White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.
(24-05-2014 09:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  The difference is that freezing them out doesn't work. Has not worked on one single troll.
How would you know? In the two years I've been on this forum, the community as a whole has never attempted to do it. Not even once.

Exactly. Many times people have suggested it, many times no one has taken up the suggestion. That's why I say they don't work. Because *nobody will do it*. This is my point. Freeze outs don't work because no one plays along, and no one should *have* to play along. I don't quite get what's so hard to grasp about this.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2014, 01:02 PM
(24-05-2014 12:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How would you know? In the two years I've been on this forum, the community as a whole has never attempted to do it. Not even once.

Exactly. Many times people have suggested it, many times no one has taken up the suggestion. That's why I say they don't work. Because *nobody will do it*. This is my point. Freeze outs don't work because no one plays along, and no one should *have* to play along. I don't quite get what's so hard to grasp about this.

Getting everyone to do things exactly the same way around here would remove any reason for coming here in the first place. It's the differences in people that make this place interesting and keeps people coming back. Getting even the hundreds of regulars to march in lockstep is going to completely change the sense of community and the balance that exists.

It not only won't work, it shouldn't even be in serious consideration.

The fine folks at SD aren't even allowed to visit other forums because then they aren't under the control of their leadership.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Management would spend all their time doing this:

[Image: herding+cats.gif]

Trying to get to this:

[Image: UnsuelliedS3.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 01:15 PM
(24-05-2014 01:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It not only won't work, it shouldn't even be in serious consideration.

I don't think it *is* in serious consideration. Only that it seems that so often when we're bitchin' this idea gets trotted out that somehow trolls are our fault because we reply to them. Like, they have agency of their own ya know. They don't get to be total douchebags just by us griefing them.

Fuck it. Vosur, I've been giving you a hard time and I know it sucks to be in the hot seat. I'll say that you've done pretty well. I think I've vented my spleen here so I'm out, unless you come back with something that I feel like I have to give you more gears over.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-05-2014, 01:18 PM
(24-05-2014 01:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: herding+cats.gif]

The most awesome gif evar!

[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2014, 01:32 PM
(24-05-2014 01:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: herding+cats.gif]

That's gonna be me in a few years.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-05-2014, 01:39 PM
(24-05-2014 12:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Exactly. Many times people have suggested it, many times no one has taken up the suggestion. That's why I say they don't work. Because *nobody will do it*. This is my point. Freeze outs don't work because no one plays along, and no one should *have* to play along. I don't quite get what's so hard to grasp about this.
It's more like not enough people play along, but yes, it only works in theory because people in general apparently don't have the self-control it takes for this idea to work in practice.

(24-05-2014 01:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't think it *is* in serious consideration.
That about sums it up. Nobody here has ever proposed anything remotely similar to that silly dystopian idea.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-05-2014, 01:42 PM
(24-05-2014 01:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The fine folks at SD aren't even allowed to visit other forums because then they aren't under the control of their leadership.

What's SD? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-05-2014, 01:48 PM
(24-05-2014 01:42 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 01:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The fine folks at SD aren't even allowed to visit other forums because then they aren't under the control of their leadership.

What's SD? Shy
SD is an acronym of "Suscipe Domine," the name of an orthodox Catholic forum.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-05-2014, 01:48 PM
(24-05-2014 01:42 PM)kim Wrote:  

What's SD? Shy

Susipe Domini or something like that. HARDCORE Catholic forum with a bunch of kooks and pricks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post