Poll: Which do you find more annoying?
Jehovah's Wittnesses
Mormons
Both are equally annoying
I am lucky enough to not get visits from either!
[Show Results]

Which is more annoying, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-05-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Which is more annoying, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?
(02-05-2014 10:20 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:09 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Huh Consider

I can think of several things that would be fun to do with fire to dissuade them. Unfortunately, flamethrowers are illegal and I don't have a pyrotechnics license.

Damn. In that case...pretend to be a Satanist? Or mock them and pretend to be a Pastafarian. Go door to door with a colander on your head Laugh out load

...if all else fails, put an upside down cross on your door. I hear it's a good creatard repellent in some cases Evil_monster

I'm good. The boxers/katana thing works well. I don't think there's anything (legal) that I could do to keep them away permanently, but when they have a memory lapse and start coming to my door again, that is a good reminder.

The thing that gets me is that my house is in no way shape or form an inviting place to walk up to. I have several "beware of dogs" signs, no trespassing signs, and a no soliciting sign... Dumb fucks still think I JUST MIGHT want to hear their stupidity.

I once asked a solicitor if they were taking donations for the illiterate or the mentally challenged. I got a really confused look and I pointed to all the signs and said "well, you either can't read, or you're really stupid. Which is it?"

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-05-2014, 10:35 AM
(02-05-2014 10:32 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I once asked a solicitor if they were taking donations for the illiterate or the mentally challenged. I got a really confused look and I pointed to all the signs and said "well, you either can't read, or you're really stupid. Which is it?"

I like that one too Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
02-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I guess we're lucky. We don't get either at home. The JW's have set up at the train station in town to get the commuting crowd but they only say hello and never bother anyone.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
02-05-2014, 11:39 AM
We don't have mormons, JW though we have those, I may have accidentally turned the garden hose on them while watering the plants. Angel

That and the rather large dogs I got at home keep them away.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Got JWs here, they only came by once and never came back....... I cant imagine why. Angel

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
02-05-2014, 12:21 PM
(02-05-2014 11:49 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Got JWs here, they only came by once and never came back....... I cant imagine why. Angel

They must not like white people, those racists!

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
02-05-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 01:07 PM by Miss Suzanne.)
(02-05-2014 10:06 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 09:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  JW's, they're persistent fuckers Dodgy

Mormons in my experience just get offended abd never come back.

Not here. No

Mormons come from all over the world to visit the original temple and are sent out to local neighborhoods to annoy people. Insulting them doesn't stop it and debating them only encourages them. They take it as a test of faith.

I guess their faith is less unshakable when their lives feel threatened. You'd think they'd trust in god to protect them from the crazy guy with the sword. Consider
Do you mind if I ask you if you live near SLC or Nauvoo? Cuz I've been to Nauvoo a few times to see that temple and for that Joseph Smith musical they put on in the summer. Haven't really ventured into the town just because I was with a group of other teens for a summer trip thing so we just stayed with the older/historic part of the town. But I can remember being shocked when we did go to a resturant and seeing an ad for Budweiser. Budweiser, in the city of Nauvoo that THE Joseph Smith founded?! Ohmy Now looking back on that I'm kind of feel silly thinking that way and feel sorry for all the normal people that live in that town. Though I'll admit I still want to see SLC just because I hear that those Mormons are totally different than the ones we got over here in the Midwest. From the ones that move here from Utah and the missionaries, I'd believe it.

I'll go ahead and say Mormons are more annoying. Partly because I haven't yet to have the "pleasure" of dealing with the JW. Mostly because of how fucking BIG the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is. Look at the production quality of their videos. See how many fucking people they got crammed into one building to hear their prophet speak twice a year. Look at how many temples they have all around the world and know they're still building those things and toy around thinking of how much money they got to build those things from ranches and other companies they own in addition to tithing. Don't forget all those damn countries they're sending out missionaries to serve and people they send out for relief from hurricanes and whatnot. Also consider that they have an adoption agency (that apparently is closing thank god) which, in addition to being unprofessional and slow, apparently try to pressure young single mothers in the church to give up their babies so they can be adopted by a good Mormon household. I shit you not. This church is like a giant plague. A sometimes helpful plague with some cool people. Still, I'd say it's more annoying because it has more of an influence on the world.

[Image: notagain.gif]
02-05-2014, 01:48 PM

They must put you in the RV book.
02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
(02-05-2014 01:48 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  

They must put you in the RV book.

Huh

Atir aissom atir imon
02-05-2014, 01:58 PM
(02-05-2014 01:51 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 01:48 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  They must put you in the RV book.

Huh

Cult-speak for Return Visit List.

People who upset a member get put in this book, and the local hall puts it in a bigger book, and from then on, you get bombarded until you give in.

I've actually seen it work on some people before, but not many.

The religion is a bit like a gang, really.