Which version of Christianity is the right one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: Which version of Christianity is the right one?
(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  i have been told not to "preach" unsolicited sermons.

Then why the fuck are you preaching an unsolicited sermon right here, asshole.

(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  If God blah blah blah....

You have not demonstrated through evidence that your fairy tale monster exists. Don't give us all this bullshit about what your fairy tale monster thinks (which is really only what YOU think) when you haven't even shown that it exists.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-02-2014, 08:38 AM
(24-02-2014 08:13 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:05 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Maybe not wilfully since religion often makes people confused on what is right and wrong so they do evil not being aware of it Rolleyes

So how can you trust Paul?

(and no I'm not going to read Romans chapter 7. I would come up with a different interpretation than you)

I don't trust Paul I just said that he is a self centered ignorant bigot Laughat
24-02-2014, 08:47 AM
(24-02-2014 08:38 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 08:13 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So how can you trust Paul?

(and no I'm not going to read Romans chapter 7. I would come up with a different interpretation than you)

I don't trust Paul I just said that he is a self centered ignorant bigot Laughat

Sorry my fault. For some reason I thought I was responding to Drich.

Oh god that sounds such an insult. I don't know why it happened. It was a complete brain fart on my part.

I did wonder why Drich had responded twice.

Sorry.

Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-02-2014, 08:52 AM
(24-02-2014 07:07 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Was Paul wilfully doing evil when he said this?
Your answe can be found in Romans chapter 7.

And the answer to all your questions can be found in the following book

http://www.amazon.com/The-Neuroscience-H...ucinations

But not having access to a Bible what answer are you are referring to?
24-02-2014, 08:58 AM
(24-02-2014 07:04 AM)Drich Wrote:  What else you got?

Nothing, except a 'thank you' for reaffirming my atheism with your poor arguments...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
24-02-2014, 09:00 AM
(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  Blah blah blah....and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

That is it.

Which you demonstrate here in your every post your own miserable failure to do.

24-02-2014, 09:06 AM
(24-02-2014 12:15 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you have not been following any of my post to this point, then maybe you do not know I do not represent any specific domination or even a non denominational church. What I am representing is biblical Christianity. Meaning what I am writing about has been modeled in the bible, and if any of you wish to see book chapter and verse then ask for it. as i have been told not to "preach" unsolicited sermons.

That said I turn my attention to the question why there are so many sects of Christianity?

My response is there has always been. If you look at how the bible was compiled and written, more over the NT. you will see it is divided into the 4 gospel accounts (the stories of Christ) the book of Acts, which is the general establishment of the Church and the introduction of the Apostle Paul. Then we have the different letters or books to the different Churches or the first centuries equivalent of the different denominations of the church. The letters to the church at Corinth, Rome, Galatia, Ephesus, The letter to the Former Hebrew worshipers, all represented different denominational forms of worship. This is made evident in the letters themselves in how the various authors addressed the various forms of worship. God through the Apostles never set up a singular form of worship as He did with the Jews.

If God wanted us to adopt all of the ceremonies traditions and rules that most of you think of whenever Christianity is mentioned. He would have given to us. Christianity Biblical Christianity is about freedom from religion. The works found in the books of the NT attest to this fact. Paul Spends most of his time shooting down all of the different religious "have to's" the different churches and church leaders were making for themselves.

Christ told us (and this sentiment is also echoed by Paul) The whole of the law hangs on two commands. To Love our Lord God with all of our being,(Heart/ with all of your feeling, Mind/with all of your academic ability, Spirit/with all of your will and Strength/physical effort) and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

That is it. Those are the governing terms of Biblical Christian worship. Subsequently that is why there are so many different sects of Christianity as well. Because all of us are a little different and we have different strength, our adherence to our greatest command would have us worship alittle differently to meet our indivisual strengths. Honestly I do not even think this is a conscience effort for most, we just naturally want to do our best for God.

For instance a charismatic man would waste away his gifts in a strictly academic church or setting. and vise versa an academic would not be worshiping God with all of His abilities if he were to worship in a jump up and down charismatic setting.

Christ freed us from a singular rule driven worship and ceremonies type of service, unless this is the type of thing we need. "For what you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven, and what you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven." Meaning for the one who seeks to worship Christ with all of his being his efforts are only bound by His heart.

Obviously one has to reconcile that with what has been written to regulate the church (the have to's for the most part) but outside of where the bible speaks you are free to worship how you see fit. Apparently there about 35,000 different combinations (give or take) of sanctified (Christ centered forms of fellowship.) where like minded believers come together to worship God with all of their being.

Someone asked which one is the correct one? the answer is none are on their own merit, yet all are under the atonement offered by Christ.
How is this possible? The same atonement that is offered when one willfully sins is also offered in abundance when one gives all of His heart, Mind, Spirit and Strength to God. Even if all that he has to offer falls short of another's standard.

