Which games will you get this fall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Which games will you get this fall
(11-11-2014 04:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 04:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That reminds me; my brother has Dragon Age Inquisition on pre-order. There we go, that's one game.

Let me know what you think of that one. I was really disappointed with Dragon Age 2.

I really don't get the disappointment many felt with Dragon Age II. I liked it.

It was annoying that choices were at the end almost totally irrelevant, plus some characters like Merril, Fenris and Anders were fucking annoying, but I thought the game was solid.
Not to mention the cut and paste scenery.

Okay, I guess I do get the disappointment.

The combat was certainly better than in Origins. I tried to replay Origins in preparation of Inquisition but it was just too slow compared to II to get back into. I hope they managed to strike a balance between the games... But I doubt it.

Personally, I kinda preferred the dialogue in II as well; initially I hated the idea of not really being my own avatar in a Dragon Age game, but I found have an established character with a damn voice was very nice indeed.

My assessment of DAII aside, I'll be sure to make a thread with my thoughts on the game once I've got a few hours into it, Morgan.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm not a big grand new games buyer... for instance, I just bought Catherine after wanting it for years. Evil_monster

I am curious about a game on the WiiU.. might be the shop, called Citizens of Earth, that is apparently an Earthbound/Mother inspired game that has you as the president. Those types of games peak my interest more than anything.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2014, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 04:44 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Fuck Ubisoft, their PC ports are DRM laden bullshit. So no Assassin's Creed: Unity or FarCry 4.

I'll be getting Dragon Age: Inquisition for sure, too invested in the series not to at this point. I did however just pick up Valkyria Chronicles for the PC, as it's just $20 on Steam.

Also, the winter Steam Sale will be coming.

[Image: BraceYourselvesSteamSale.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-11-2014, 03:05 AM
I can't buy games Weeping

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
12-11-2014, 05:34 AM
(12-11-2014 03:05 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I can't buy games Weeping

Hug Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
12-11-2014, 06:00 AM
No plans this fall. I'll get a new system and grab Fallout 4 in fall 2015, though.

'Murican Canadian
12-11-2014, 06:25 AM

What?! Why?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
12-11-2014, 06:52 AM
(12-11-2014 06:25 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  

What?! Why?

We poor people have our reasons.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
12-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Can't find any games I want, except Borderlands the presequel and I am going to wait for that to come down in price first. Makes me wonder whether I should bother upgrading my graphics card until I have something decent to play.
12-11-2014, 07:01 AM
I did pick up Borderlands. That, Fallout, and Dragon Age are about the only ones I have any interest in, and Dragon Age alone isn't enough to warrant a new system at the moment. So I was pretty happy to see the BL presequel on the 360.

'Murican Canadian