Which version of Christianity is the right one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 05:36 AM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Which version of Christianity is the right one?
(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you have not been following any of my post to this point, then maybe you do not know I do not represent any specific domination or even a non denominational church. What I am representing is biblical Christianity. Meaning what I am writing about has been modeled in the bible, and if any of you wish to see book chapter and verse then ask for it. as i have been told not to "preach" unsolicited sermons.

That said I turn my attention to the question why there are so many sects of Christianity?

My response is there has always been. If you look at how the bible was compiled and written, more over the NT. you will see it is divided into the 4 gospel accounts (the stories of Christ) the book of Acts, which is the general establishment of the Church and the introduction of the Apostle Paul. Then we have the different letters or books to the different Churches or the first centuries equivalent of the different denominations of the church. The letters to the church at Corinth, Rome, Galatia, Ephesus, The letter to the Former Hebrew worshipers, all represented different denominational forms of worship. This is made evident in the letters themselves in how the various authors addressed the various forms of worship. God through the Apostles never set up a singular form of worship as He did with the Jews.

If God wanted us to adopt all of the ceremonies traditions and rules that most of you think of whenever Christianity is mentioned. He would have given to us. Christianity Biblical Christianity is about freedom from religion. The works found in the books of the NT attest to this fact. Paul Spends most of his time shooting down all of the different religious "have to's" the different churches and church leaders were making for themselves.

Christ told us (and this sentiment is also echoed by Paul) The whole of the law hangs on two commands. To Love our Lord God with all of our being,(Heart/ with all of your feeling, Mind/with all of your academic ability, Spirit/with all of your will and Strength/physical effort) and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

That is it. Those are the governing terms of Biblical Christian worship. Subsequently that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity as well. Because all of us are a little different and we have different strength, our adherence to our greatest command would have us worship alittle differently to meet our indivisual strengths. Honestly I do not even think this is a conscience effort for most, we just naturally want to do our best for God.

For instance a charismatic man would waste away his gifts in a strictly academic church or setting. and vise versa an academic would not be worshiping God with all of His abilities if he were to worship in a jump up and down charismatic setting.

Christ freed us from a singular rule driven worship and ceremonies type of service, unless this is the type of thing we need. "For what you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven, and what you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven." Meaning for the one who seeks to worship Christ with all of his being his efforts are only bound by His heart.

Obviously one has to reconcile that with what has been written to regulate the church (the have to's for the most part) but outside of where the bible speaks you are free to worship how you see fit. Apparently there about 35,000 different combinations (give or take) of sanctified (Christ centered forms of fellowship.) where like minded believers come together to worship God with all of their being.

Someone asked which one is the correct one? the answer is none are on their own merit, yet all are under the atonement offered by Christ.
How is this possible? The same atonement that is offered when one willfully sins is also offered in abundance when one gives all of His heart, Mind, Spirit and Strength to God. Even if all that he has to offer falls short of another's standard.

The tricky thing here is not to talk yourself into lowering your "all in standard" to suit your current life style, lest you think God a fool or bound by loop holes you have created for yourself.

No.

You're no representative of "biblical Christianity." You're just spouting your own feel good nonsense. You appear to know nothing of the history.

The bible was written to control people. That'a all there is to it. It's propaganda. Promise the plebs heaven, threaten them with hell, and then tax their income. It's a licence to make money.

The reason there are so many denominations is that over the years many people didn't like being controlled by other Christians, so created their own little empires.

You're repeating the pattern with "your" (terribly unoriginal) interpretation, and your patronising, narcissistic attitude..."If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone." You think you're a shining light, yet you're just another thoroughly brainwashed sheep desperate for some recognition.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Mark Fulton's post
24-02-2014, 06:49 AM
(24-02-2014 12:30 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:27 AM)Drich Wrote:  Is that a question?

Well there's no question mark, is there?

Paul tells us we all willfully do evil.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
24-02-2014, 06:51 AM
(24-02-2014 06:49 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:30 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Well there's no question mark, is there?

