Whip up a meal - adventurous cooking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Whip up a meal - adventurous cooking
Ok, I have been coming across some cooking shows on TV.

I am not much of a fan of the format, but the premise is that you have a number of random items to cook with. Depending on the show, you may or may not supplement this with a limited amount/cost/whatever of items from a pantry or supermarket.

I thought it may be neat if we could have a thread where you can post items you have at home. We all could come up with suggestions as to how to use them to make one complete meal, just by themselves or by spending whatever money you want to spend to round it out. Your choice.

Some of the weirdest combinations can sometimes make gourmet dishes. You'll never know until you try. So include a pretty complete list of items, even if you don't think they will work. Anything you can eat or drink goes in the list.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Whip up a meal - adventurous cooking
We have a similar show with that type of format here called 'Ready, Steady, Cook'.
The show itself is a bit ratty but some of the dish ideas they come up with are pretty good.
Sorry, no list of ingredients as yet as I'm at work but I may play later Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply