White House chief of staff admits having no irrefutable evidence on Assad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: White House chief of staff admits having no irrefutable evidence on Assad.
(08-09-2013 06:42 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 06:14 PM)I and I Wrote:  http://beforeitsnews.com/war-and-conflic...48506.html

Drinking Beverage

Anything comparable to point to assad?

Did you actually view the videos you refer to? The video only reports rebels claiming they had access to "weapons not used before", so at best it demonstrates they may have unconventional weapons they can use. The actual Fox News story:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/...y-surface/

In this story, the video you claim shows rebels claiming credit for the chemical weapons attack was a generic claim of the possession of chemical weapons and willingness to use them. This video originally surfaced through Infowars--no wonder Fox News "has not been able to independently authenticate". Also notice that the actual Fox News story your link reports on contains this reference to rebel claims in the mix of another widely reported video of rebels assassinating Syrian troops. This other video, in addition to being more shocking, does not include such disclaimers because, presumably, Fox News has been able to independently verify the information in that video.

Also, the video that Infowars claims shows rebels admitting to using chemical weapons doesn't actually do that. The video is of someone threatening to use weapons

And in another sign of the questionable nature of this video post on Youtube, the description contains the text:
Quote:How To Go To Heaven: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to...
http://www.infowars.com/rebels-admit-res...ns-attack/
Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident

Riiiiggghhhttt.....so we have religious nutjobs pushing this story, and you buy it?

The video is not a video of a confession. It is a video that was included in a questionable Infowars story that claimed there was an admission.

You really screwed that up there I&I.

Your Alqaeda friends in Syria aren't religious nut jobs?

Is there ANYTHING comparable to point the finger at Assad? Videos of assads men threatening to use chemical weapons, videos of assads men having chemical weapons etc etc.

You seem to have a crush on Alqaeda lately. The idea that Alqaeda would target civilians......what a crazy notion huh.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
(08-09-2013 06:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 06:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  So the videos aren't legit right? Uncle sam didn't shoot them out of his cock so it can't be real, those are just Mexican actors pretending to be Arab.

Of course.

Anything from such a reputable, reliable, consistent source MUST be real.

100%
REAL
NEWS

Big Grin

I&I is such a credulous fool, but he succeeded at outdoing himself this time. There is no limit beyond which I&I is willing to go in his sycophantic, toady lust for despots, Islamists, and in general anyone opposed to the US. He continually beclowns himself, yet keeps coming back for more.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
(08-09-2013 06:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 06:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  So the videos aren't legit right? Uncle sam didn't shoot them out of his cock so it can't be real, those are just Mexican actors pretending to be Arab.

Of course.

100%
REAL
NEWS

I love how people here disregard every non mainstream news source then turn around and say they view things objectively. "Those videos aren't real they didn't come from CNN or NBC or FOX. Because that is the litmus test of true honesty.
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
(08-09-2013 06:51 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 06:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Of course.

100%
REAL
NEWS

I love how people here disregard every non mainstream news source then turn around and say they view things objectively. "Those videos aren't real they didn't come from CNN or NBC or FOX. Because that is the litmus test of true honesty.
Laughat
And mischaracterizing what the actual videos say is the epitome of honesty and truth seeking, eh ?
08-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Who cares what there is, or is not proof of. The question now is "what is there to do about any of it", (if anything) ?

Somehow the generals, as per their usual, have convinced the politicians that they need to play with their expensive toys, and that's the only solution to a problem.

They think the more horrific videos they put out, the more emotional the response will be. Maybe for once, the US public will say, "no". The vote in congress seems to be going badly for the administration. Most public hearings/meetings are not in favor of reprisal bombings.

(Why would the administration be SO fucking stupid as to fall on their sword over such a stupid issue ?)

I bet secretly they regret they ever let this get so out of hand.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

08-09-2013, 06:57 PM
(08-09-2013 06:51 PM)I and I Wrote:  I love how people here disregard every non mainstream news source then turn around and say they view things objectively. "Those videos aren't real they didn't come from CNN or NBC or FOX. Because that is the litmus test of true honesty.

