Poll: Which Prophet is the most moral?
Jesus
Mohammad
Zoroaster
Buddha
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Which Prophet/God is the most moral?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Which Prophet/God is the most moral?
I thought of this question recently when seeing a video listing numerous Gods. I decided to adjust it toward a list of prophets since there can be more defined debate than considering one culture's rendition of the same God type.

The idea came to mostly out of something I heard while talking with a philosophy club at UMass Amherst last Fall and one gentlemen stated his reasoning for following Christianity was what he deemed the most moral religion... So I am curious what people generally would believe if shown the question after analysis the various options.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Which Prophet/God is the most moral?
Charles Manson declared himself a prophet so I'm going to go with Charlie. My logic is he had the least amount of blood on his hands.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
21-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Profits of god are amoral, meaning god commands them outside the realm of morality, or so say the religious.
I call BS on that, but that's just the rational thinker in me talking.
Pay no attention to that.

See Kierkagaard's position on morality and religion. I think you'll find it interesting.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
21-02-2012, 02:47 PM
The answer is simple.

Me.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
21-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Yea - I'm with Hamata on this one, too.

Me. The only answer for my non-Theist ass.

And actually for the Buddha as well, I think. Didn't he say: If you see the Buddha in the road, kill him?
Dodgy
The Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Piglet.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
21-02-2012, 03:29 PM
(21-02-2012 03:00 PM)kim Wrote:  And actually for the Buddha as well, I think. Didn't he say: If you see the Buddha in the road, kill him?

That saying is not literal. It is symbolic of the path to enlightenment. The path is the road and the Buddha is illusion (misconceptions, desires, false teachings, etc.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
21-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Gwynnies! Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 04:23 PM
(21-02-2012 03:29 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(21-02-2012 03:00 PM)kim Wrote:  And actually for the Buddha as well, I think. Didn't he say: If you see the Buddha in the road, kill him?

That saying is not literal. It is symbolic of the path to enlightenment. The path is the road and the Buddha is illusion (misconceptions, desires, false teachings, etc.)

Well, yes - I wasn't meaning it literally either... no matter how much I like Hamata. Tongue

However, it does express that if you think you have the one true God(enlightenment or whatever), you really do not ... so, get rid of(kill) it and get on with your life.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I like this quote from the Buddha (supposedly from him anyway):

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Ann
[+] 4 users Like shadostr13's post