Which phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Which phone?
(05-08-2014 01:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Well... here's Nokia's site - looks like they've really been kicking ass since I looked for a phone last year. ATT, T-Mobil, Verizon, Cricket ... lots of carriers and newer HD devices.
http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/?cid=n...dtmxb2ad97

Damn... bummed. Dodgy I need to find a new skin to crawl into... one that pays more attention to the rest of the world.

I am UScellular also. And, like I said, I don't have a choice if I want it to work at home.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 01:42 PM
What Im_Ryan said.

Make a list of what you need on a phone and try to find the one that better fits your needs. There isn't a one size fits all phone yet.

gsmarena is a good site to compare phones or see if the one you like has all the features you need/want.
[+] 1 user Likes Zippo's post
05-08-2014, 08:16 PM
(05-08-2014 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm still using my iPhone 4.

Longest run of any phone I've had.

Lol, me too! Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
05-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I would think one of these would do nicely.
[Image: il_570xN.91887943.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-08-2014, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 09:54 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
I've had Lumias, I'd give them two thumbs up, if you don't mind a simple, and not very customizable layout.

I've used iPhones... And iNotImpressed

I very much prefer androids, even though I was a Nokia/windows fanboy. The galaxy s3 was an overpriced, and slightly underperforming version of the Nexus 4, but it sold like crazy, even when the nexus was faster, and nearly half the price of the unlocked galaxy. The s5 is quite nice, and so is the Nexus 5. Both are fantastic phones. If you wanna go unlocked, the Nexus 5 is the way to go. If you're renewing a contract, try to get the s5.

Note: the Canadian s3 was pretty lame dual core. I never got my hands on a quad core one. Also, even though the Nexus 4 had no LTE internationally, it could access the Canadian LTE networks through a work around. The s5 and nexus 5 are both much improved.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-08-2014, 09:57 PM
As a side note: the s3 was the last phone that was slower to load web pages than most computers. Even the Nexus 4 was comparable on most pages. The s5 and nexus 5 are both fast enough that you'll be limited by your internet connection well before the phone processor.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-08-2014, 01:11 AM
You can get a brand new samsung galaxy S3 for around 200$ online. If you are going to go into a contract, I would look into getting an S4 or S5. I own an S3 and I am very happy with it, its plenty fast and has all the features I need plus a million others I don't. The s4 and S5 have nicer screens and a few other features. The s5 is cool because I guess it is water resistant.
06-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Witch phone?

[Image: wizezpipww01-w370_zps6e2d62f4.jpg]
06-08-2014, 01:50 AM
(05-08-2014 01:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Well... here's Nokia's site - looks like they've really been kicking ass since I looked for a phone last year.

Literally you could kick ass with one of those things. They are so tough.

[Image: f6e.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Yabbut, I can't get a Nokia on USCellular.

Somehow the tech enthusiasm is wearing off for me. I used to get all excited about a new computer or phone or tablet etc.

Now, picking one has become a chore, and breaking one in has too. Confused

The last new computer I got almost ended up in the pond because windows changed everything and I got so frustrated trying to get everything I use to be available in one click like it used to be.

Maybe I am too old, or too spoiled, or maybe the whole thing just isn't as much of a toy anymore. Tongue

All this time the IPhone was what everyone said I should get, now that USCellular carries them, it looks like they are not recommended anymore.

I don't really use my phone much, I use the PC. I like me a big screen. I use the phone for entertainment when I am stuck some place waiting for something. I used to use it as "the long leash", staying connected to my business while running errands and stuff. I sold the biz so now I don't need it for that anymore (thankfully! Big Grin)

Anyway, I am still conflicted about what to get....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man