Which forum should this be in?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Which forum should this be in?
So I've had a question since day 1 of my membership in this great forum. I would have started a thread in the correct forum out of two that I am about to mention, however, I could not choose ahead of time which forum would be the best answer.

So here is the question that I pose for all TTA members to answer:

What the fuck is the difference between the Casual Coffee House Forum and the This, That, and The Other Thing Forum? I often am overwhelmed with the dilemma these forums cause me when I just have a random tidbit to share, like this thread.

Then I'll leave it up to Lucradis (the crowd chants, "All Hail Lucradis"), to cause this to move to that thread where it would be most appropriate.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: Which forum should this be in?
There's practically no difference.

People complained that some conversations in the Casual Coffeehouse were too casual and so This, That, and The Other Thing was created. I suppose that technically the difference is the level of casuality but they're effectively interchangeable.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-03-2012, 05:12 PM
That's really the best answer you could come up with?

[Image: Al_Bundy_excited.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-03-2012, 05:17 PM
(22-03-2012 05:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That's really the best answer you could come up with?

[Image: Al_Bundy_excited.gif]

Applying your scepticism in all areas of your life I see.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-03-2012, 05:19 PM
yeah, makes sense in a way... This that the other thing is at the bottom of the forum list for a reason.

The casual coffee house is casual but not littered with silly rubbish..

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't want to piss off Deep as I've seen what havoc he wreaks upon the unjust.
But the description of Casual Coffee House reads:
Quote:Casual chat. Talk about anything here. Have fun!

Silly rubbish seems to fit the bill.

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
22-03-2012, 05:31 PM
(22-03-2012 05:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't want to piss off Deep as I've seen what havoc he wreaks upon the unjust.
But the description of Casual Coffee House reads:
Quote:Casual chat. Talk about anything here. Have fun!

Silly rubbish seems to fit the bill.

While I don't know for certain, to me "fun" seems to be a key word. If something is dribble and not very fun, but doesn't fit into anything else, then off to this, that, and the other.. I wouldn't really know though.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
22-03-2012, 05:36 PM
yeah, though enough people wanted silly banter elsewhere that the new forum was created.

There are different levels of silliness. There's teenage/children's banter/tantrums eg: boobies, cameltoes etc. Then there's adult level silliness and small talk like weather and "boring" more serious stuff that has some mildly thought provoking content in it..

I don't know, the two forums seem kinda silly but they are there now. Enough people asked for it so it was done.
Even though the threads seem to end up in random places with no clear pattern at times.

It does seem the general idea is to put the totally pointless stuff in This that and the other thing.. (especially stuff that has nothing to do with atheism)

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Fucked if I know.

Seem the same to me.

I wasn't admin then.

On a side note, Shut up.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Maybe we should think of This, That... as a strip club that serves alcohol while the Coffee House is just a coffee house. Unless it's a Coffee House in Amsterdam.

Speaking of Amsterdam, Amsterdam tired of Lucradis (the crowd chants, "All Hail Lucradis"), censoring our free speech!

~Izel