Which would scare a Christian worse - Atheist or Satanist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: Which would scare a Christian worse - Atheist or Satanist?
To a catholic, definitely the satanist is worse. Satan directly opposes god and is evil.

Atheists are just lost sheep.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Why would a Christian be scared of either isn't Jeesus meant to be more powerful or is that too rational an argument.

I mean if both Jeesus and Satan were on trading cards wouldn't Jeesus have more points in every category.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge can be given, Understanding must be earned
[+] 1 user Likes Andrew_Njonjo's post
07-12-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm going to side with "It depends on the person."

When I was deeply in thrall of the church... well, nobody talked about atheists. I can't remember a single mention of atheism. I suppose it would be like talking about the worship of interior latex paint as a religion - nobody would believe something *that* ridiculous! Had I thought about it at all at the time, it would probably have been "Oh, that poor misguided person, they need to know the Truth and Be Saved!"

Satan and satanists? They were (from my POV then) willingly working to undermine the Ultimate Lawful Authority, eat babies, etc. and were probably communist, to boot. (Hey, the cold war was still on.) They were the frightening ones - not least because I could kind of visualize them (and they occasionally showed up as witches on TV around halloween.)

... actually, I have to revise the "never heard of atheists," as it was entwined with the Soviet Union - the evil communist non believing state that was condeming all its people to hell by denying access to religion. But that was more an "evil Russia" thing (yes, I was a big fan of Reagan...) than an Atheist thing.
07-12-2012, 07:33 AM
A theist with knowledge about atheism and satanism would be wise to distrust the satanist and trust the atheist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
(06-12-2012 08:52 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  My guess is that the Atheist is scarier than a Theistic Satanist.

The reason is is that at least the Satanist is still willing to play the game, albeit they are batting for the other team.
I don't think you have studied well what makes a Satanist and what makes an Atheist. Atheists are not feared, we're hated, Satanism, one involving the consequence of voodoo dolls, The Order of Nine Angles, female subjectivity, witchcraft, inverted crosses, symbolical sacrifice...you know everything Christianity does, put in a mirror is like in "The Shining" when Jack is making out with young naked broad and looks in the mirror and sees her evolve into an old deformed character and freaks out.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Well since (Laveyan) Satanists are atheists, and since atheists are all devil-worshipers anyway, what's the difference?

(Warning. Above post may contain trace elements of sarcasm. And then a big bucketful beyond that.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Satan, as conceived by Christianity, is the arch enemy who opposes both God and the religious people who worship God. Atheists only oppose the religious people who worship God if they directly oppose anyone at all; and most don't. Satan is completely evil and would resort to anything to accomplish his goals of luring people away from God. Some atheists might get rude at times, but that's about it.

Given the above, since most Christians probably view Satanists as worshiping Satan and doing Satan's bidding, I would say Christians would probably fear Satanists more than atheists.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
(07-12-2012 07:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  A theist with knowledge about atheism and satanism would be wise to distrust the satanist and trust the atheist.

Satanists are atheists and the majority of Satanists are trustworthy individuals who do not go out of their way to harm others, in fact, I dont know of any Satanist who would look for people to harm or would cause harm to people willy nilly. In most cases, it does not benefit us to lie to people but it does certainly depend on the Satanist.
07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
(07-12-2012 12:19 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 07:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  A theist with knowledge about atheism and satanism would be wise to distrust the satanist and trust the atheist.

Satanists are atheists and the majority of Satanists are trustworthy individuals who do not go out of their way to harm others, in fact, I dont know of any Satanist who would look for people to harm or would cause harm to people willy nilly. In most cases, it does not benefit us to lie to people but it does certainly depend on the Satanist.

You are so full of self-delusional bullshit.

You said you would steal from someone when a guest in their home (the candlestick example).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I guess it would have to be a Theistic Satanist. Many Christians believe they are evil incarnate and are blessed with evil powers from Satan... and that they sacrifice and murder people.

Atheists are just seen as normal people without God.

[Image: vjp09.gif]