Which Unicorn is your favorite?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Which Unicorn is your favorite?
If you were a unicorn, what would your unicorn name be?

I think I'd be Pussenrod.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
RE: Which Unicorn is your favorite?
I actually like the first one - it is creepy, but I still like it. The objects floating detached to the side... top object looks like a dreidel and the bottom one looks like a cup - I'm thinking the Holy Grail.
Those floating objects might be referring to ... possibly things to come? I'm thinking this might be an annunciation carving. Mary, like the Grail; a Holy vessel... ok, so she likes to play with tops... which she will get for Hanukkah. Maybe it's saying... Hey, Mary - by the time Hanukkah rolls around, you'll be a Holy vessel. That's a good analysis of the creepy carved piece, I'm going with that. Sleepy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-08-2012, 01:12 AM
(06-08-2012 07:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  What is the technical distinction between weird and creepy? I've been called both. I wonder now if people have been using these terms correctly.

I had to think about this a bit.

Weird is strange or different. Not normal, slightly skew. The root definition is uncanny or supernatural. I've been called weird all my life and it's something that can easily be embraced. People either get it or don't.

I think creepy isn't so simple, though. The definition is 'causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease'. These seems two part to me. The fear part is the part where you meet 'a creeper' (as my friends and I say) and you avoid them. This is like a base intuition feeling and the one that I'm guessing Angele chooses, rightfully, to run the other way.

The creepy I am curious about is maybe the darker side of things that are mysterious but also perhaps just misunderstood. Freak shows from 1920's circus' come to mind. Oddities and such. It's super interesting to me, and a few colleagues and myself are planning a whole charity fundraising-gala around this theme soon, it'll be an experiential gala where the night 'unfolds' for our guests, with big and odd surprises.

Here is a film based a wee bit on this concept about the true story of a photographer, Diane Arbus, who photographed side show artists in a scandalous manner (she fell in love with a hairy man who moved in next door in her apartment and that's how she was introduced into the freak-show circus culture.)

The unicorn in my oh-so-favourite unicorn photo is a guy who wanted to make outfits based on a fun-creepy concept to play a lightheartedness into something so taboo, hush-hush and no-no. He has built a whole business around this point of view and sells his handmade one-of-a-kind outfits.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
(07-08-2012 12:25 AM)kim Wrote:  I actually like the first one - it is creepy, but I still like it. The objects floating detached to the side... top object looks like a dreidel and the bottom one looks like a cup - I'm thinking the Holy Grail.
Those floating objects might be referring to ... possibly things to come? I'm thinking this might be an annunciation carving. Mary, like the Grail; a Holy vessel... ok, so she likes to play with tops... which she will get for Hanukkah. Maybe it's saying... Hey, Mary - by the time Hanukkah rolls around, you'll be a Holy vessel. That's a good analysis of the creepy carved piece, I'm going with that. Sleepy

Hypothesis: An Art degree rewires the brain differently that a Maths degree.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-08-2012, 01:15 PM
(07-08-2012 12:21 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  If you were a unicorn, what would your unicorn name be?
I think I'd be Fezzik.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Cupcake
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-08-2012, 03:53 PM
(09-08-2012 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cupcake

I'd eat you and save your frosting for last.Drooling

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-08-2012, 04:10 PM
(09-08-2012 03:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cupcake

I'd eat you and save your frosting for last.Drooling

I uh...

yeah Shocking
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Guys, find a legit source, please.

Unicorn Name Generator

Mine:

Daisy Silver Nostrils
Daisy is a very clever horse with deep, mysterious eyes.
She is silver like the moonlight,
and she dances in clouds of falling stars.
09-08-2012, 05:59 PM
(06-08-2012 12:36 PM)Spivey May Wrote:  Never mind the unicorn, that is the creepiest Mary I have ever seen. Her eyes are looking in two different directions, she has a definite receding hairline, and her neck. What the hell happened to her neck?

I can't look anymore.
They hung her up for being a whore.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post