Which Springfield do the Simpsons live in? Answer within.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Which Springfield do the Simpsons live in? Answer within.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/10/matt-g...ld?cnn=yes

“Springfield was named after Springfield, Oregon,” Groening tells the upcoming issue of Smithsonian magazine in an in-depth Q&A. “The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show Father Knows Best took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown. When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, ‘This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.’ And they do.”
The interviewer, Claudia De La Roca, who’s worked on The Simpsons and Groening’s Futurama, then notes Groening has never revealed the town’s location before (though he has hinted at it). The writer-producer replies, “I don’t want to ruin it for people, you know? Whenever people say it’s Springfield, Ohio, or Springfield, Massachusetts, or Springfield, wherever, I always go, ‘Yup, that’s right.’”
Homer, Bart, Lisa and Maggie made their debut on The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987. Fox has aired The Simpsons for a record 23 seasons, with the writers playfully teasing the town’s secret location throughout its run. The show has been renewed for two more seasons.
What do you think? Are you glad to have the mystery solved or did you prefer not knowing?
UPDATE: EW.com has learned The Simpsons will reference the revelation about Springfield’s origins. Expect Sunday night’s opening chalkboard gag to have some fun with this news. (On Twitter, Homer Simpson already is.) — Dan Snierson contributed to this report

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: Which Springfield do the Simpsons live in? Answer within.
The simpsons have sucked balls for years.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
(11-04-2012 11:30 AM)lucradis Wrote:  The simpsons have sucked balls for years.
Have you witnessed this first hand? Just curious! Tongue

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
could link you to some stuff but then I'd have to ban myself.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
12-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Darn! I thought they were from RICK Springfield. Sad

[Image: rick-springfield-rick-springfield-225150...0-1157.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
12-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Early on they didn't seem so bad, I was young too though. Really thought it was Springfield, MO when Abraham made a point to say MO wasn't a state. Late 90's I stopped watching because it just seemed to have gotten watered down.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.