Poll: Which of these virtues would you want to see a friend/spouse (or yourself) reach complete perfection in
Honesty
Courage
Charity (kind to others/altruism)
Good sense of humor
Patience
Humility
Pure sexuality (according to your defininition of purity)
Sobriety
Good looking Complexion and physique
intelligent
Forgiving
[Show Results]

Which of these qualities do you most want in yourself and others

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 11:52 AM by Wicked Clown.)
Which of these qualities do you most want in yourself and others
The quality that you prize the most which is the opposite of what you hate most in a person. For me it is a competition between Honesty and altruism followed by humility.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: Which of these qualities do you most want in yourself and others
Negs.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I find it ironic that the results of WC's poll so far are all qualities WC does not have.
He sure as shit ain't honest. His sense of humor is twisted and not funny. He has zero humility. And he's as dumb as a doorknob.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-09-2014, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 05:54 PM by ClydeLee.)
None... oh please none, not a single one of them seems like it would i desire perfect in for myself or a loved one. They're all positions that would be tragically brutal for one person to have perfectly.

Having perfect intelligence would probably lead to madness, but its the closest thing I could vote for. Just try breaking it down:

Honesty - most social interactions would go south quickly and you would be ostracized.
Courage - You would be dead within a week.
Charity (kind to others/altruism) - you would be continually naked and giving every ounce of sustenance you could to others.
Good sense of humor - (maybe this one isn't bad) Since you would know how to be able to stay funny while being already the best comedian... sounds depressing though.
Patience - Nothing would ever get done for you, your life would run out just as you were accepting taking the action you planned.
Humility - This would be too much of you not taking any credit or trying to achieve anything worth having a life for.
Pure sexuality (according to your defininition of purity) - why would that even be beneficial in anyway?
Sobriety - I guess it's not so bad, but limited to what I question?
Good looking Complexion and physique - Maybe this is just me coming out through these ideas, but the over adoration of every person that could come from perfect beauty does not sound pleasant.
intelligent - As I already stated, maddening, you have the answers and know there's only so much you could do in this universal reality we're constructed to.
Forgiving - just keep turning the cheek over and over and over and over...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
04-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I voted altruism for you Clown, be merciful and leave.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-09-2014, 06:03 PM
(04-09-2014 05:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  None... oh please none, not a single one of them seems like it would i desire perfect in for myself or a loved one. They're all positions that would be tragically brutal for one person to have perfectly.

Having perfect intelligence would probably lead to madness, but its the closest thing I could vote for. Just try breaking it down:

Honesty - most social interactions would go south quickly and you would be ostracized.
Charity (kind to others/altruism) - you would be continually naked and giving every ounce of sustenance you could to others.
Good sense of humor - (maybe this one isn't bad) Since you would know how to be able to stay funny while being already the best comedian... sounds depressing though.
Patience - Nothing would ever get done for you, your life would run out just as you were accepting taking the action you planned.
Humility - This would be too much of you not taking any credit or trying to achieve anything worth having a life for.
Pure sexuality (according to your defininition of purity) - why would that even be beneficial in anyway?
Good looking Complexion and physique - Maybe this is just me coming out through these ideas, but the over adoration of every person that could come from perfect beauty does not sound pleasant.
intelligent - As I already stated, maddening, you have the answers and know there's only so much you could do in this universal reality we're constructed to.

I like your post because of the effort. but I disagree. if intelligence reached the point of madnes, it would no longer be perfected in that virtue. being perfected in a good quality never leads to insanity or terrible choices or reckless behavior.
04-09-2014, 06:08 PM
(04-09-2014 06:03 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 05:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  None... oh please none, not a single one of them seems like it would i desire perfect in for myself or a loved one. They're all positions that would be tragically brutal for one person to have perfectly.

I like your post because of the effort. but I disagree. if intelligence reached the point of madnes, it would no longer be perfected in that virtue. being perfected in a good quality never leads to insanity or terrible choices or reckless behavior.

I guess that alters and shifts by what you think everything actually sums up to be, and what the ultimate mind would know about it. To me, that it would that it's absurd, pointless, and there is nothing I could do about it even with immense knowledge. Frequently how Doctor Who gets when he's in a slum mood, before the joyous desire for living by human beings rejuvenates his spirit. I think with enough knowledge, that wouldn't inspire you any longer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-09-2014, 06:11 PM
perfection in a good virtue should never lead to intrinsically bad behavior. that is what I'm trying to say. perfect compassion is not being so sorry for somebody that you have a heart attack and die!
04-09-2014, 06:16 PM
(04-09-2014 06:11 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  perfection in a good virtue should never lead to intrinsically bad behavior. that is what I'm trying to say. perfect compassion is not being so sorry for somebody that you have a heart attack and die!

So it's subject to your definitions of perfection? What's the point?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-09-2014, 07:06 PM
good qualities are not supposed to be bad qualities.