What it means, to those of us outside such delusional circles, is that one of the best indicators of reliability is the verifiable reliability of other hosted content.

Before It's News is a cavalcade of insane conspiratorial phantasms, incoherent science, and ludicrous exaggerations. BryanS has already enumerated how the very same video appeared on Fox among others, and coincidentally doesn't say what your source suggests it does.

That if something is "non mainstream" then it, therefore, is more likely to be true is an utterly fallacious non sequitor.

... this is my signature!
08-09-2013, 07:01 PM
White House chief of staff is interviewed in mainstream media and the video of this interview is on the link.

White House chief of staff appears on cnn and admits that they have no irrefutable evidence and that it's based on common sense.

And for some reason criticizing the fact that "common sense" is not evidence or proof is demonized on this forum.
08-09-2013, 07:01 PM
(08-09-2013 06:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Who cares what there is, or is not proof of. The question now is "what is there to do about any of it", (if anything) ?

Somehow the generals, as per their usual, have convinced the politicians that they need to play with their expensive toys, and that's the only solution to a problem.

They think the more horrific videos they put out, the more emotional the response will be. Maybe for once, the US public will say, "no". The vote in congress seems to be going badly for the administration. Most public hearings/meetings are not in favor of reprisal bombings.

(Why would the administration be SO fucking stupid as to fall on their sword over such a stupid issue ?)

I bet secretly they regret they ever let this get so out of hand.

Military leaders don't get to opine publicly, but the 'behind the scenes' reports and some leaks indicate that the US military leadership is not excited about this adventure in Syria.
08-09-2013, 07:03 PM
(08-09-2013 06:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 06:51 PM)I and I Wrote:  I love how people here disregard every non mainstream news source then turn around and say they view things objectively. "Those videos aren't real they didn't come from CNN or NBC or FOX. Because that is the litmus test of true honesty.

What it means, to those of us outside such delusional circles, is that one of the best indicators of reliability is the verifiable reliability of other hosted content.

Before It's News is a cavalcade of insane conspiratorial phantasms, incoherent science, and ludicrous exaggerations. BryanS has already enumerated how the very same video appeared on Fox among others, and coincidentally doesn't say what your source suggests it does.

That if something is "non mainstream" then it, therefore, is more likely to be true is an utterly fallacious non sequitor.

So the messenger is what you focus on and not the content? What if.....just what mother fuckin if one paid attention to content and investigated for themselves instead of saying "well it was reported here so I refuse to take it seriously."
08-09-2013, 07:21 PM
(08-09-2013 07:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  So the messenger is what you focus on and not the content?

Well, it's what you focus on:
(08-09-2013 06:51 PM)I and I Wrote:  "Those videos aren't real they didn't come from CNN or NBC or FOX. Because that is the litmus test of true honesty.

The rest of us were considering the source in isolation. It doesn't have such a great record.

(08-09-2013 07:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  What if.....just what mother fuckin if one paid attention to content and investigated for themselves instead of saying "well it was reported here so I refuse to take it seriously."

Oh, you mean like this?
(08-09-2013 06:42 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Did you actually view the videos you refer to? The video only reports rebels claiming they had access to "weapons not used before", so at best it demonstrates they may have unconventional weapons they can use. The actual Fox News story:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/...y-surface/

In this story, the video you claim shows rebels claiming credit for the chemical weapons attack was a generic claim of the possession of chemical weapons and willingness to use them. This video originally surfaced through Infowars--no wonder Fox News "has not been able to independently authenticate". Also notice that the actual Fox News story your link reports on contains this reference to rebel claims in the mix of another widely reported video of rebels assassinating Syrian troops. This other video, in addition to being more shocking, does not include such disclaimers because, presumably, Fox News has been able to independently verify the information in that video.

Also, the video that Infowars claims shows rebels admitting to using chemical weapons doesn't actually do that. The video is of someone threatening to use weapons

And in another sign of the questionable nature of this video post on Youtube, the description contains the text:
Quote:How To Go To Heaven: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to...
http://www.infowars.com/rebels-admit-res...ns-attack/
Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post