White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: White Genocide is happening. ADMIT IT.
(24-05-2014 06:45 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 05:54 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm sorry Taq, I was unaware that you are mentally challenged. Good to know. Shy

It's you who can't grasp what was said. Pretty fucking stupid to claim that we "need" trolls here.

It has been said before and I agree that if no trolls ever show up we tend to turn on one another.

The troll fights are like a pressure release valve.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 07:08 PM
(24-05-2014 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 06:45 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's you who can't grasp what was said. Pretty fucking stupid to claim that we "need" trolls here.

It has been said before and I agree that if no trolls ever show up we tend to turn on one another.

The troll fights are like a pressure release valve.

I don't think that's quite true. Maybe for some. But TW does have a point in that respect. There are far better things we could be doing than cleaning up troll shit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Taq...I am confused...you are one to flood threads with posts...trolls, people you don't like, subjects you don't like...are you trying to say you don't/won't deal with trolls?

And you are taking your lead from TrainWreck? Dude, really? I thought you were kind of calming down a bit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Hmm, this "freeze out" idea seems rather insane (and impractical), at least in it's current form.

I would never advocate us sending around masses of PM's telling everyone to ignore a specific person, it would never work and seems a little childish. What I do advocate is a "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" approach (I'd phase it as "if someone isn't worthy of your considered opinions on their topic they aren't worth of your reply"). As far as the controversial people go they are split into two groups, trolls and people with opinions that are widely unpopular. If we take an approach where we all only reply to those we actually want to engage with properly and ignore people whom we don't wish to engage with we can have a far more positive effect on both of those groups.

Firstly, trolls. They are not sincere about their beliefs, they just want to cause trouble. We currently react by flaming them, thereby giving them exactly what they want. If they were only replied to by people who were happy to discuss what they said with them then they wouldn't get the reaction they want, and they'd be forced to either try and hold a discussion on something they didn't care/know about, or break character altogether and give up.

Secondly, people with unpopular opinions. These are people who legitimately hold views that are widely considered bigoted etc. By flaming them we force them onto the defensive and make them even more adamant in their beliefs, that seems kinda pointless. If the only people who replied were those who actually wanted to discuss the issue then perhaps we could do some good. We know nothing about these people. We have no idea what has caused them to hold such ignorant beliefs. They could be the victims of some kind of mental trauma, they could be the victims of propaganda or brainwashing. They could just be assholes. However, if we engage with them we may well demonstrate to them just how wrong their beliefs are, if we do that then we have had a positive effect on that person, and on the world. If they remain adamant in their views then we're no worse off than when we started, and no worse off than we would have been if we just flamed them.

Just my opinion.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
24-05-2014, 07:31 PM
(24-05-2014 07:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just my opinion.

Offtopic

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-05-2014, 07:32 PM
(24-05-2014 02:29 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I have been reluctant to start new threads over the last few weeks because Jeremy will shit all over it with his bullshit apologetics, even though it would be completely irrelevant to the subject and we have also had TrainWreck turn every thread he has commented in, into a duplicate discussion about the definition of atheism.

When someone spams the same stuff throughout several threads, you want to complain to admin about spamming, and provide the links.

There is still no guarantee that someone will be banned, but spamming the forum is cause for banning if admin agrees that this is the case.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-05-2014, 07:38 PM
(24-05-2014 07:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Taq...I am confused...you are one to flood threads with posts...trolls, people you don't like, subjects you don't like...are you trying to say you don't/won't deal with trolls?

Not at all. There are plenty better things we could be doing than having to slog through troll shit.

And if you just ignore what they say here, they will just run back to whatever shithole they came from and tell everyone how they pwned the stupid atheists who couldn't even raise a challenge to their bullshit claims.

Quote:And you are taking your lead from TrainWreck? Dude, really? I thought you were kind of calming down a bit.

"Taking my lead"...? Really? -- Because I agree with ONE thing he says? Facepalm

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-05-2014, 02:48 AM
(24-05-2014 07:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  When someone spams the same stuff throughout several threads, you want to complain to admin about spamming, and provide the links.

There is still no guarantee that someone will be banned, but spamming the forum is cause for banning if admin agrees that this is the case.

Good point. When someone joins and starts to derail a forum, it would be quite easy for someone to start a thread with a list of all the other threads that have been derailed. Others could then join in posting where else they have seen threads being derailed.

Let's start two threads ... Jeremy and KCA ... Trainwreck and 'definitions that show that atheism is a political doctine'
25-05-2014, 03:21 AM
(24-05-2014 07:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:And you are taking your lead from TrainWreck? Dude, really? I thought you were kind of calming down a bit.

"Taking my lead"...? Really? -- Because I agree with ONE thing he says? Facepalm

It's a slippery slope, Taq. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-05-2014, 04:30 AM
(24-05-2014 07:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 02:29 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I have been reluctant to start new threads over the last few weeks because Jeremy will shit all over it with his bullshit apologetics, even though it would be completely irrelevant to the subject and we have also had TrainWreck turn every thread he has commented in, into a duplicate discussion about the definition of atheism.

When someone spams the same stuff throughout several threads, you want to complain to admin about spamming, and provide the links.

That's not really my thing Dom. Besides, I only hate them some days, other days I like engaging them Smile

I'm just not one for running to the mods if you know what I mean? That works for some folks, I prefer to go straight to the source and tell them to fuck off myself Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post