Whew, what a ride...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Whew, what a ride...
Mind if I park my Internets here for a while?

Been on the loose ever since the first of this month. They sacked me 14 days henceforth and paid me 9 months of fee. One month for every year I worked there. (the regular tariff that is, here in Belgium). On the 29th they asked my car back. Ever since then I ride my old bicycle. (Which is quite fun)

Now I'm on the loose on the webs to find a new job (in the neighbourhood mind you. I don't feel like buying a car)
no success so far. I'm looking for something special though. No more wage-slavery. I'm OK with earning less to do something interesting. Something ecological or social
Any fun suggestions of you folks?

about that car...
I calculated this:

I earned €2075 a month
this means I earn €12.3 an hour
This means that I need to work about half a day to fill my car with diesel (diesel is about 1.5 € a litre here)
that about sums up why I'm reluctant to buy a car. I think the prince of Dubai is already rich enough.
[Image: Audi-A8-in-Silver-Made-for-a-Sheikh-of-Dubai25.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2012, 12:21 PM
RE: Whew, what a ride...
Hey!
I've been wondering where you went. Glad you're back, even if it's with bad news about losing your job.

I'll pray God helps you find something better!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-07-2012, 12:30 PM
(18-07-2012 12:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'll pray God helps you find something better!
[Image: XfONeluPykSgDCLDKTfXog2.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
18-07-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.belspo.be/belspo/home/jobs_en.stm

Get ta work, ya bum. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2012, 12:59 PM
You should get a job at Cern.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
18-07-2012, 01:08 PM
(18-07-2012 12:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You should get a job at Cern.
Well

I'm a techie but quite the low-tech-techie.
Now I hear they have a bicycle shop there since the site spans quite a few miles, that might be something for me.
I could also maintain their electric floormoppers and so. Or I could poilish their shiny equipment or black holes.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
[+] 6 users Like Observer's post
18-07-2012, 01:14 PM
(18-07-2012 12:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  http://www.belspo.be/belspo/home/jobs_en.stm

Ah yes...
belspo

good find.
I could relocate me to Antarctica to work on our country's pride: de princes Elisabeth-basis

do they have coffee in Antarctica? Can't work without coffee...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
18-07-2012, 08:47 PM
(18-07-2012 01:14 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 12:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  http://www.belspo.be/belspo/home/jobs_en.stm

Ah yes...
belspo

good find.
I could relocate me to Antarctica to work on our country's pride: de princes Elisabeth-basis

do they have coffee in Antarctica? Can't work without coffee...
Make sure you put on your resume that you speak Anatarctican. That will surely help you land the job!

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-07-2012, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 02:24 AM by Observer.)
Day 19 now...
I turned down a maltery: no interesting and obsolete contract

So far i've been turned down by
A big pharma company, and two sheltered workshops (as supervisor. Might try as inmate later)

yesterday I send my resume to a technical school that's looking for a caretaker/ICT person

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist