Which superpower would you like to have?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Which superpower would you like to have?
(30-07-2013 08:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The ability to absorb information via touch. I'd spend my days in the libraries absorbing all knowledge.

But what if you accidentally learn something you really didn't want to learn about. Consider

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2013, 09:26 AM
(30-07-2013 09:24 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 08:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The ability to absorb information via touch. I'd spend my days in the libraries absorbing all knowledge.

But what if you accidentally learn something you really didn't want to learn about. Consider

I would then know enough to write about it and dis-spell whatever issue I had with it.

If I could readily absorb knowledge, I could critique any idea! It would be heaven. Because I would also absorb the information necessary to properly cite it!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
30-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Would have to go with Dr. Mahatten-esque/Dave Bowman-y energy being style powers Tongue

Surprised nobody has mentioned invisibility...the implications for spanking it alone...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
30-07-2013, 09:46 AM
(30-07-2013 07:00 AM)donna Wrote:  to make things move with my mind so I can clean house without getting off the sofa!

I too am modestly practical with my superpower wanna be. I'm still looking for my damn sock so I have one argyle sock on and one stripped sock on the other foot. My superpower of Finding Things would eliminate this problem. I could set up a Lost and Found center and find everything everyone in the world loses. People would love me and I'd be famous.

I could also find the Lost City of Atlantis.

I could find criminals who are on the run therefore I could find those guys that held up the Ritz Carlton in Cannes France a couple days ago and... take the diamonds for myself! Bowahahaha!

I didn't say I was a good person I just said I could Find Things.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
30-07-2013, 09:51 AM
(30-07-2013 03:12 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Cheese vision. I could turn anything to cheese. Keep in mind I can turn it off and on. Drinking Beverage

Cheeeeeeese Grommet! Lets go on a cheeeeeese vacation! To the moon.

You have seen Wallis and Grommet.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-07-2013, 12:02 PM
(30-07-2013 09:41 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Surprised nobody has mentioned invisibility...the implications for spanking it alone...

Frankie Boyle (A comedian) said in one of his stand up shows that he would love to have the power of invisibility.

He said the first thing he would do would be to kick a mime artist to death Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
30-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Don't touch the internetz!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
30-07-2013, 12:30 PM
I revise mine. I'd like the ability to travel through time. Not to interfere just to observe.

It would be sooooo useful.

Of course I'd win a big lottery too and become a huge philanthropist.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

30-07-2013, 12:42 PM
You guys all have shit powers because I could just turn you all into cheese. And eat you.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-07-2013, 12:48 PM
(30-07-2013 12:42 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You guys all have shit powers because I could just turn you all into cheese. And eat you.

You specified cheese vision, which means that anyone who chose invisibility would be immune.

... this is my signature!