White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.
(24-05-2014 03:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:11 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I love how the Germans have the best words for insults.

What's that one that means "person with a punchable face?"
Backpfeifengesicht

I have never heard anyone use it in Germany, though.

I heard it on this forum and it really confused me.

I understood pfeife as whistle and I don't know where the Back prefix comes from.

It might be a dialect. I grew up hearing my dad use a load of swear words. When I was living in England asked some German colleagues about the words and they hadn't heard any of them. The best they could do was suggest that maybe my father was using antiquated swear words.

Then I moved to Bavaria, saw this and suddenly I realised that he had been swearing in Bayerisch.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 04:30 PM
(24-05-2014 04:27 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Backpfeifengesicht

I have never heard anyone use it in Germany, though.

I heard it on this forum and it really confused me.

I understood pfeife as whistle and I don't know where the Back prefix comes from.

It might be a dialect. I grew up hearing my dad use a load of swear words. When I was living in England asked some German colleagues about the words and they hadn't heard any of them. The best they could do was suggest that maybe my father was using antiquated swear words.

Then I moved to Bavaria, saw this and suddenly I realised that he had been swearing in Bayerisch.

That's because "Backpfeifengesicht" is not a contraction of "Back," "Pfeife," and "Gesicht"; it's a contraction of "Backpfeife" (a slap to the face) and "Gesicht."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-05-2014, 04:33 PM
(24-05-2014 04:19 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Complete an utter bullshit.

What about what was written did you not care for, Taq?

I'm back to believing that we have different definitions for what a troll is.

We need diversity of opinion here, we don't need trollish behavior.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-05-2014, 04:34 PM
(24-05-2014 04:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That's because "Backpfeifengesicht" is not a contraction of "Back," "Pfeife," and "Gesicht"; it's a contraction of "Backpfeife" (a slap to the face) and "Gesicht."

Aha so backpfeife is similar to ohrfeige. Thanks.
24-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Let's just set the self-control issue aside...I don't really agree with that concept, but anyway...

Maybe some people like to screw with the trolls. At that point it certainly is not a self-control issue. Only people who think they are better than others here think that it's some sort of weakness or lack and therefore poor self-control to post to a troll or suspected troll. For those who feel superior by avoiding trolls...have at it...just don't think that your way is the best way for everyone.

There are going to be trolls...if a person wants to interact with them, let them. We can't tell people who they can and cannot choose to talk to.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 04:35 PM
(24-05-2014 04:02 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

I know the quote I was just being a dork lol
24-05-2014, 04:38 PM
(24-05-2014 03:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 10:00 AM)kim Wrote:  I think it's ok for trolls to be here... in fact ... I think we need them to be here.

Complete an utter bullshit.

I'm callin' bullshit on your bullshit.

I don't agree with Kim that we need trolls around, however, I do think they serve a purpose, which I have stated more times than I care to remember: They provide entertainment; not only playing with them, but just watching other people dismantle them or play off their stupidity is entertaining. As an added bonus, those who do dismantle troll arguments with logic as opposed to just ripping into the troll itself themselves turn it into a potential educative opportunity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
24-05-2014, 04:38 PM
(24-05-2014 04:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Aha so backpfeife is similar to ohrfeige. Thanks.
Indeed. According to the German authority on the German language, "Backpfeife" and "Ohrfeige" are synonymous.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-05-2014, 04:40 PM
I must say that this thread has been sufficiently derailed from the OP. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 04:41 PM
(24-05-2014 04:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I must say that this thread has been sufficiently derailed from the OP. Thumbsup

Always happens with runaway trolls.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.