when I'm using a portuguese keyboard, but I usually correct it.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
Find all posts by this user
28-02-2012, 02:21 PM
craniumonempty
I know that, at work I have to use a German keyboard. y and z are switched there and some signs are somewhere else and the extra letters are where some other signs should be. So I am constantly spelling weird things Big Grin

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user