Poll: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?
Internet Explorer
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Safari
Opera
Android
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]

Which Internet Browser Do You (Mostly) Use?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Which Internet Browser Do You (Mostly) Use?
Chrome.

Sure you guys have seen this: from my limited experience seems accurate:
[Image: browsersvsguns_comparison.jpg?w=640&h=485]

What the diff between Firefox and IceWeasel? Mozilla makes both Huh I just started playing with both recently...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-03-2012, 03:05 PM
(21-03-2012 02:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  Chrome.

What the diff between Firefox and IceWeasel? Mozilla makes both Huh I just started playing with both recently...

It's more like firefox with some basic tools already added on. I used pale moon, because firefox was still 32bit on the other pc... uh, is it still only 32bit? I'lll have to check. Either way, I consider IceWeasel like a more locked down version of firefox, but you can build firefox up to the same level. I do agree that you should try Chrome as well. On a fast computer, it definitely has its pluses ... sucks on a crappy computer though.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
21-03-2012, 03:05 PM
(21-03-2012 02:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  Chrome.

XD

That's awesome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Could someone tell me why you like Firefox and dislike IE?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
21-03-2012, 03:16 PM
(21-03-2012 03:15 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Could someone tell me why you like Firefox and dislike IE?

Where to start... Kineo want this one?

21-03-2012, 03:29 PM
(21-03-2012 03:15 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Could someone tell me why you like Firefox and dislike IE?

Last time I used i.e. was like 5 years ago so it's probably decent since then. I don't really recall specifics and I can't hate on a 5 year old product but it was just clunky and settings were buried in menus three layers deep and had labels like "Turn of XAML tags. Note: this might be a security risk"... I'm an end user. I like stuff that's smoothly polished and just damn well works. Having said that I was perfectly happy with it until chrome arrived - then I was like "Oh, this is how it should be".

Also I loathed all the crap you had to add to it to get it to act normal and be useful - like google toolbar and shit. Then the added crap would make it slow down... grr.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-03-2012, 03:32 PM
private use Firefox
at work depending on what I want to do chrome for one part and firefox for the other part my job is very "internety".

Now I feel actually a little geeky because at work my main part of work is internet, say 7.5 hours out of 8 a day. Then I come home and go online o.O

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
21-03-2012, 03:33 PM
(21-03-2012 03:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Where to start... Kineo want this one?

Sure.

I like Firefox because when it's stripped down it seems to run faster on my computer. On top of that is customization- I can make it look and operate how I want it to with a lot of flexibility. Like with Ad Block Plus I block ads on website- banners, pop-ups, etc (I have it turned off on TTA). With NoScript I can block scripts that might be harmful- viruses, adware, etc. With TabMix plus I can do stuff like save browsing sessions (now default in Firefox), scrolls through my tabs with the scroll wheel on my mouse, middle click them to close them, middle click on the empty bar to re-open closed tabs from history, etc. Those are my basic add-ons. Plus I like the Personas to stylize the browser. I have an automated persona switcher that changes my browser skin every once in a while, from a list of my favorites. It's also got private browsing for when you don't want your history saved- which most browsers have now. It has a default in-browser spell-checker (huge plus). The ability to find an add-on for just about whatever you need... a context-menu right-click dictionary look-up, for example.

I use IE tab, to switch the page rendering to display as IE would for site that aren't friendly to Firefox (believe it or not, there are some sites that still only cater to IE, but they're rare).

I use Image Zoom so I can zoom in on images in the browser any time I want.

Of course the more ad-ons you use, the slower the browser will get, but even with all the ones I've listed it still runs fast.

So the biggest draw is add-ons for customizability. It feels like it's MY browser, whereas when I use IE I feel like I'm at a library using a public computer or something.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
21-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Don't forget Session Restore.

Actually, here is some other stuff as well.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
21-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Holy shit, looks like there's more to browsing the web than I thought. I'll do some more monkeying with firefox now Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post