Which version of Christianity is the right one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: Which version of Christianity is the right one?
I'm tired and don't want to fish his posts, why does he believe whatever it is he does?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 12:11 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Because it gives him something to indulge in his attention-seeking need to troll outrageous bullshit all over the internet so he doesn't have to face what a moron and a loser in life he is.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-02-2014, 12:09 PM
(24-02-2014 10:13 AM)Drich Wrote:  I've been reading and studying this book for a very long time. What makes you think i haven't read it? Why do you think i can use it to break your arguements based on it's precepts?

By your own previous admission, you have only ever read pieces of it at a time. Are you saying you've kept track of all those pieces, to ensure that you've read every word?

As for breaking my arguments, I've never engaged you in an argument about what the Bible says. I've only engaged you on points of philosophy and history, and to ridicule, of course.

Quote:seriously. I know you guys write/say I don't know what I am talking about, but don't tell me you seriously believe it..Laugh out load what did you think I just get lucky each and everytime?

You don't know what you're talking about. You just finished posting that the Bible was translated into a dead language. No it wasn't. Latin was a common tongue when the Vulgate was written.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
24-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Interesting fact! The vulgate is not a direct translation but is put into a "common tongue." The language in it is not the high language of Cicero or sallust (god I hate sallust) but is the language of the common man. Thus it is called vulgate because it was in the common "vulgar" tongue.
24-02-2014, 12:14 PM
(24-02-2014 11:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  I'm tired and don't want to fish his posts, why does he believe whatever it is he does?

...he's been brainwashed. But since he has somewhat bought into the idea of reason, he's trying to square that with a 2000 year old Jewish zombie, and virgin birth, and all that other ridiculous nonsense. He thinks he's figured out how to do that through "proper interpretation" of the Bible and a mountain of apologetic claptrap. Post after post, it's the same crap over and over.

He's also intellectually dishonest, to us and also to himself, so it makes his task a bit easier.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post
24-02-2014, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 12:20 PM by cjlr.)
(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then it should be easy for you to show me a an instance where logic and reason was employed but completely ignored.

Done.

Which is notwithstanding the part where you don't understand what a True Scotsman fallacy is, nor what 'burden of proof' means.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:Huh. You know, one might be inclined to say exactly the same thing to you, with regards to, say, oh, literally anything to do with any sort of science whatsoever.

So there's that.
Then challenge to site reference material as I have done you, then lets see what happens.

Certainly this demonstrates profound ignorance.

I particularly loved the part where you seemed to think that hundreds of thousands of people camping in a desert for years on end would somehow magically leave no material evidence whatsoever. That was pretty special. I congratulate you on reaching the pinnacled heights (or should that be depths?) of PleaseJesus and excubitor.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:Why is that self-satisfied idiots seem to really love quoting definitions as though that were in any way meaningful?
omg Laugh out load Too funny.
If you seriously do not know; It is to break the fallacy of Equivocation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation

I think you'll find we're all too familiar with equivocation.

Part of a discussion is establishing terminology. "LOL DICTIONARY" is neither a sophisticated nor sufficient way of doing so - but it is a recourse beloved by idiots.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  The too funny part is your expressed desire to remain in a perpetual state of ignorance so you do not have to 'think' for yourself.

Are you referring to me specifically? If so, I dispute the ludicrous accusation and challenge you to demonstrate any such thing.

Are you referring to those here in general? If so, I dispute the ludicrous accusation, and challenge you to demonstrate any such thing.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  Most document does not mean who has the bigger wiki page so, uh.. Yeah!

Since I never in any way made any such claim (to wit - "more documented means a longer Wikipedia page") this appears to be a pathetic shambling straw man.

I merely linked to the Wikipedia page out of convenience, since if one takes your statement at face value it necessarily follows that you were somehow unaware of the existence of Augustus Caeasar. So I decided to point you in a direction which might cure your benighted ignorance.

It also inclines me to believe that since you can't dispute that historical documentation regarding the life and deeds of Augustus Caesar is far and away more voluminous and reliable, you instead chose to pretend to counter an idiotic statement which nobody ever made. Stay classy!

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  I was refering to primary source material not the terschiary commentary found on wiki.. You know ORGINAL MANUSCRIPTS!

Funny. Which of them are there actual contemporary depictions of, again?

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  http://carm.org/manuscript-evidence.. I cant seem to find anything written on your boy Augustus.

Then you are profoundly and obstinately ignorant. Is it genuine? Are you really so far up your own asshole? Or is it merely acted out, because you desire to be so far up your own asshole?

The dilemma of the troll: idiot, or disingenuous?

But for future reference: Cicero? Livy? Maecenas? Suetonius? Tacitus? Pliny? All far less contradictory sources than the gospels, as it happens. Or perhaps we might consider the still-extant statues and coins bearing his likeness and dating from his own lifetime? The still-extant monuments and temples and inscriptions?

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  without it your trying to compare apples to used apple flavored chewing gum. let me know when you get some real apples.

