Which phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Which phone?
I am due for a phone upgrade. Which do you recommend and why? Thanks! Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 11:59 AM
RE: Which phone?
(05-08-2014 09:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am due for a phone upgrade. Which do you recommend and why? Thanks! Smile

I have been very happy with my Samsung Galaxy SII Sky Rocket (Android).

Of course, they're up to S4 or S5, now, but you can still get the SII and S3.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Im not up to date on phones, however what I will suggest is if you are happy with the phone you have got and your contract is coming to an end. Keep your old phone and get a SIM only contract. You can still get all of your allowances (texts, calls, data) for a fraction of the cost.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
05-08-2014, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 12:05 PM by Adrianime.)
Anything but an apple product.....

Personally I still use a 5 yr old LG with a slideout keyboard. No data plan. Don't need it, won't pay for it.

Oh, but I have heard good things about Samsung Galaxy phones. I would buy one of those if I could use it without a data plan. Verizon won't let me Sad

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
05-08-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm still using my iPhone 4.

Longest run of any phone I've had.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-08-2014, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 12:17 PM by Dom.)
Well, I am stuck with one provider anyway, there is only one that covers where I live.

I don't use the phone all that much anyway, but maybe that will change. I have an Android now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I have always had decent luck with LG - I keep it durable with a hard rubbery covering. It's an android platform but meh, I'm unimpressed with that particular aspect - they are control freaks.

If I lived the dream ... Nokia Lumia 928 (or 920). Hands down, Nokia has always made the best quality phones - IMO - best sound but above all... THE BEST CAMERA EVER! Always have had the best quality cameras in their phones - my ancient 12 year old Nokia takes better photos than my brand new LG, any iPhone or any Samsung out there. I know many don't give a shit about the camera, but it's important to me. I take detail quite personally and I want to see imagery reproduced the way I see it, even from 90 yards away.

Here are some reviews for the Lumia 928 from about a year ago... and spec sheets. Looks like Verizon carries it (or did). Though I will stick with my service (US Cellular), they've assured me they are going to be assholes about it an not carry Nokia products again anytime in the near future. We'll see how much I clout my bitching can carry.

Sometimes, I hate my sense of loyalty. Dodgy

Actually, I don't want to go to another carrier because ... I just don't want to get rid of my super cool number. I got it back in the mid 90s - I picked it out myself!!

I'm a fucking dinosaur, aren't I? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Samsung is very reliable
05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Well... here's Nokia's site - looks like they've really been kicking ass since I looked for a phone last year. ATT, T-Mobil, Verizon, Cricket ... lots of carriers and newer HD devices.
http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/?cid=n...dtmxb2ad97

Damn... bummed. Dodgy I need to find a new skin to crawl into... one that pays more attention to the rest of the world.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-08-2014, 01:37 PM
If you're a "technitard" then get an iPhone.

If you can handle technology then get an android, they are much better and more customizable. Depending on your carrier, I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia or an LG.

If you go the Android route each phone is really about personal preference. The Galaxy is a good all around phone, the One is all about music, the Nexus is all about power, etc... Make a list of what you look for in a phone and read some online reviews. Compare and contrast for the best experience Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post