Poll: Which Cult Is The Most Corrupting?
Catholicism?
Buddhism?
Prote$tanti$m?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Which Is The Most Corrupting?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Which Is The Most Corrupting?
I vote Scientology.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S NOT AN OPTIONS! I'm a rebel, baby, I make my OWN damn options!Cool

Seriously, it's about as corrupt as the Church of England in the motives and attitudes of its founder, and it's kept up that level of corruption in practice even as the CoE slid back to the more traditional corruption baseline of people who command the unquestioning belief of a bunch of marks but have kind of fallen for it themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I voted for Catholicism because I was brought up as a catholic. The bastards destroyed so many lives here in Ireland. Sure tis no wonder we drink so much....cheers!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
(30-04-2015 02:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  I want to say surely Bhuddism isn't nearly as toxic as Christianity/Islam in terms of religiously motivated conflict but I haven't actually got a clue whether that's true or not.

They're not nearly so benign as most Westerners seem to think.

http://religiondispatches.org/monks-with...-violence/

http://time.com/3090990/how-an-extremist...ross-asia/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/world/asia...aluthgama/

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/20...oblem.html (opinion, but still has useful information)

http://en.qantara.de/content/anti-muslim...south-asia
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-05-2015, 11:48 AM
As I don't have experience with anothers religion I choose catholicism. Poland certainly do not look better with so many catholics and government willing to make concesions to the clergy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-05-2015, 12:07 PM
I voted Catholicism because it was my gateway drug into the wonderful world of christianity.
01-05-2015, 12:32 PM
I have no experience with religion of any kind so I vote for every religion ever invented by humans. If they're not corrupt, they're screwy, like this fine example of the Prince Philip Religion......

By the way, I think this is a good example of how religions begin and develop over time.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-05-2015, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 12:44 PM by DLJ.)
OK. I see a clarification is in order...

It's 1:30am and I'm a little worse for wear (and a little stunned after watching a ping pong show... a hamster? a bird? turtles? WTAF?) so this may end up as less clarificating...

It was a naughtily ambiguous thread title but the links were pointing to the intent of the question...

Not which religion corrupts the most people or corrupts the minds of their passive victims the most, but which is most corrupting of the protagonists themselves (the active victims / victimisers).

Does that make sense?

And for unrelated extra points, ladies, I can understand how a cigarette can be smoked 'there' from an exhaling perspective but inhaling (?!) how does that work?

Is 'inhaling' even the right word?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-05-2015, 06:04 AM
Which one has the secret banks supplying an army of pedophiles based out of their own sovereign territory?

Catholicism it is then. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-05-2015, 06:30 AM
I chose Protestantism. I'm thinking cults, wife beating closet alcoholic preachers and deacons, hate speech and intolerance (uhhh Westboro Baptist, anyone?), the greedy TV personalities, etc.

The Catholics in my region are pretty chill, keep their religion to themselves. Protestants...holy hell, Southern Baptists and Church of Christs are fuckin crazy and in your face about it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
03-05-2015, 06:33 AM
(01-05-2015 12:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And for unrelated extra points, ladies, I can understand how a cigarette can be smoked 'there' from an exhaling perspective but inhaling (?!) how does that work?

Is 'inhaling' even the right word?

Huh. I guess I miss the bonus points. I didn't even know that was a thing... You sure you were just watching ping pong?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman