Which bible verse describes you best? [test]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Which bible verse describes you best? [test]
Your verse is:

Deu 31:6

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Well that's nice to know. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Quote:Rom 8:38

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Wtf does this have to do with that poorly constructed personality test I just took? Huh they never even asked me how I felt about god, and my result is that I have unwavering faith? Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
05-10-2014, 11:55 AM
You're kidding, right?

Ezekiel 25:17 Drinking Beverage
"I will carry out great vengeance on them, and punish them in MY wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them"

Like this!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM
(05-10-2014 03:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
Quote:Jer 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord.

It is this sort of shit which makes me insist that the Bible is among the worst works of literature known to man; almost the entire verse is redundant; "seek me and I will call to you, when you seek me and find me, you will seek for me and I will find you."
Anybody who praises this book on literary merits doesn't have the right to speak about literary anythings.

Well, keep in mind that the Bible is a collection of a bunch of books written by a bunch of different people, and what you're reading is a translation. There's no way any literary judgment is going to apply uniformly to the whole thing. But parts of it are indeed great literature, especially in the King James version. Psalm 23, Job, and Ecclesiastes come to mind. And there are some great (albeit improbable) stories in Genesis.

"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21)

That may or may not make sense, but it's a great piece of writing.
06-10-2014, 04:44 PM
"I make peace and create evil"

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
06-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Psalm 144:1
"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle."

'Murican Canadian
06-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Quote:Your verse is:

Rom 8:38

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I spent my day helping with the life or death talk with a patient and his family and the decision to go DNR. Pretty sure if god loved him he wouldn't have been my patient and have such a terrible prognosis with kids still in school.

What separated me from the "love of god"? Using my brain and thinking for myself.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-10-2014, 06:05 PM
not sure of the bible verse that best describe but i think it goes something like this....

"Satan get the behind me."

p.s. not sure why but probably has something to do with kinky red necks lol.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.