You said, literally:
(24-02-2014 09:36 AM)Drich Wrote:  Jesus is the most documented person of that time period.

And since this is what sane and self-aware people might call not true, I pointed out as much to you.

Since this is in fact such a strikingly obvious untruth that I am highly skeptical that anyone with any historical awareness whatsoever could even begin to make such a statement, I can only conclude that you don't care when you're spouting shit, up to and including things you know aren't so, so long as it agrees with your woefully underconsidered worldview.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
24-02-2014, 12:15 PM
(24-02-2014 11:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Simple...

Question: "Which version of Christianity is the right one?"

Answer: None of them!

(24-02-2014 12:14 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 11:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  I'm tired and don't want to fish his posts, why does he believe whatever it is he does?

...he's been brainwashed. But since he has somewhat bought into the idea of reason, he's trying to square that with a 2000 year old Jewish zombie, and virgin birth, and all that other ridiculous nonsense. He thinks he's figured out how to do that through "proper interpretation" of the Bible and a mountain of apologetic claptrap. Post after post, it's the same crap over and over.

He's also intellectually dishonest, to us and also to himself, so it makes his task a bit easier.

Accurate
QFT!
Nicely done

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
24-02-2014, 12:17 PM
(24-02-2014 12:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then it should be easy for you to show me a an instance where logic and reason was employed but completely ignored.

Done.

Which is notwithstanding the part where you don't understand what a True Scotsman fallacy is, nor what 'burden of proof' means.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then challenge to site reference material as I have done you, then lets see what happens.

Certainly this demonstrates profound ignorance.

I particularly loved the part where you seemed to think that hundreds of thousands of people camping in a desert for years on end would somehow magically leave no material evidence whatsoever. That was pretty special. I congratulate on reaching the pinnacled heights of PleaseJesus and excubitor.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  omg Laugh out load Too funny.
If you seriously do not know; It is to break the fallacy of Equivocation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation

I think you'll find we're all too familiar with equivocation.

Part of a discussion is establishing terminology. "LOL DICTIONARY" is neither a sophisticated nor sufficient way of doing so - but it is a recourse beloved by idiots.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  The too funny part is your expressed desire to remain in a perpetual state of ignorance so you do not have to 'think' for yourself.

Are you referring to me specifically? If so, I dispute the ludicrous accusation and challenge you to demonstrate any such thing.

Are you referring to those here in general? If so, I dispute the ludicrous accusation, and challenge you to demonstrate any such thing.

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  Most document does not mean who has the bigger wiki page so, uh.. Yeah!

Since I never in any way made any such claim (to wit - "more documented means a longer Wikipedia page") this appears to be a pathetic shambling straw man.

I merely linked to the Wikipedia page out of convenience, since if one takes your statement at face value it necessarily follows that you were somehow unaware of the existence of Augustus Caeasar. So I decided to point you in a direction which might cure your benighted ignorance.

It also inclines me to believe that since you can't dispute that historical documentation regarding the life and deeds of Augustus Caesar is far and away more voluminous and reliable, you instead chose to pretend to counter an idiotic statement which nobody ever made. Stay classy!

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  I was refering to primary source material not the terschiary commentary found on wiki.. You know ORGINAL MANUSCRIPTS!

Funny. Which of them are there actual contemporary depictions of, again?

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  http://carm.org/manuscript-evidence.. I cant seem to find anything written on your boy Augustus.

Then you are profoundly and obstinately ignorant. Is it genuine? Are you really so far up your own asshole? Or is it merely acted out, because you desire to be so far up your own asshole?

The dilemma of the troll: idiot, or disingenuous?

But for future reference: Cicero? Livy? Maecenas? Suetonius? Tacitus? Pliny? All far less contradictory sources than the gospels, as it happens. Or perhaps we might consider the still-extant statues and coins bearing his likeness and dating from his own lifetime? The still-extant monuments and temples and inscriptions?

(24-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  without it your trying to compare apples to used apple flavored chewing gum. let me know when you get some real apples.

You said, literally:
(24-02-2014 09:36 AM)Drich Wrote:  Jesus is the most documented person of that time period.

And since this is what sane and self-aware people might call not true, I pointed out as much to you.

Since this is in fact such a strikingly obvious untruth that I am highly skeptical that anyone with any historical awareness whatsoever could even begin to make such a statement, I can only conclude that you don't care when you're spouting shit, up to and including things you know aren't so, so long as it agrees with your woefully underconsidered worldview.

[Image: clapping.gif]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
24-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Not to mention, he started off with his 'conversion' story. He had a dream where God let him sample hell and woke up asphyxiating. However, he refuses to acknowledge that this qualifies as anecdotal evidence because he's squared it with some vague Bible passage ... But doesn't understand that it's STILL anecdotal!

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
24-02-2014, 12:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

The lying liar links to some batshit xtard apologetics DISinformation site! Laughat

Hard to find ANYTHING with your head up your ass!

[Image: headupass.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop