Where you live

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Where you live
Do you live in a state that constantly makes the news as being a horrible place by what the news covers in relation to that state?

I am referring to Texas, Arizona, Florida, and all those states in the bible belt.

I reside in Florida, and every time I see a news article in relation to something stupid that happened in the state of Florida I cringe. Veritably so.

Are you one of the intelligent minority who lives in one of these states, disgusted by those who make your home appear horrible?

If so, please share.
Or share anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Where you live
I live in the bible belt, but we haven't done anything monumentally stupid in a long time now. There are a lot of local pissing contests but they don't make national news. Thank goodness.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
23-12-2013, 11:31 PM
I used to live in Georgia. Google Kendrick "KJ" Johnson. Some of the information is still hard to find. I've never heard of a cover up this big outside of movies before. I was actually in Valdosta when his body was found. All you heard from every high schooler was Chris Martin killed KJ and rolled him up in the mat. Then 2 days later boom it was an accident, he fell in the mat, none of those kids who found his body ever talked to the press again. The school refused to release the footage. The coroner complained that the sheriffs dept. changed his report. Sometime between the first autopsy and the second his organs were stolen and his body was stuffed with newspaper.
I am glad I don't live in Georgia anymore. I find this level of racism to be appalling. A black kid gets murdered by a white kid and the 'good ole boys' step in to cover it up.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
23-12-2013, 11:35 PM
(23-12-2013 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  A black kid gets murdered by a white kid and the 'good ole boys' step in to cover it up.

Quite appalling.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
24-12-2013, 12:07 AM
I live in Murfreesboro Tennessee I'm sure you've heard on national news about the mosque that's being built here and all the protest that's going on that first try to stop the building, now they're trying to stop the expansion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Oh and the people here just in love with that racist sexist restaurant Chick fíl Á
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2013, 01:06 AM
(24-12-2013 12:08 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Oh and the people here just in love with that racist sexist restaurant Chick fíl Á

I must confess...their chicken is seriously delicious. Luckily there aren't any where I live or it would be very hard to resist!
24-12-2013, 01:08 AM
I'd totally still eat at chick fil A, even if they are racist Thumbsup

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
24-12-2013, 01:48 AM
What's a state?

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-12-2013, 02:38 AM
(23-12-2013 10:55 PM)Foxen Wrote:  Do you live in a state that constantly makes the news as being a horrible place by what the news covers in relation to that state?

I am referring to Texas, Arizona, Florida, and all those states in the bible belt.

I reside in Florida, and every time I see a news article in relation to something stupid that happened in the state of Florida I cringe. Veritably so.

Are you one of the intelligent minority who lives in one of these states, disgusted by those who make your home appear horrible?

If so, please share.
Or share anything.

No. I live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, we take care of our own. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.