04-01-2012, 09:16 AM
While the US is fighting over the debt, China is planning to go to the moon
http://ideas.time.com/2012/01/04/chinas-...-everyone/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes zaybu's post
04-01-2012, 09:27 AM
RE: While the US is fighting over the debt, China is planning to go to the moon
Been there, done that. We can do far more with rovers than they will actually landing on the moon. Besides, there is nothing to gain from physically landing on the moon until we are ready to build something there.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:27 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
Manned space missions are a massive waste of money. They simply aren't economical, and waste scientific funds that can be better used elsewhere.

That said, it is clearly just a PR stunt for the people in China and I question how effective it really is. My calculator is far more powerful than the computers used on the apollo missions, there are private corporations launching satellites and planning consumer space flight. So when I read this I just have to ask myself is landing on the moon nearly a half century after it was done really brag worthy?
04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
(04-01-2012 09:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Been there, done that. We can do far more with rovers than they will actually landing on the moon. Besides, there is nothing to gain from physically landing on the moon until we are ready to build something there.

Idiot! Of course there is a reason to land on the moon. We only don't because our government has been told not to. You doubt me?
What about the moon base that has already been there for hundreds of millions of years as our overlords watch over us?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
If this hints to the US being in debt to China , that doesn;t make sense. China can't leverage the US , if they stop exporting their own population is too poor to afford the very goods they manufacture. And since the US has the military strength of China and Russia combined it can't use military for leverage.

As for going to the moon , let'em go , what can they do ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
(04-01-2012 06:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 09:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Been there, done that. We can do far more with rovers than they will actually landing on the moon. Besides, there is nothing to gain from physically landing on the moon until we are ready to build something there.

Idiot! Of course there is a reason to land on the moon. We only don't because our government has been told not to. You doubt me?
What about the moon base that has already been there for hundreds of millions of years as our overlords watch over us?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
(04-01-2012 06:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

[Image: 1225906043098.jpg?1244313122]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
09-01-2012, 10:30 AM
i agree, unless their planning to do something new like building a facility or a moon base (dr evil style)
then its an excersize in futility

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
09-01-2012, 10:36 AM
(09-01-2012 10:30 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  i agree, unless their planning to do something new like building a facility or a moon base (dr evil style)
then its an excersize in futility

Better watch your back now that you've figured out their secret plan.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Its all about perception to the world that China is truly a superpower.