Poll: Which of these Religions is the biggest threat?
Islam
Christianity
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism
New Age
[Show Results]

Which Religion does the most Damage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Which Religion does the most Damage?
Christianity is fairly dangerous but I say Islam is the most savage and violent religion right now. ISIS nuff said. ISIS is what happens when Muslims don't cherry pick from their religion. Islam is a very violent religion and we can't expect otherwise. Mohammed was a violent warlord after all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 11:55 AM
So far it looks Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism are the least threat and therefore least offensive or dangerous.
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Because buddhists, Hindus and Jews don't try to convert people to their religion.
04-09-2014, 12:33 PM
The three big ones I find dangerous.
04-09-2014, 04:11 PM
(04-09-2014 12:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The three big ones I find dangerous.

Which is the third? Looking at statistics, I really only see two big ones: Christianity and Islam. The third largest by population is Hinduism, but they are almost all confined to one country (India), and therefore do not have the same kind of global influence as the two biggest ones. Judaism is important as a precursor of Christianity and Islam, but pretty small in terms of numbers.

Lots of interesting data here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rel...opulations
04-09-2014, 04:14 PM
(04-09-2014 04:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Which is the third? Looking at statistics, I really only see two big ones: Christianity and Islam. The third largest by population is Hinduism, but they are almost all confined to one country (India), and therefore do not have the same kind of global influence as the two biggest ones. Judaism is important as a precursor of Christianity and Islam, but pretty small in terms of numbers.

I meant Judaism as the 3rd one.

I think all are dangerous in their own way, but those 3 are particularly bad.
04-09-2014, 04:26 PM
(04-09-2014 04:14 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Which is the third? Looking at statistics, I really only see two big ones: Christianity and Islam. The third largest by population is Hinduism, but they are almost all confined to one country (India), and therefore do not have the same kind of global influence as the two biggest ones. Judaism is important as a precursor of Christianity and Islam, but pretty small in terms of numbers.

I meant Judaism as the 3rd one.

I think all are dangerous in their own way, but those 3 are particularly bad.

I can definitely agree with this. All religion has their own way of harming people though it would seem that Christianity and Islam do more to harm those around them that don't agree with their ideas (more-so the radical members of those religion) and are the front runners of the most dangerous religion. If I had to pick a third, probably Judaism just because of the pressure the members within that religion feel about staying in it and being a part of it.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
04-09-2014, 04:28 PM
(04-09-2014 04:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Well, Hinduism is not a religion being forced upon people everywhere, but it is very harmful for the fact that it is the reason for the caste system in the second most populated nation in the world. I find anything that measures a person's worth by what class they were born into to be very harmful. Treating a person like garbage - and justifying that they should always be treated that way - due to a belief that that person was born into a poor family because they did bad things in a previous life is both ridiculous and incredibly harmful.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
04-09-2014, 04:32 PM
(04-09-2014 04:28 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Which is the third? Looking at statistics, I really only see two big ones: Christianity and Islam. The third largest by population is Hinduism, but they are almost all confined to one country (India), and therefore do not have the same kind of global influence as the two biggest ones. Judaism is important as a precursor of Christianity and Islam, but pretty small in terms of numbers.

Well, Hinduism is not a religion being forced upon people everywhere, but it is very harmful for the fact that it is the reason for the caste system in the second most populated nation in the world. I find anything that measures a person's worth by what class they were born into to be very harmful. Treating a person like garbage - and justifying that they should always be treated that way - due to a belief that that person was born into a poor family because they did bad things in a previous life is both ridiculous and incredibly harmful.

Exactly. Just because they aren't as violent doesnt mean they arent harmful.

For example, a lot of new age/wiccan/pagan/ etc religions my not be pushing to make people join or violent. But they tend to be the crowd that promotes homeopathy, or pseudo science, or anti-vax....harmful but in a different way.
04-09-2014, 04:42 PM
The Jews. It's always the Jews.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post