Which type of knife?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Which type of knife?
(13-12-2016 09:23 AM)Fireball Wrote:  http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/metalw...fgodBhUG6w

I have one of these, bought it at Lowes. I haven't used it to thaw locks, though. I used it to solder bigger automotive wires together. One could thaw things with it, if held back further and/or kept it moving.

Go to a motorcycle shop and buy a windproof butane lighter.

Back when I smoked I had one - and could light a cigarette at 55 mph - without a windshield.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-12-2016, 11:19 AM
(13-12-2016 11:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 09:23 AM)Fireball Wrote:  http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/metalw...fgodBhUG6w

I have one of these, bought it at Lowes. I haven't used it to thaw locks, though. I used it to solder bigger automotive wires together. One could thaw things with it, if held back further and/or kept it moving.

Go to a motorcycle shop and buy a windproof butane lighter.

Back when I smoked I had one - and could light a cigarette at 55 mph - without a windshield.....

Sounds like a plan...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-12-2016, 12:29 PM
(11-12-2016 07:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know anything about knives short of my kitchen knives.

I need a knife that:

I can put in my jacket pocket, small is good

must cut thick rope

must cut twigs and very small branches

and the blade must be sturdy, i.e. not flop freaking backwards while you are cutting like the pocket knife I have now.

Recommendations?

A hawkbill pruner should fit the bill. Something like a Old Timer 216OT liner lock. $17.24 at Amazon.com which is a fraction of what you'd pay for something like a Spyderco. Nothing wrong with a Spyderco, but it doesn't sound like you need something expensive. I like this Old Timer because it locks open, but there are plenty of other hawkbill pruners available from cheaper to god awful expensive.

For the lighter try a JetLine Triple Torch.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post