Which games will you get this fall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Which games will you get this fall
(18-11-2014 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 02:40 PM)Sam Wrote:  There are 2 Assassin's Creed games out... Unity and Rogue.

Although Rogue does look like glorified DLC.

I went out to an EB Games store recently and say Rogue on there and my immediate thought was "The fuck is this? Did this get no advertising?"

And then I promptly ignored it like a good person, went to the heavily discounted (but woefully small) PC area and found a copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for 18 bucks. That's quality for price right there.

Rogue is for 360 and PS3.. the market is all about selling what's brand new, since it's not for the new consoles it was ignored. Gotta push the newest most grand merch over everything else.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2014, 05:07 PM
(18-11-2014 04:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I went out to an EB Games store recently and say Rogue on there and my immediate thought was "The fuck is this? Did this get no advertising?"

And then I promptly ignored it like a good person, went to the heavily discounted (but woefully small) PC area and found a copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for 18 bucks. That's quality for price right there.

Rogue is for 360 and PS3.. the market is all about selling what's brand new, since it's not for the new consoles it was ignored. Gotta push the newest most grand merch over everything else.

Yes but what is it?

It looks like they pumped out an entire game with the sole purpose of neglecting it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-11-2014, 05:12 PM
(18-11-2014 05:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 04:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Rogue is for 360 and PS3.. the market is all about selling what's brand new, since it's not for the new consoles it was ignored. Gotta push the newest most grand merch over everything else.

Yes but what is it?

It looks like they pumped out an entire game with the sole purpose of neglecting it.

It's just using the same assets as AC4.. more navel battles and all that jazz. I guess it takes place in the 7 years war. It's mainly a cash cow really and all the chaos with the series is probably why the lead woman behind the project left just a month ago right before these released.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Let me know if Inquisition is worth buying please!!! I got the Evil Within and GTA V (GTA V to play with a couple of friends) instead.. though I'm in love with the lore of games like DA. Can't wait for Fallout. The Witcher. Evolve. A couple other games that I can't think of right now! Destiny was a let down.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
18-11-2014, 07:12 PM
(18-11-2014 05:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 04:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Rogue is for 360 and PS3.. the market is all about selling what's brand new, since it's not for the new consoles it was ignored. Gotta push the newest most grand merch over everything else.

Yes but what is it?

The main character is an Assassin who's turned Templar... It's set a few years before AC3 I think. It seems more like a spin off title, since you're seeing things from the opposite perspective.

I'm in two minds about whether or not to get it. For me, the AC series has strayed too far from its roots. I found it very difficult to get into AC3, probably because it was such a dramatic shift from Renaissance Europe, to colonial North America... But, it did still keep true to the AC story. There was almost nothing worth climbing... I wanna climb cathedrals and massive castle walls, not little wooden shacks.

AC4, for me, while a very fun game, was the furthest away from the original storyline... It just didn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game. Its nearly a year since I finished the main campaign, so I might be mistaken, but as far as I can remember the Assassin's themselves barely even featured in the story...

Unity, looks more like an Assassin's Creed game proper... Set in a big city, with iconic architecture that you can climb. Crowds of people in the streets, lots of fancy clothes... Colonial America just wasn't grand or decadent enough for me.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2014, 07:28 PM
(18-11-2014 05:14 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Let me know if Inquisition is worth buying please!!! I got the Evil Within and GTA V (GTA V to play with a couple of friends) instead.. though I'm in love with the lore of games like DA. Can't wait for Fallout. The Witcher. Evolve. A couple other games that I can't think of right now! Destiny was a let down.

its really cool so far, I am about 10 hours into it and haven't even scratched the surface. I recommend console as the combat mechanics are probably easier on a console, I use an alienware laptop, and the button combos are a bit different than usual. Awesome game though. my poor fingertips hurt lol

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-11-2014, 08:17 PM
(18-11-2014 07:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 05:14 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Let me know if Inquisition is worth buying please!!! I got the Evil Within and GTA V (GTA V to play with a couple of friends) instead.. though I'm in love with the lore of games like DA. Can't wait for Fallout. The Witcher. Evolve. A couple other games that I can't think of right now! Destiny was a let down.

its really cool so far, I am about 10 hours into it and haven't even scratched the surface. I recommend console as the combat mechanics are probably easier on a console, I use an alienware laptop, and the button combos are a bit different than usual. Awesome game though. my poor fingertips hurt lol

Button combos?

Urgh...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-11-2014, 08:31 PM
(18-11-2014 08:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 07:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  its really cool so far, I am about 10 hours into it and haven't even scratched the surface. I recommend console as the combat mechanics are probably easier on a console, I use an alienware laptop, and the button combos are a bit different than usual. Awesome game though. my poor fingertips hurt lol

Button combos?

Urgh...

well it isnt the typical WSAD, it is more like WSADQE, and flicking up your pinky to hit the 1, 2, 3, 4 hot keys upon attack, and slapping the t button to go into tactical camera view to order your guys around....and the camera swing around at horrible angles, so I spend half my time gobbling health potions and the other half trying to swing the camera back up and from behind that damn tree to see the guy I am attacking...oh..nvm...dead. Weeping

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-11-2014, 08:41 PM
(18-11-2014 08:31 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 08:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Button combos?

Urgh...

well it isnt the typical WSAD, it is more like WSADQE, and flicking up your pinky to hit the 1, 2, 3, 4 hot keys upon attack, and slapping the t button to go into tactical camera view to order your guys around....and the camera swing around at horrible angles, so I spend half my time gobbling health potions and the other half trying to swing the camera back up and from behind that damn tree to see the guy I am attacking...oh..nvm...dead. Weeping

Oh; the key layout... Right.

I was concerned you may have been been talking about actual button combos. In which case I'd have to skip out entirely. If I want to play a game like that, I'd play Skullgirls.

Please tell me that it is controller compatible.

18-11-2014, 08:44 PM
(18-11-2014 08:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 08:31 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  well it isnt the typical WSAD, it is more like WSADQE, and flicking up your pinky to hit the 1, 2, 3, 4 hot keys upon attack, and slapping the t button to go into tactical camera view to order your guys around....and the camera swing around at horrible angles, so I spend half my time gobbling health potions and the other half trying to swing the camera back up and from behind that damn tree to see the guy I am attacking...oh..nvm...dead. Weeping

Oh; the key layout... Right.

I was concerned you may have been been talking about actual button combos. In which case I'd have to skip out entirely. If I want to play a game like that, I'd play Skullgirls.

Please tell me that it is controller compatible.

yeah it must be, I need to do that at some point lol