White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 08:21 AM
RE: White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.
(24-05-2014 08:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This topic is beating a dead horse...and beating it...and beating it to the point where it's nearly trolling.

[Image: 88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-05-2014, 09:23 AM
(24-05-2014 08:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  D. Shoot him.

Laugh out load

(24-05-2014 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  How often do you think trolls would come here if they got quickly banned?

And what is the difference between freezing them out and banning them?
I don't think there is much of a difference between the two because ether option results in no more (or at least far fewer) trolls.

The difference is that freezing them out doesn't work. Has not worked on one single troll. Banning actually does work, for a given definition of "work".

The only thing that attempted freeze outs achieve is a bunch of people gettin' all peeved over stupid shit like one person actually replying to a troll, rather than the root of the problem, which is the troll...

Again, I'm not advocating banning trolls. What I am doing is stating my dislike of this ridiculous idea being touted, that freeze-outs are a great solution that will get rid of trolls, and that therefore I or anyone else who occasionally lose our rag and let the troll have it with both barrels are doing the forum a disservice.

Next asshole who tells me not to talk to trolls can ride a cactus Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2014, 09:32 AM
(24-05-2014 09:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  Next asshole who tells me not to talk to trolls can ride a cactus Drinking Beverage

And here in America we have just the cactus for the job...

[Image: saguaro19053.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 09:55 AM by Vosur.)
(24-05-2014 09:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  The difference is that freezing them out doesn't work. Has not worked on one single troll.
How would you know? In the two years I've been on this forum, the community as a whole has never attempted to do it. Not even once.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-05-2014, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 10:05 AM by kim.)
I think it's ok for trolls to be here... in fact ... I think we need them to be here.

This community is a good place to learn to speak with and discern a variety of people, one may rarely encounter in the outside world. It's good to have a safe environment to encounter some of the more ... damaged kinds of people. Having all kinds of people here, helps the community and every individual, evolve a sense of behavior - both individually and within a community. Some people might need to learn to stand up for themselves while others might need to learn to be compassionate in the face of a view they might resent or even find repugnant.

As for the trolls... it is possible some might come here to present their views to find out why people react to them the way they do. Maybe they really don't see that their views have been developed from a fear and an insecurity that they acquired - probably from someone else and possibly beyond their control at the time. Once they throw off such fear and insecurity, their outlook can become less muddled and more enlightened.

It is probably difficult for many trolls to see themselves on neutral ground with people insulting them, driving them further into their fear and insecurity - driving them to further defend the shittiest of views that has at least helped them survive.

It is what it is.

There may be a few people here who might not want to recall ... how they once might have behaved as a theist. It's possible a former theist might harbor some resentment for that behavior or view point and maybe even take out that resentment on a random troll. Anything is possible... people here are at different stages in their de-conversion.

Again, it is what it is.

For whatever reason people are here... some may be here to prove something or validate something... either to others, or to themselves. Interaction provides us all with a sense of validation.

Why am I here?
I don't have television. Drinking Beverage I'm a troll

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
24-05-2014, 10:08 AM
(24-05-2014 10:00 AM)kim Wrote:  I think it's ok for trolls to be here... in fact ... I think we need them to be here.

This community is a good place to learn to speak with and discern a variety of people, one may rarely encounter in the outside world. It's good to have a safe environment to encounter some of the more ... damaged kinds of people. Having all kinds of people here, helps the community and every individual, evolve a sense of behavior - both individually and within a community. Some people might need to learn to stand up for themselves while others might need to learn to be compassionate in the face of a view they might resent or even find repugnant.

As for the trolls... it is possible some might come here to present their views to find out why people react to them the way they do. Maybe they really don't see that their views have been developed from a fear and an insecurity that they acquired - probably from someone else and possibly beyond their control at the time. Once they throw off such fear and insecurity, their outlook can become less muddled and more enlightened.

It is probably difficult for many trolls to see themselves on neutral ground with people insulting them, driving them further into their fear and insecurity - driving them to further defend the shittiest of views that has at least helped them survive.

It is what it is.

There may be a few people here who might not want to recall ... how they once might have behaved as a theist. It's possible a former theist might harbor some resentment for that behavior or view point and maybe even take out that resentment on a random troll. Anything is possible... people here are at different stages in their de-conversion.

Again, it is what it is.

For whatever reason people are here... some may be here to prove something or validate something... either to others, or to themselves. Interaction provides us all with a sense of validation.

Why am I here?
I don't have television. Drinking Beverage I'm a troll

I don't believe we have a common definition of 'troll'.

