Poll: Which of these Religions is the biggest threat?
Islam
Christianity
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism
New Age
[Show Results]

Which Religion does the most Damage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Which is the most dangerous Religion in the 21st Century. The Crusades and inquisitions do not count unless they are taking place now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Uhh...ISIS/ISIL? Beheadings, promises to destroy Israel first, and the West second, teaching their children Jews are made through sex between pigs and dogs and are a lower life form than either. Yeah. That should do it.
03-09-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: Which Religion does the most Damage?
How about all the talk about men getting their Virgins in heaven for killing innocent people, but no talk about what women get, and forcing women to dress like nuns at the risk of being sexually assaulted and executed for not abiding by the dress code, and not being able to drive or get jobs or even be treated as human beings?

That's an entire gender and in fact more than half of the people in our world belong to it.
03-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Right wing Christianity is the biggest threat with its' climate denialism.

Islamic terrorism a close second.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
03-09-2014, 04:36 PM
I dunno. I kind of enjoy dressing as a nun. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-09-2014, 04:37 PM
All of them do damage. You cannot think about a moment in time. Our species evolution leads us to form groups. We can form those groups around very bad logic, such as the Egyptians did in falsely believing in their polytheistic gods for 3,000 years. That grouping does provide opportunity to gain resources and make offspring and that is ultimately leads us to form groups. The downside to that is that is based on flawed perceptions and sets up in group and out groups, which causes us to see outsiders as less than the same species.

Now that is not to say you can rid the world of it, but it must be watched and treated as potentially dangerous no matter how small it may seem at the time. All it takes with religion is just enough. The only thing that keeps religion on a leash is protection of dissent and common law. Politics such as worship of the state can be as much a religion as religions themselves.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 04:38 PM
(03-09-2014 04:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I dunno. I kind of enjoy dressing as a nun. Dodgy
I'm not surprised somebody here said that but can't believe it was buckyball of all people! Laugh out load
03-09-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 04:44 PM by ClydeLee.)
What is calculating this damage or what is the largest danger? Islam is damaging people more frequently through physical ways and propping up political strive that leads to murder.

Christianity has still in the 21st century been a motive for encouraging other war actions and overall ignorance of global issues and resource mining that may have more significant long term damage to the Earth for Humanities sake.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Teaching children to believe that illusion is real, is damage attributable to the entire concept of religion.

There is no "which" or "most" about it; damage does not have a degree of measurement one finds acceptable. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-09-2014, 05:40 PM
It's a toss up between rightwing christianity and radical Islam. The rightwingers can make the laws but the Islamists want to blow us up.