And I think Paul is an ignorant self centered bigot Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
24-02-2014, 07:03 AM
(24-02-2014 06:49 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:30 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Well there's no question mark, is there?

Was Paul wilfully doing evil when he said this?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-02-2014, 07:04 AM
(24-02-2014 03:37 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  No.

You're no representative of "biblical Christianity." You're just spouting your own feel good nonsense. You appear to know nothing of the history.

The bible was written to control people. That'a all there is to it. It's propaganda. Promise the plebs heaven, threaten them with hell, and then tax their income. It's a licence to make money.
incorrect. Few will argue that durning the dark ages 'control' of the world was obtained by suppressing knowledge of the bible. It was translated into a dead language and kept there for well over a 1000 years. It wasn't till the bible was translated and printed in mass did we finally free ourselves from the very control you think the bible brings.

Quote:The reason there are so many denominations is that over the years many people didn't like being controlled by other Christians, so created their own little empires.
.... Because they can not worship under the constrains of others to their fullest. You were almost there.

Quote:You're repeating the pattern with "your" (terribly unoriginal) interpretation, and your patronising, narcissistic attitude..."If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone." You think you're a shining light, yet you're just another thoroughly brainwashed sheep desperate for some recognition.
If this were true then one would think you all would have an easier time dispelling 'my version.' Stop pretending and posturing for a moment and just look at the quality of the responses so far. Personal insult and off topic remarks. These are the hallmarks of people who desperately want to speak out, but are not in a theological position to do so. Presumable because your goto anti Christian doctrine does not cover what I've said here. Which would not be a problem if your all were the thinking atheists you claim to be.. As it is the best collective thoughts on this subject are yours, and they are based off of a common response that was easily defeated against the known history you alluded to.

What else you got?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
24-02-2014, 07:05 AM
(24-02-2014 07:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:49 AM)Drich Wrote:  Paul tells us we all willfully do evil.

Maybe not wilfully since religion often makes people confused on what is right and wrong so they do evil not being aware of it Rolleyes
24-02-2014, 07:07 AM
(24-02-2014 07:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:49 AM)Drich Wrote:  Paul tells us we all willfully do evil.

Your answe can be found in Romans chapter 7.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

24-02-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 09:14 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you have not been following any of my post to this point,

It's "any of my posts". Any 4th Grader knows the difference between singular and plural. That places your bullshit at about 2nd or 3rd Grade bullshit.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  then maybe you do not know I do not represent any specific domination or even a non denominational church. What I am representing is biblical Christianity.

Nope. You "represent" nothing but your own ignorance, (which you do well). Christianity is no more "biblical" than anything or any other cult. You clearly have no clue how the Bible was written, or anything about ancient Hebrew culture, ancient history, or the ancient Near East.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Meaning what I am writing about has been modeled in the bible, and if any of you wish to see book chapter and verse then ask for it. as i have been told not to "preach" unsolicited sermons.

Just go away. You add as much here as you did over the course of your crap on AF. Which is precisely NOTHING.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you look at how the bible was compiled and written, more over the NT. you will see it is divided into the 4 gospel accounts (the stories of Christ) the book of Acts, which is the general establishment of the Church and the introduction of the Apostle Paul. Then we have the different letters or books to the different Churches or the first centuries equivalent of the different denominations of the church.

Wrong again. The Pauline communities were established BY Saul, and he was writing to HIS OWN (known) cult members. There were in no way "different denominations". You made that shit up. It was NOT about how they worshiped, but WHAT they worshiped.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  The letter to the Former Hebrew worshipers, all represented different denominational forms of worship. This is made evident in the letters themselves in how the various authors addressed the various forms of worship. God through the Apostles never set up a singular form of worship as He did with the Jews.

No one "worshiped Hebrews", you fucking idiot. There are no "forms of worship" addressed in the letters. Even the "content" of what was worshiped was generally consistent, (although there was development .. as any real scholar knows .. which clearly you have not the slightest clue about). There were many factions (which amounted to sects) of Jews. More proof you have not the slight clue what crap you spout. But do please continue. Fools like you do more damage to your own cause than any atheist ever could. You are hilarious.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  If God wanted us to adopt all of the ceremonies traditions and rules that most of you think of whenever Christianity is mentioned. He would have given to us.

