Which US State Do You Belong In?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Which US State Do You Belong In?
(28-10-2013 07:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 07:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The quiz seems to be based off of a personality type thing. Or is just really random because some of the results are just bizarre.

I think it's random, because I took it twice and gave the same answers and got two different states. DC and Vermont.

Oh that makes sense, cause those two are so much alike. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2013, 07:08 AM
?? I tried to test this hypothesis by inputting the same answers (All '1's') multiple times, and at first it seem that it was based on the answers I had given. Just to be certain I gave the quiz answers as all 7's, and got the same result as giving all 1's. I then tried all 4's, and still received the same answer. I believe the first answer was correct, but my cache remembered my first answer and therefore did not give me accurate results after that point. I could clear my cache and try, but I also considered that the server may store my answer as it relates to my IP address.

Could someone confirm?

29-10-2013, 07:39 AM
(29-10-2013 07:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  ?? I tried to test this hypothesis by inputting the same answers (All '1's') multiple times, and at first it seem that it was based on the answers I had given. Just to be certain I gave the quiz answers as all 7's, and got the same result as giving all 1's. I then tried all 4's, and still received the same answer. I believe the first answer was correct, but my cache remembered my first answer and therefore did not give me accurate results after that point. I could clear my cache and try, but I also considered that the server may store my answer as it relates to my IP address.

Could someone confirm?

I was able to get it to bounce all over the place. I varied my answers in patterns, e.g. 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,.. then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,6,5,4,3,... then 1,1,1,7,7,7,1,1,1,7,...

I did about 10 trials and had 8 different states. W.Va. and New Mexico each came up twice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-10-2013, 08:21 AM
(29-10-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 07:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  ?? I tried to test this hypothesis by inputting the same answers (All '1's') multiple times, and at first it seem that it was based on the answers I had given. Just to be certain I gave the quiz answers as all 7's, and got the same result as giving all 1's. I then tried all 4's, and still received the same answer. I believe the first answer was correct, but my cache remembered my first answer and therefore did not give me accurate results after that point. I could clear my cache and try, but I also considered that the server may store my answer as it relates to my IP address.

Could someone confirm?

I was able to get it to bounce all over the place. I varied my answers in patterns, e.g. 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,.. then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,6,5,4,3,... then 1,1,1,7,7,7,1,1,1,7,...

I did about 10 trials and had 8 different states. W.Va. and New Mexico each came up twice.

If I understood your post correctly, your result was not based on your answers then?

29-10-2013, 10:16 AM
(29-10-2013 08:21 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  I was able to get it to bounce all over the place. I varied my answers in patterns, e.g. 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,.. then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,6,5,4,3,... then 1,1,1,7,7,7,1,1,1,7,...

If I understood your post correctly, your result was not based on your answers then?

Resubmitting an answer set resulted in the same state. This was done after submitting a different set.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Well that only confirms what I said Dodgy

29-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I got Washington. Seems about right.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
29-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Tennessee? Conservative, bible-thumping, Tennessee? What are these people smoking? It surely isn't Captain Black!

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
29-10-2013, 11:38 PM
(29-10-2013 11:19 PM)dclarion Wrote:  Tennessee? Conservative, bible-thumping, Tennessee? What are these people smoking? It surely isn't Captain Black!

Dodgy

02-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Apparently I'm a Georgia boy!
Gonna fly through Atlanta in 3 weeks, let's see....

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.