Which Harry Potter House Would You Be In and Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Which Harry Potter House Would You Be In and Why?
This was going to be a post about how the themes in Harry Potter seem to be tied in to politics. But whatever, I'd rather do something fun!

So which house would you be in and why?

Me I'd be in Hufflepuff

Loyalty is a thing I hold high, however those around me must earn my loyalty. I do not give it out freely nor do I feel people should always just give out their heart fully. However, should you gain my loyalty you'll find I have a heart of gold and will stand by your through thick and thin.

I value working hard. While the American Dream will never be true, as I live in America so that is all I can relate it to. I find that if you want something bad enough. Such as in school or college, or sometimes in real life. You will make sacrifices and face hardships. While most would give up, I feel that if it's something wroth obtaining then I will work for it. Though I find my goals to be more realistic then most.
This 'American Dream' is mostly unrealistic. My goal is to get to point where i am comfortable with what I do and how I live. I may face hard times getting there, but that's the idea or work your ass off for something you earned rather then most kids who are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Being from a poor family makes you realize this quickly, and just how harsh the world really is.

So can you tell me your house and why?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: Which Harry Potter House Would You Be In and Why?
Slytherin.

Gryffindor strikes me as a bit too annoyingly righteous, and Ravenclaw... I ain't cut out for nerdery. I ain't really power-mad, so Slytherin isn't a perfect fit, but at least I can be a dick and no one is gonna get pissy with me over it. Apart from those goody-two-shoes Gryffindors. Whom I can cheerfully dick around anyway.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-03-2017, 01:18 AM
According to pottermore.com (My nephew made me do the quiz I swear), I would be a Ravenclaw.

I've never read the book or seen the movies. All I know is that Ravenclaws are the nerds and I think that's lovely. XD
07-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Ravenclaw.

As to why I let Socrates do explaining: There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-03-2017, 02:45 AM
Fuckinhore.......

It's a lesser known, albiet a high in demand house you don't hear much about.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-03-2017, 04:28 AM
Why is this in the Literature section?

Girl_nails

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Oh, I would have gotten 3 feet from the hat and it would have yelled: RAVENCLAW!
Because = nerd. (Which raises the question: "Why wasn't Hermione Granger in Ravenclaw?")

{puts on nerd hat} Because, you realize that the Hogwarts houses are the 4 elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
07-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Gryffindor. This was decided by my late wife, Brenda, a lady who wanted to be a children's librarian and made me read the books so she had someone to argue about them with. It got to the point where we were buying two copies so we wouldn't have to wait for the other to finish the book.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
07-03-2017, 02:13 PM
(07-03-2017 04:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Why is this in the Literature section?

Girl_nails

^ ^ ^ Laugh out load

I'm not a Harry Potter fan but I'd wanna be in the house that has the newest plumbing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-03-2017, 02:27 PM
(07-03-2017 02:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 04:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Why is this in the Literature section?

Girl_nails

^ ^ ^ Laugh out load

I'm not a Harry Potter fan but I'd wanna be in the house that has the newest plumbing.

That would be Moaning Myrtle's department.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post