I define it by behavior, not by views.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
24-05-2014, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 12:00 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(24-05-2014 09:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  The difference is that freezing them out doesn't work. Has not worked on one single troll.
How would you know? In the two years I've been on this forum, the community as a whole has never attempted to do it. Not even once.

I don't even know how the community as a whole can do such a thing. It first of all requires everybody being knowledgeable of the plan. PMing every single active member is a Herculean task, and even if it was done, it doesn't help that newbies come in all the time. None of them are going to know the memo. You can't post it in just the mod team or vet section, not everybody will get the message. I guess it might not really matter if the troll knows or not that the forum intends to ignore it so long as the forum can actually follow through, so maybe covert means isn't necessary. However, even in the very threads where people say to ignore the troll, sometimes right in the troll's very own thread, people are already emotionally embroiled at that point. Plus, newbies coming in aren't going to know a damn thing.

Personally, I don't even know whether legitimate trolls are the real problem so much as just flat-out dislikable people. Experienced trolls are problematic, because its difficult to know whether they really are just fishing for reactions or if they are just a genuine thick-skulled asshole. Genuine thick-skulled assholes are problematic because I believe there's a part of us that really has a hard time comprehending just how fucking stupid some people can be. If you 100% KNOW that the person is going to act in a way with the sole intention to piss you off, you'll stop responding pretty quick if you bother to interact with them at all in the first place. NOTHING could come out of the interaction in your favor.

But with those we think might just be really dense, dim-witted motherfuckers, we think, "surely there has got to be some ounce of reason that resonates past this fucker's brick wall of a brain," and we act upon that theory. Then we become frustrated because, no, nothing gets through to them, and we are perplexed and frustrated and take it out on them because we don't want to believe it's possible for them to be that dumb and ignorant. On the other hand, an average troll is usually not very well hidden, and rather poor at observing the rules and walking the line. The lower quality ones tend to get banned for rather easily avoidable offenses, and aren't generally that successful at forum disruptions.

Them thick-skulled assholes though, gotta watch out for them.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-05-2014, 10:26 AM
(24-05-2014 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't believe we have a common definition of 'troll'.

I define it by behavior, not by views.

As do I.
The very reason ... I do not exclude myself from trollish behavior. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-05-2014, 10:36 AM
(24-05-2014 10:20 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I don't even know how the community as a whole can do such a thing. It first of all requires everybody being knowledgeable of the plan. PMing every single active member is a Herculean task, and even if it was done, it doesn't help that newbies come in all the time. None of them are going to know the memo. You can't post it in just the mod team or vet section, not everybody will get the message. I guess it might not really matter if the troll knows or not that the forum intends to ignore it so long as the forum can actually follow through, so maybe covert means isn't necessary. However, even in the very threads where people say to ignore the troll, sometimes right in the trolls very own thread, people are already emotionally embroiled at that point. Plus, newbies coming in aren't going to know a damn thing.

Personally, I don't even know whether legitimate trolls are the real problem so much as just flat-out dislikable people. Experienced trolls are problematic, because its difficult to know whether they really are just fishing for reactions or if they are just a genuine thick-skulled asshole. Genuine thick-skulled assholes are problematic because I believe there's a part of us that really has a hard time comprehending just how fucking stupid some people can be. If you 100% KNOW that the person is going to act in a way with the sole intention to piss you off, you'll stop responding pretty quick if you bother to interact with them at all in the first place. NOTHING could come out of the interaction in your favor.

But with those we think might just be really dense, dim-witted motherfuckers, we think, "surely there has got to be some ounce of reason that resonates past this fucker's brick wall of a brain," and we act upon that theory. Then we become frustrated because, no, nothing gets through to them, and we are perplexed and frustrated and take it out on them because we don't want to believe it's possible for them to be that dumb and ignorant. On the other hand, an average troll is usually not very well hidden, and rather poor at observing the rules and walking the line. The lower quality ones tend to get banned for rather easily avoidable offenses, and aren't generally that successful at forum disruptions.

Them thick-skulled assholes though, gotta watch out for them.
You make a compelling argument. I hadn't thought about practical ways to implement a forum-wide change like that before, but now I will. I suppose we could do some sort of test run with one of the current trolls and see what happens. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-05-2014, 10:49 AM
There is but one way to make sure no one on this forum interacts with a troll - and that is to ban them.

The only other option would be to make rules that everyone has to follow and those rules would have to hit on every possible situation complete with how one can or cannot respond. Then it's no longer the same forum...then it's SD and you get banned if you so much as raise an eyebrow wrong. Is that where we want to go?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post