The tricky thing here is not to talk yourself into lowering your "all in standard" to suit your current life style, lest you think God a fool or bound by loop holes you have created for yourself.
Which version of Christianity explains why an omnipotent god would take days to accomplish rising from the dead...?

...yeah, that's what I thought. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
24-02-2014, 09:36 AM
(24-02-2014 07:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's "any of my posts". Any 4th Grader knows the difference between singular and plural. That places your bullshit at about 2nd or 3rd Grade bullshit.
It's been my experience that those who can do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't even teach grade papers. Which one do you seem to be? Consider

Quote:Nope. You "represent" nothing but your own ignorance, (which you do well). Christianity is no more "biblical" than anything or any other cult. You clearly have no clue how the Bible was written, or anything about ancient Hebrew culture, ancient history, or the ancient Near East.
Proof?
or am I just to take your word?

Quote:Just go away. You add as much here as you did over the course of your crap on AF. Which is precisely NOTHING.
I've been able to answer all the questions posed at AF In the christianity section of the website. there maybe 6 new posts in the last 2 weeks. And if you really and honestly look around alot of the voices here are begining to quite down as well.

Quote:Wrong again. The Pauline communities were established BY Saul, and he was writing to HIS OWN (known) cult members. There were in no way "different denominations". You made that shit up. It was NOT about how they worshiped, but WHAT they worshiped.
Laugh out load AHHH, no. If Paul had one big church apart from everyone else then were is his book of rules? he was a pharisee surly he would have seen the value in puting every one under one big set of rules.. That way they would be easier to mannage.

Did he do this? again no. Look at the content of each one of his epsitles, each one is tailored to a specific and unique set of problems. Why? because as He says in Acts He approaches each group of people according to their own set of strengths and weaknesses based on what They Think worship of God to be like, so long as it did not contradict What Paul knew to be the absolutes of the faith.
Sorry buckster your flat out wrong here. If you wish I can provide BCV, but will only do so if you can provide a grounded fact based counter arguement. (no more empty claims, if I am to look stuff up so to will you.)

Quote:No one "worshiped Hebrews", you fucking idiot. There are no "forms of worship" addressed in the letters. Even the "content" of what was worshiped was generally consistent, (although there was development .. as any real scholar knows .. which clearly you have not the slightest clue about. There were many factions (which amounted to sects) of Jews. More proof you have not the slight clue what crap you spout. But do please continue. Fools like you do more damage to your own cause than any atheist ever could. You are hilarious.
Oh? what this: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...rsion=NKJV

It appears to be a link to a letter written to the worshipers who were Hebrew; Or rather HEBREW WORSHIPERS!

You know buckster when you go into these big long hate rants and I provide you with Evidence to counter your rants, it make you look stupid. If you don't want to be made to look stupid you could just ask a follow up, and I promise to answer your question without the added flare I am currently using that makes you look stupid.

Quote:"He would have given to us is not a sentence in the English language, idiot.
It's not about "forms". You are SO FUCKING ignorant that you actually think sectarian differences are actually about worship "forms", and not belief content. Are you mentally challenged ? (That's a big word for retarded.)
You've got a couple of different things going on here in this rant. There seems to be at least 3 points your trying to make, none of which you seem to be doing very well.
Do you want to maybe try again?

Quote:No he doesn't.
Ya huh he does.

Quote: He says (when it's convenient) they are freed from the OLD law ... THE SAME FUCKING OLD LAW YOU just got done saying was ONE "form", you idiot. You just contradicted YOURSELF.
Where did i say this?

Quote:He also says (as when speaking about women) they MUST continue to keep it, (such as women shutting up in church).
I said 'most of the time' didn't I? Most means not all. Tongue

Quote:Someone like you should never use the words "academic ability".
First you obviously possess none, and don't even know what those words mean, and secondly, taking ancient language literally proves you know nothing about the Bible. Just more pious bullshit, from Drich. He's all about pious tripe.
You know.. trivializing the indivisual may work in the intelectually dishonest circles you normally play in, but here i will call your bluff, and force you to answer yo a high standard. If we look at your paragraph we can classify your work into only two different catagories. One: personal insult:

Quote:Someone like you should never use the words "academic ability".
First you obviously possess none, and don't even know what those words mean, and secondly,
-and then we have:
Quote:Just more pious bullshit, from Drich. He's all about pious tripe.
(which is ironic because this describes the body of your work here so far.. minus the piety)
Which only leaves an unsubstantiated claim:
secondly, taking ancient language literally proves you know nothing about the Bible.

Without something to support this statement with, your whole paragraph can be dismissed as personal feeling or even a dishonest attempt to undermind my work. So buck, the balls back in your court. Can you provide any proof to your claim that I am taking everything literally?

