White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.
(24-05-2014 01:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 03:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  This is why I might occasionally answer. Also I don't like this business of 'don't answer, starve the troll of attention' anyway. If I wanna answer that's my business.
Yeah, but what people tend to forget is that you automatically forfeit any right to complain about trolls when you respond to them because it makes you part of the problem. Dodgy

Hey check this out: Dodgy

Tongue

Ya know, complaining about people who talk to trolls rather than complaining about actual trolls is so meta. I think I'll get me a pair of shades Cool

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Again, perhaps in a less verbose and bombastic style, I find myself agreeing with Taq, in the regard that both LWM and Jeremy DON'T participate in any conversation. Their posts are clearly designed to antagonise and nothing more.

I disagree that responding to a troll makes your point of view invalid. I accept that trolling trolls is pointless and then there's the whole 'nuh-uh, he started it!' but the fact that those of us who do it are active members of the community and post normally everywhere else totally invalidates the 'you're as bad as them' argument because we aren't quite frankly.

Someone who is JUST a troll and is here ONLY to troll should get a much shorter rope than a civil community member.

Also, due to the rules of the forum, which I agree with, letting anyone speak is great. I'm not down with silencing disagreement, but because of the setup, the mods do nothing in most cases regarding uber trolls, so it gets left to us ... and besides, it's funny. Smile

I don't think banning them is the way to go but mods could guide them a bit.

I have been reluctant to start new threads over the last few weeks because Jeremy will shit all over it with his bullshit apologetics, even though it would be completely irrelevant to the subject and we have also had TrainWreck turn every thread he has commented in, into a duplicate discussion about the definition of atheism.

Maybe moving/deleting their posts with a quick PM redirecting them to the topic. If that doesn't work, then ban them.

There has to be rules to stop people spraying the walls with shit cannons! Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
24-05-2014, 02:32 AM
(24-05-2014 02:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That does nothing to address the idiocy of your bullshit assertion:

"Yeah, but what people tend to forget is that you automatically forfeit any right to complain about trolls when you respond to them because it makes you part of the problem."
How am I to defend myself when you have yet to present an argument to support the notion that my statement is "bullshit"? Consider

Where is it written that by addressing a troll I become part of the problem old bean? And by what process does it then follow that I forfeit the right to complain? You're bein' a bit daft here IMO... mind you, I remember full well how fuckin' horrible it was being a mod myself so ja... no worries. But regardless of if I have a right to or not, I surely am gonna bitch and complain if I take a notion to do the same Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2014, 02:33 AM
(24-05-2014 02:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 01:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, but what people tend to forget is that you automatically forfeit any right to complain about trolls when you respond to them because it makes you part of the problem. Dodgy

Hey check this out: Dodgy

Tongue

Ya know, complaining about people who talk to trolls rather than complaining about actual trolls is so meta. I think I'll get me a pair of shades Cool
It's not quite as meta as complaining about people who complain about people who talk to trolls, though. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
24-05-2014, 02:37 AM
(24-05-2014 02:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That does nothing to address the idiocy of your bullshit assertion:

"Yeah, but what people tend to forget is that you automatically forfeit any right to complain about trolls when you respond to them because it makes you part of the problem."
How am I to defend myself when you have yet to present an argument to support the notion that my statement is "bullshit"? Consider

I don't have to present a fucking argument. I am simply calling bullshit. Your assertion is entirely unsupported. The fucking Emperor has no fucking Clothes. Who the fuck do you think you are to claim by fiat -- as if it were some Law of the Fucking Universe -- that "you forfeit any right to complain about trolls when you respond to them". You defend yourself by apologizing for getting caught with that sorry fallacious piece of shit hanging out of your mouth.

I am Disappoint, Vosur. I really had thought better of you. For the most part....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-05-2014, 02:39 AM
(24-05-2014 02:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How am I to defend myself when you have yet to present an argument to support the notion that my statement is "bullshit"? Consider

Where is it written that by addressing a troll I become part of the problem old bean? And by what process does it then follow that I forfeit the right to complain? You're bein' a bit daft here IMO... mind you, I remember full well how fuckin' horrible it was being a mod myself so ja... no worries. But regardless of if I have a right to or not, I surely am gonna bitch and complain if I take a notion to do the same Big Grin

What MD said.

You CAN'T be that fucking stupid, Vosur. Really.

24-05-2014, 02:40 AM
(24-05-2014 02:29 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I have been reluctant to start new threads over the last few weeks because Jeremy will shit all over it with his bullshit apologetics, even though it would be completely irrelevant to the subject and we have also had TrainWreck turn every thread he has commented in, into a duplicate discussion about the definition of atheism.

Maybe moving/deleting their posts with a quick PM redirecting them to the topic. If that doesn't work, then ban them.

A good technique for trolls that continually hijack threads and turn it into their favourite discussion is to give them a single thread. So for Trainwreck this would be a thread about definitions. Maybe for JEW it would be a thread about the Kalam Cosmological argument or whatever bland statements he makes. You can give them more than one thread if they have more than one favourite subject they use to derail other threads.

That way when they start to derail someone else's thread any mod can just split off their posts and the replies and move them to the bin their special thread. There have been one or two threads here that I have been interested in which have been seriously derailed by these two.

The trolls want the forum as their own personal soap box and this technique limits them to a special area. (Emphasis on special).

Otherwise what happens is that potential new atheists come to the forum and see a lot of 'debate' throughout the forum using erudite philosophical words and concepts and makes it look like there is a real doubt when there isn't. It's just derailment and obfuscation.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
24-05-2014, 02:40 AM
White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.
(24-05-2014 02:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey check this out: Dodgy

Tongue

It's not quite as meta as complaining about people who complain about people who talk to trolls, though. Big Grin

[Image: 5yvu3uha.jpg]

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
24-05-2014, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 03:00 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(24-05-2014 02:40 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:29 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I have been reluctant to start new threads over the last few weeks because Jeremy will shit all over it with his bullshit apologetics, even though it would be completely irrelevant to the subject and we have also had TrainWreck turn every thread he has commented in, into a duplicate discussion about the definition of atheism.

A good technique for trolls that continually hijack threads and turn it into their favourite discussion is to give them a single thread. So for Trainwreck this would be a thread about definitions. Maybe for JEW it would be a thread about the Kalam Cosmological argument or whatever bland statements he makes. You can give them more than one thread if they have more than one favourite subject they use to derail other threads.

That way when they start to derail someone else's thread any mod can just split off their posts and the replies and move them to the bin their special thread. There have been one or two threads here that I have been interested in which have been seriously derailed by these two.

The trolls want the forum as their own personal soap box and this technique limits them to a special area. (Emphasis on special).

Otherwise what happens is that potential new atheists come to the forum and see a lot of 'debate' throughout the forum using erudite philosophical words and concepts and makes it look like there is a real doubt when there isn't. It's just derailment and obfuscation.

Are you suggesting, for example: with JermyWanker's new and desperate tactic of throwing out multiple gang-bang threads that he thinks will further his evangelistic agenda, that his offending posts, threads, and attempts to derail would be funneled by the mods into -- and thus confined to -- a single thread, 'in his honour'? -- because I can see that, if no one will grow a spine and throw his sorry ass out of here -- Um, I mean, if the staff is finding itself at a loss for an amicable solution. Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-05-2014, 03:13 AM
(24-05-2014 02:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey check this out: Dodgy

Tongue

Vampires, pretending to be humans, pretending to be vampires. How avant-garde.

[Image: interview3.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post