Which Unicorn is your favorite?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 01:12 PM by kim.)
RE: Which Unicorn is your favorite?
(11-08-2012 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hypothesis: An Art degree rewires the brain differently that a Maths degree.

Interesting hypothesis, but likely wrong. Only difference between artists and mathematicians I see is that mathematicians are convinced they are working with the one true canvas in the one true medium and artists are like pffft, you are unnecessarily limiting your palette and materials. Tongue

Actually, that's pretty right on... at least for the artist. No doubts at all about the HCUA danger warning. Thumbsup

Throughout history, artists have hung out with all walks of life, including scientists and mathematicians. In fact, Marcel Duchamp for instance, was himself a brilliant mathematician, as was Rothko, and few dispute Leonardo's scientific bent. If one looks into the everyday life of any artist, one might get quite a brain full. Possibly why drug use is a commonality.

An artist's work often reflects intimate and universal humanity. All of humanity, not just a tiny bit of it... an artist speaks all languages of life. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 01:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-08-2012 01:09 PM)kim Wrote:  If one looks into the everyday life of any artist, one might get quite a brain full. Possibly why drug use is a commonality.

Indigestion comes in many forms. Thank God for the pharmacological options available to alleviate the symptoms. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
(11-08-2012 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hypothesis: An Art degree rewires the brain differently that a Maths degree.

Interesting hypothesis, but likely wrong. Only difference between artists and mathematicians I see is that mathematicians are convinced they are working with the one true canvas in the one true medium and artists are like pffft, you are unnecessarily limiting your palette and materials. Tongue

Jeez, I need to work on my delivery. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user