Which type of religion do you laugh at the most?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Which type of religion do you laugh at the most?
(11-09-2014 11:23 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Basically, what denomination, sect or type of Christian or other religions do you think is most laughable, or the one that you just plain dislike the most? Who's religious ideals do you think are the most ridiculous?

I do not know a whole lot about each one individually, however, so far I would have to think that it is Mormons or possibly one of the ones who think aliens are going to hell, because they don't believe in god....in other words...whatever Ken Hams actual religion is called.

Btw...does anyone know what Sye Ten actually is? I think whatever they are is a good contender for my most laughable, hate-able sects of the Christian religion?

Oh...I almost forgot! Scientology!

That stuff is pretty ridiculous! How the American government does not see they are a dangerous cult and shut them down, I will never know.

My top three in order of most craziest to least are:

1) Breatharian
http://www.breatharian.com/

2) Scientology

3) Mormons

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
(12-09-2014 02:04 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 11:23 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  How the American government does not see they are a dangerous cult and shut them down, I will never know.
First amendment.

I'm sure there are those out there who say "How the American government does not see atheists are a dangerous cult and shut them down, I will never know."

The difference is that they actually commit crimes. We are not a pay to be a part of us and they separate and destroy entire families. They are a cult. One of the main differences between a cult and a religion is that a religion will not brainwash and force a wife to move out of the house of her family. Force her to never communicate with them again and separate them so that the family cannot convince her to leave the church. Scientology has done things like this. They are dangerous criminals, hiding behind an ocean of layers, lies and the first amendment.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-09-2014, 03:05 PM
(12-09-2014 02:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 11:23 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Basically, what denomination, sect or type of Christian or other religions do you think is most laughable, or the one that you just plain dislike the most? Who's religious ideals do you think are the most ridiculous?

I do not know a whole lot about each one individually, however, so far I would have to think that it is Mormons or possibly one of the ones who think aliens are going to hell, because they don't believe in god....in other words...whatever Ken Hams actual religion is called.

Btw...does anyone know what Sye Ten actually is? I think whatever they are is a good contender for my most laughable, hate-able sects of the Christian religion?

Oh...I almost forgot! Scientology!

That stuff is pretty ridiculous! How the American government does not see they are a dangerous cult and shut them down, I will never know.

My top three in order of most craziest to least are:

1) Breatharian

2) Scientology

3) Mormons

Right off the bat I'm confused. The Breatharians say "THE ASCENSION Of THE WORLD DID HAPPEN RIGHT ON SCHEDULE
DECEMBER 21, 2012" Huh? I must have missed it while Christmas shopping.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I give a giggle to magic hats and seer stones...and magic underwear...

Then I'll laugh at the people who don't eat unclean animals...which leads me to think of crisp bacon.

Catholic cannibalism...might preoccupy my time. Zombies!

Then I think about the crazies who let rats run all over them...or keep their cows well fed while children starve....

Then I get pissed and start thinking about the idiots who pray for their children to be healed or refuse a blood transfusion out of fear for their soul.

Then I think about fucking Tom Cruise -- what an incredibly shitty actor he is....

All the money regular people have wasted on Scientology....

Then I think about other cults...like Jim jones...heavens gate.....

Somehow this all leads me back to Mormonism...giving up so much money to be saved....and how it's harmless...Which is bullshit...no church should infringe on your ability to feed your family.

Back to seer stones and magic underwear...

Yes...circular. Aren't they all?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-09-2014, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 08:40 AM by kim.)
(12-09-2014 02:50 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The difference is that they actually commit crimes. We are not a pay to be a part of us and they separate and destroy entire families. They are a cult. One of the main differences between a cult and a religion is that a religion will not brainwash and force a wife to move out of the house of her family. Force her to never communicate with them again and separate them so that the family cannot convince her to leave the church. Scientology has done things like this. They are dangerous criminals, hiding behind an ocean of layers, lies and the first amendment.

Uh ... Unsure wat?

Luke 14:26
the control freak known as Jesus Wrote:If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 19:29
the amalgam known as Jesus Wrote:And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

All religions are cults ... from the big "accepted" ones right down to the fringe.
There is a difference between faith and religion.

Personally, my friends can believe whatever they want to believe as long as they are able to laugh at it, it doesn't control their lives, and they don't try to get me to believe it.

Hell, I have a friend who speculates that ancient human beings were given an evolutionary boost of DNA from aliens traveling through space. Where those conversations go... depends on what and how much we are both drinking. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
14-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Laughing at religion for me is a coping mechanism so that I can actually stay sane in this counter-apologetics scene. Sometimes it is the level of absurdity, but really it is because otherwise, the fact that people believe this stuff would actually destroy me inside.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
14-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I just shake my head at the things people will believe.

The little I know about Scientology is puzzling at best. The Mormon faith also has some aspects I consider quite bizarre.

But then, I was participating in the Catholic faith so who am I to judge?

-The body of Christ - Amen - yeah, no weirdness there...Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Spells/invocations. The idea that saying some special words and/or special movements causing some blessing for someone you like or something bad for someone you hate is hilarious to me. I play tabletop RPGs so when people think that shit is real I get a good laugh.
14-09-2014, 10:53 PM
(12-09-2014 02:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  1) Breatharian

According to their website, they have an immortality workshop for 1m dollars and 10k for some water from the fountain of youth that somehow came directly from the garden of Eden.

Quote:ELIXIR OF THE GODS
This water originates and flows from the legendary Fountain of Youth and Immortality in the "Garden Of Eden" in the Kingdom of Love and Wisdom, which is in the 5th Dimensional Earth/Worlds located at the end of the
"Yellow Brick Road".

The end of the yellow brick..road? WTF?! Laughat

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post