Which type of religion do you laugh at the most?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Which type of religion do you laugh at the most?
Basically, what denomination, sect or type of Christian or other religions do you think is most laughable, or the one that you just plain dislike the most? Who's religious ideals do you think are the most ridiculous?

I do not know a whole lot about each one individually, however, so far I would have to think that it is Mormons or possibly one of the ones who think aliens are going to hell, because they don't believe in god....in other words...whatever Ken Hams actual religion is called.

Btw...does anyone know what Sye Ten actually is? I think whatever they are is a good contender for my most laughable, hate-able sects of the Christian religion?

Oh...I almost forgot! Scientology!

That stuff is pretty ridiculous! How the American government does not see they are a dangerous cult and shut them down, I will never know.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Which type of religion do you laugh at the most?
Too many tears have been shed on behalf of religion. Honestly, i have to laugh at it to keep myself from crying. It's a mechanism at this point. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't know enough about Scientology so, I'd rather not comment.... although, what I do know is pretty out there ... but what I've heard seems a bit chilling.

I'd have to say the goofiest are the Mormons. The history alone is the stuff of ... well, numerous south park episodes.

Not to mention ...
[Image: Garment.jpg]
... magic underwear. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
12-09-2014, 12:33 AM
I fail to find the self-destructive aspects of the human race funny. It's like thinking it's funny when an alcoholic gets drunk. They have a problem -- it's best not to laugh at it.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
12-09-2014, 12:44 AM
The ones that never had or don't currently have guns and bombs.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
12-09-2014, 12:46 AM
(12-09-2014 12:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  -- it's best not to laugh at it.

You've been in Germany too long

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
12-09-2014, 01:03 AM
(12-09-2014 12:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You've been in Germany too long

Dodgy

On the contrary -- I've been living in the U.S for half a year now. That's why I'm not laughing.

Getmeoutofhereplz

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
12-09-2014, 01:20 AM
(12-09-2014 12:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I fail to find the self-destructive aspects of the human race funny. It's like thinking it's funny when an alcoholic gets drunk. They have a problem -- it's best not to laugh at it.

This.

The area I live in and my workplace is very fundamentalist Christian. I find nothing funny about it or them.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
12-09-2014, 01:47 AM
I tend to aim the bulk of my mockery and ridicule at the religion that believes the unsubstantiated bullshit for stupid and illogical reasons.

The name of which escapes me currently. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
12-09-2014, 04:10 AM
I hate this question because it ignores the long term picture of our species flawed evolution in that we default to gap filling more than fact finding. Yes we laugh at things and that is fine, but unfortunately humans are stuck on this garbage to a political level and that does cause real problems in our species ability to find peace.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user