Poll: Which do you find more annoying?
Jehovah's Wittnesses
Mormons
Both are equally annoying
I am lucky enough to not get visits from either!
[Show Results]

Which is more annoying, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Which is more annoying, Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?
(02-05-2014 01:04 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:06 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Not here. No

Mormons come from all over the world to visit the original temple and are sent out to local neighborhoods to annoy people. Insulting them doesn't stop it and debating them only encourages them. They take it as a test of faith.

I guess their faith is less unshakable when their lives feel threatened. You'd think they'd trust in god to protect them from the crazy guy with the sword. Consider
Do you mind if I ask you if you live near SLC or Nauvoo? Cuz I've been to Nauvoo a few times to see that temple and for that Joseph Smith musical they put on in the summer. Haven't really ventured into the town just because I was with a group of other teens for a summer trip thing so we just stayed with the older/historic part of the town. But I can remember being shocked when we did go to a resturant and seeing an ad for Budweiser. Budweiser, in the city of Nauvoo that THE Joseph Smith founded?! Ohmy Now looking back on that I'm kind of feel silly thinking that way and feel sorry for all the normal people that live in that town. Though I'll admit I still want to see SLC just because I hear that those Mormons are totally different than the ones we got over here in the Midwest. From the ones that move here from Utah and the missionaries, I'd believe it.

I'll go ahead and say Mormons are more annoying. Partly because I haven't yet to have the "pleasure" of dealing with the JW. Mostly because of how fucking BIG the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is. Look at the production quality of their videos. See how many fucking people they got crammed into one building to hear their prophet speak twice a year. Look at how many temples they have all around the world and know they're still building those things and toy around thinking of how much money they got to build those things from ranches and other companies they own in addition to tithing. Don't forget all those damn countries they're sending out missionaries to serve and people they send out for relief from hurricanes and whatnot. Also consider that they have an adoption agency (that apparently is closing thank god) which, in addition to being unprofessional and slow, apparently try to pressure young single mothers in the church to give up their babies so they can be adopted by a good Mormon household. I shit you not. This church is like a giant plague. A sometimes helpful plague with some cool people. Still, I'd say it's more annoying because it has more of an influence on the world.

No, I live near Kirtland, Ohio. Where the religion was founded, not where it's based out of now. I drive past the first Mormon temple all the time and there are ALWAYS mormon tourists in the area on a pilgrimage.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
(02-05-2014 01:58 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 01:51 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Huh

Cult-speak for Return Visit List.

People who upset a member get put in this book, and the local hall puts it in a bigger book, and from then on, you get bombarded until you give in.

I've actually seen it work on some people before, but not many.

The religion is a bit like a gang, really.

Good to know..... thats right up my alley... I need to keep that in mind if they ever come a visitin here. Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
02-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I get none. Life is sweet.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
02-05-2014, 02:29 PM

People who upset a member get put in this book, and the local hall puts it in a bigger book, and from then on, you get bombarded until you give in.

Wait seriously? I'd move to Texas and start shooting people, fuck that.

Atir aissom atir imon
02-05-2014, 02:42 PM
(02-05-2014 02:29 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 01:58 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  Cult-speak for Return Visit List.

Wait seriously? I'd move to Texas and start shooting people, fuck that.

Sword... boxers... done.

Being the "Crazy guy" is the best way to get people to leave you alone. Crazy people are unpredictable and people really really don't want to find out what you might do.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-05-2014, 02:44 PM
They both annoy the shit out of me.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Both are delusional beyond belief

"Momma said, stupid is as stupid does". Laughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
02-05-2014, 04:52 PM
(02-05-2014 02:04 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 01:04 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Do you mind if I ask you if you live near SLC or Nauvoo? Cuz I've been to Nauvoo a few times to see that temple and for that Joseph Smith musical they put on in the summer. Haven't really ventured into the town just because I was with a group of other teens for a summer trip thing so we just stayed with the older/historic part of the town. But I can remember being shocked when we did go to a resturant and seeing an ad for Budweiser. Budweiser, in the city of Nauvoo that THE Joseph Smith founded?! Ohmy Now looking back on that I'm kind of feel silly thinking that way and feel sorry for all the normal people that live in that town. Though I'll admit I still want to see SLC just because I hear that those Mormons are totally different than the ones we got over here in the Midwest. From the ones that move here from Utah and the missionaries, I'd believe it.

I'll go ahead and say Mormons are more annoying. Partly because I haven't yet to have the "pleasure" of dealing with the JW. Mostly because of how fucking BIG the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is. Look at the production quality of their videos. See how many fucking people they got crammed into one building to hear their prophet speak twice a year. Look at how many temples they have all around the world and know they're still building those things and toy around thinking of how much money they got to build those things from ranches and other companies they own in addition to tithing. Don't forget all those damn countries they're sending out missionaries to serve and people they send out for relief from hurricanes and whatnot. Also consider that they have an adoption agency (that apparently is closing thank god) which, in addition to being unprofessional and slow, apparently try to pressure young single mothers in the church to give up their babies so they can be adopted by a good Mormon household. I shit you not. This church is like a giant plague. A sometimes helpful plague with some cool people. Still, I'd say it's more annoying because it has more of an influence on the world.

No, I live near Kirtland, Ohio. Where the religion was founded, not where it's based out of now. I drive past the first Mormon temple all the time and there are ALWAYS mormon tourists in the area on a pilgrimage.

Ahhh yeah! I don't know why I always forget Kirtland. I bet you get an ass-ton of Mormon tourists then! I feel sorry for you Hug

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
02-05-2014, 05:28 PM

Well, they showed up in two locations where I lived. First one, long ago, I happened to be using a boa constrictor as belt because I had lost my belt for my bath robe. I opened the door and the snake stuck out it's head and tongue to see what was there. They froze, turned and left and never came back.

The second time I found them in the garden talking to my husband who was very ill at the time and I got really pissed off and called them some names they may never had heard before and kicked them out. They never came back.

So I guess i got lucky.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I have to go with the Jehovah's Wittnesses on this but one only because I have yet to have a Mormon come knocking on my door.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]