Quote:Bull Fucking Shit.
The sects of Christianity are not about "forms", they are about belief content, and NO other Christian, much less scholars, would agree with your crap. You are so uneducated you have NO CLUE how and why the sects arose, and what the sects believe, and how they are different. It's NOT about the "forms" of worship. It's about belief content.
ah, your trying to spit hairs to dismiss what I said. Easily remedied with some help from Merrium webster.

"Forms" in this context mean: : a type or kind of something

Sects:: a religious group that is a smaller part of a larger group and whose members all share similar beliefs

: a religious or political group that is connected to a larger group but that has beliefs that differ greatly from those of the main group

So the question becomes is a sect a form of worship?Consider Hmm. according to your statement, no... But according to the proper usage of those terms.. Yes, Yes a Sect can be considered as a form of worship.

Quote:Nice try. It's "strengths", and the various sects are NOT about forms of worship, but content. the SAME sects CHANGE their worship forms all the time, yet REMAIN the same sect, you fucking idiot. Your "strength" apparently lies not between your ears.
You seem to be doing yourself more harm than good with your use of the term "form of worship.' perhaps you should attempt to define it so I can help you understand it more clearly, so you do not keep making these embarassing mistakes over and over and over again.

Quote:More crap from someone who has not a clue about the history of his own cult, and why sects developed.
Then how embarassing for you to be shown up by someone like me.. You understand this concept right? If I'm dumb, and i can take apart your arguements and show that they have no merrit, that means your dumber than I am... If I were in your shoes I would be going the oppsite way.. I would be saying oh, that buckster really knows what he is talking about. He must be some sort of genuis. No wonder I can't get a point across him without him shooting it down..

again, If I Were in your shoesSmile

Quote:No they didn't. They asked which set of BELIEFS was the correct one.
Actually many have asked me which beliefs is the correct one. The OP is just a off the shelf thread starter i created and use. (Because so many of you ask this very question or make arguements sighting the different forms of Christianity.)

Quote:You are not. You represent your own ignorant bullshit, which no scholar on Earth agrees with. No one has "created loop holes" you retard.
what do you think a death bed confession is?

Quote:Prove anything you say is true. You asserting shit does not make it true.
You can't even prove that Jebus existed.
Jesus is the most documented person of that time period. If you refuse to acknoweledge Him then every other 'known fact' of that period is now also up for debate.

Quote:But, by all means please continue. Your are THE MOST idiotic believer EVER to show up here, and do a great job of making you cult look bad. No atheist could do a better job in making you people look like fools.
If this is true then why are your efforts directed in the way of personal attacks. i can see a desperate attempt to refute content with fact based counterpoint, but most of your work falls flat on it's face when checked against any sort of reference material eg. the dictionary for instance.

The vast majority of your work centers on personal attack and unfounded accusation. take some of your own advise and back up what you assert you toothless hypocrite. you are all bark and no bite. If I were as you say, one would think someone who is as smart as you pretend to be, should be able to easily take down what I have said line by line with a fact based assualt. But what do you do? you call me names like a common school bully who is not smart enough to play with the smart kids.

So, sorry buckster your going to have to try a little harder than what you have so far if you want to have a real discussion.

I have spent the last 15/20 years studying this stuff with some pretty smart guys. If you want to have a serious go then show me your worth the effort. Put in your due dillegence and make a case with substance and I will counter it. other wise know I will dismiss you as a pretender/clown like mocking bird is... just a hate filled biggot with no provaunaunce behind what he alledges. your the atheist version of the westburrow baptist (the god hates fags people.)

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
[+] 1 user Likes Drich's post
24-02-2014, 09:38 AM
(24-02-2014 07:04 AM)Drich Wrote:  incorrect. Few will argue that durning the dark ages 'control' of the world was obtained by suppressing knowledge of the bible. It was translated into a dead language and kept there for well over a 1000 years. It wasn't till the bible was translated and printed in mass did we finally free ourselves from the very control you think the bible brings.

The Vulgate was written in the 4th century, at a time when Latin was in wide spread use. There is no sense in which it was translated into a dead language. It most certainly is propaganda used for control. But just as today, when most Christians, yourself included, have never even actually read it, its power lies in the authority people give it, and less so in the actual words. Much of it is mind numbingly boring and filled with abject nonsense you never here on the mornings of Sun worship.

The priest class has always maintained its control simply by waving the book around, and telling people what it says - knowing that the masses are too dull to challenge them ....the exact same thing that still happens today. Then they tell people like you what to go read, and you dutifully obey, reading just the snippets you've been directed to read, completely ignorant of the history of Judaism or even of your own religion, and why the Bible contains what it contains.

A good portion of those who really sit down and just read it, lose faith. Why do you think we've been encouraging you to do that?

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
24-02-2014, 09:45 AM
(24-02-2014 09:36 AM)Drich Wrote:  Proof?
or am I just to take your word?

Says the lying snake oil salesman who spouts all sorts of bullshit about his fairy tale monster that he has failed to demonstrate actually exists.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post