While I was on my way to the Philosophy forum.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: While I was on my way to the Philosophy forum.....
(21-05-2013 12:22 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 11:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Do you know what it means to have a PhD in science?

Do you know what it means to know the price of tea in China while reading the op of this thread?

What a surprise, no answer.

PhD literally means Doctor of Philosophy. So, if one can study and attain a PhD in science, they are a philosopher of science. Philosophy and science are not mutually exclusive. Science incorporates philosophy into it.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-05-2013, 12:37 PM
(21-05-2013 12:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:22 PM)I and I Wrote:  Do you know what it means to know the price of tea in China while reading the op of this thread?

What a surprise, no answer.

PhD literally means Doctor of Philosophy. So, if one can study and attain a PhD in science, they are a philosopher of science. Philosophy and science are not mutually exclusive. Science incorporates philosophy into it.

Exactly:
What in the mother fuck did that question or answer have to do with anything in this thread?

Are you claiming the author and scientist I mentioned that authored that book doesn't have a PhD? I saw that question as a long space ship ride to the derailment universe.
21-05-2013, 12:38 PM
(21-05-2013 12:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What a surprise, no answer.

Exactly:
What in the mother fuck did that question or answer have to do with anything in this thread?

Are you claiming the author and scientist I mentioned that authored that book doesn't have a PhD? I saw that question as a long space ship ride to the derailment universe.

You are a moron aren't you? Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-05-2013, 12:46 PM
(21-05-2013 12:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  Exactly:

You are a moron aren't you? Drinking Beverage

Oh wait, if I respond with another insult, my response is bad and I am being a bad person. Rolleyes go fuck yourself you stupid fuck. I posted a scientists book about the limits of science and apparently your mind couldn't grasp that???
21-05-2013, 12:48 PM
(21-05-2013 12:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 12:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You are a moron aren't you? Drinking Beverage

Oh wait, if I respond with another insult, my response is bad and I am being a bad person. Rolleyes go fuck yourself you stupid fuck. I posted a scientists book about the limits of science and apparently your mind couldn't grasp that???

You literally are too stupid to talk to.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-05-2013, 05:14 PM
This is like a reverse King Midas: everything IandI touches turns to shit. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 8 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
21-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Don't feel bad, he dodged all my questions as well. I can see why this nutjob is so popular around here.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
21-05-2013, 11:05 PM
(21-05-2013 10:43 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  

Don't feel bad, he dodged all my questions as well. I can see why this nutjob is so popular around here.

Weren't you the one that for some reason thought I was against science even though I posted about a scientist that wrote a science book? Do you read?
21-05-2013, 11:40 PM
(21-05-2013 11:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 10:43 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Don't feel bad, he dodged all my questions as well. I can see why this nutjob is so popular around here.

Weren't you the one that for some reason thought I was against science even though I posted about a scientist that wrote a science book? Do you read?

Yes I said you appear to be against modern science because your interpretation of it is an orgy of mathematics. So perhaps not science in general but modern physics is your problem. When an atheist compares something to religion I take it they aren't awfully fond of it.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
22-05-2013, 12:23 AM
While I was on my way to the Philosophy forum.....
(21-05-2013 11:40 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 11:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  Weren't you the one that for some reason thought I was against science even though I posted about a scientist that wrote a science book? Do you read?

Yes I said you appear to be against modern science because your interpretation of it is an orgy of mathematics. So perhaps not science in general but modern physics is your problem. When an atheist compares something to religion I take it they aren't awfully fond of it.

Religion and science share a major component. One believes that All things are knowable and we can know them now if we trust god, and one believes that all things will eventually be and can be knowable. Both are different but share the completely ludicrous idea that it is possible to know all things. Philosophy would ask obvious questions like: how can one ever test to see if they know more than previous people's? How can one determine if knowledge is on any kind of historical trajectory at all?