Whisky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Whisky
Inspired by the Alcohol thread, this is the whiskey thread.

If there are more people like me in here that enjoy the "water of life", this is where you can share your recommendations or your disparagements.

You can also share the stories of how you first discovered whiskey. I'm sure there are some interesting stories to be heard. Smile

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2010, 08:01 AM
RE: Whisky
Well, I drank my Glenfiddich last night and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be a whiskey person any time soon. I had it on the rocks, and it was good but I did not love it. I could probably acquire a taste for it if I really wanted but I drink just enough that I see no upside in adding more alcohol to my repertoire.

Looks like I'll be sticking with beer, vodka and the occasional gin. More whiskey for you, though!

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-12-2010, 10:07 AM
oh, if only I could have it all to myself.. what a wonderful thought. Heart

If you change your mind and do decide to acquire a taste for it I recommend trying a blend the next time. They are usually a bit softer around the edges, if you know what i mean. The same could be said for Irish whiskeys.

18-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Bourbon man here. Can't stand scotch, and while Irish whiskeys are good, nothing is quite so versatile as corn.
18-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Got wasted on JD once - worst hangover ever.My head felt like exploding.
I find vodka and tequila more clean.
Careful that there are many fake things out there.
A lot of whiskeys are sent to Romania to be aged 3 years in a day ... so you can guess the overall quality.
18-12-2010, 02:43 PM
(18-12-2010 11:05 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Got wasted on JD once - worst hangover ever.My head felt like exploding.
I find vodka and tequila more clean.
Careful that there are many fake things out there.
A lot of whiskeys are sent to Romania to be aged 3 years in a day ... so you can guess the overall quality.

Do you know the name of whiskey that is made in this way? It would probably be a horrible experience, but I'd really like to see what kind of a taste this would result in. I have never even heard of this before. As for JD i don't see why they bother advertising it as a whiskey. As long as it's made from corn they should call it bourbon, because it tastes nothing like whiskey.

18-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Jack Daniel's is a waste of good water... That is all O-O

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Jack Daniels is a whiskey because bourbon is whiskey. Who dares say different?
19-12-2010, 12:09 AM
I do! I know that you can technically call it whiskey, but bourbon whiskey tastes so fundamentally different from other whiskeys that I don't see the point.

19-12-2010, 08:35 AM
(18-12-2010 02:43 PM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  Do you know the name of whiskey that is made in this way? It would probably be a horrible experience, but I'd really like to see what kind of a taste this would result in.

I'll have to dig through news archives but today I think any taste or flavor can be simulated chemically , and it's cheaper than the real thing.Probably Connoisseurs can tell the difference easily but for us regular people it's not that easy.