"He would have given to us" is not a sentence in the English language, idiot.
It's not about "forms". You are SO ignorant that you actually think sectarian differences are actually about worship "forms", and not belief content. Are you mentally challenged ? (That's a big word for retarded.)

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Christianity Biblical Christianity is about freedom from religion. The works found in the books of the NT attest to this fact. Paul Spends most of his time shooting down all of the different religious "have to's" the different churches and church leaders were making for themselves.

No he doesn't. He says (when it's convenient) they are freed from the OLD law ... THE SAME FUCKING OLD LAW YOU just got done saying was ONE "form", you idiot. You just contradicted YOURSELF. He also says (as when speaking about women) they MUST continue to keep it, (such as women shutting up in church).

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Christ told us (and this sentiment is also echoed by Paul) The whole of the law hangs on two commands. To Love our Lord God with all of our being,(Heart/ with all of your feeling, Mind/with all of your academic ability, Spirit/with all of your will and Strength/physical effort) and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Someone like you should never use the words "academic ability".
First you obviously possess none, and don't even know what those words mean, and secondly, taking ancient language literally proves you know nothing about the Bible. Just more pious bullshit, from Drich. He's all about pious tripe.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  That is it. Those are the governing terms of Biblical Christian worship. Subsequently that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity as well.

Bull Fucking Shit.
The sects of Christianity are not about "forms", they are about belief content, and NO other Christian, much less scholars, would agree with your crap. You are so uneducated you have NO CLUE how and why the sects arose, and what the sects believe, and how they are different. It's NOT about the "forms" of worship. It's about belief content.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Because all of us are a little different and we have different strength, our adherence to our greatest command would have us worship alittle differently to meet our indivisual strengths. Honestly I do not even think this is a conscience effort for most, we just naturally want to do our best for God.

Nice try. It's "strengths", and the various sects are NOT about forms of worship, but content. the SAME sects CHANGE their worship forms all the time, yet REMAIN the same sect, you fucking idiot. Your "strength" apparently lies not between your ears.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Christ freed us from a singular rule driven worship and ceremonies type of service, unless this is the type of thing we need. "For what you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven, and what you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven." Meaning for the one who seeks to worship Christ with all of his being his efforts are only bound by His heart.

More crap from someone who has not a clue about the history of his own cult, and why sects developed.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Someone asked which one is the correct one?

No they didn't. They asked which set of BELIEFS was the correct one.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  The tricky thing here is not to talk yourself into lowering your "all in standard" to suit your current life style, lest you think God a fool or bound by loop holes you have created for yourself.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  What I am representing is biblical Christianity.

You are not. You represent your own ignorant bullshit, which no scholar on Earth agrees with. No one has "created loop holes" you retard.

Prove anything you say is true. You asserting shit does not make it true.
You can't even prove that Jebus existed.

But, by all means please continue. Your are THE MOST idiotic believer EVER to show up here, and do a great job of making you cult look bad. No atheist could do a better job in making you people look like fools.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2014, 07:17 AM
(24-02-2014 07:04 AM)Drich Wrote:  It was translated into a dead language and kept there for well over a 1000 years.

Exactly. More proof you have not a clue. It wasn't a "dead" language when it was 1st translated, you ignoramus.

(24-02-2014 07:04 AM)Drich Wrote:  If this were true then one would think you all would have an easier time dispelling 'my version.'

You ignorance needs no "dispelling. It refutes itself. No serious person on the planet buys your crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2014, 08:13 AM
(24-02-2014 07:05 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Was Paul wilfully doing evil when he said this?

Maybe not wilfully since religion often makes people confused on what is right and wrong so they do evil not being aware of it Rolleyes

So how can you trust Paul?

(and no I'm not going to read Romans chapter 7. I would come up with a different interpretation than you)