White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem
(18-01-2014 12:49 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 12:38 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You're playing the game wrong IMO.

In My Orifice

Oh Chippy, sometimes I love you, sometimes I hate you. This is a love moment Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
18-01-2014, 12:58 AM
(18-01-2014 12:51 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 12:49 AM)Chippy Wrote:  In My Orifice

Oh Chippy, sometimes I love you, sometimes I hate you. This is a love moment Hug

Aw shux.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
18-01-2014, 01:50 AM
(18-01-2014 12:49 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 12:38 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You're playing the game wrong IMO.

In My Orifice

ROTFLOL

18-01-2014, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 11:07 AM by WindyCityJazz.)

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
18-01-2014, 07:21 AM
(18-01-2014 12:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Am I the only who chuckled at "-white people- are -all- racist" tone of this?

If you come to an atheist site and attempt to tell people they don't understand discrimination...well....I dont know what to say.
Strongly disagree.

Being discriminated against because of race is very different from being discriminated against because of metaphysical belief. A person can't hide their race, but they can hide their beliefs.
18-01-2014, 07:36 AM
(17-01-2014 11:10 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  My opinion is that white people have to have a hand in fixing racism too. They can't just keep saying racism is bad then stick their heads in the ground when shit hits the fan.
This is correct.

I didn't watch the video, but I agree that white privilege exists. Many whites who speak against racism are simply too weak to do anything about it; not because society is against them, but because they don't have the guts. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

IDK what the answer is.
18-01-2014, 07:47 AM
(18-01-2014 07:36 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 11:10 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  My opinion is that white people have to have a hand in fixing racism too. They can't just keep saying racism is bad then stick their heads in the ground when shit hits the fan.
This is correct.

I didn't watch the video, but I agree that white privilege exists. Many whites who speak against racism are simply too weak to do anything about it; not because society is against them, but because they don't have the guts. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

IDK what the answer is.
Yay! Another bigot! This place is just swarming with interesting characters isn't it?

Let me guess.....not only did you not bother to watch the video, you also skipped reading the thread. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-01-2014, 10:45 AM
(18-01-2014 02:44 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  

I just get: "This video has been blocked on copyright grounds."

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-01-2014, 11:00 AM
(18-01-2014 10:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  I just get: "This video has been blocked on copyright grounds."

Hopefully this one will work:

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
18-01-2014, 11:03 AM
(18-01-2014 07:36 AM)Juv Wrote:  
This is correct.

IDK what the answer is.

Everyone (well mostly everyone) knows that white privilege exists.
Everyone should be speaking out against racism, not just white people. What exactly would you have us weak whities do besides from speaking out against racism?? Of course you don't have the answer, you just wanted to come in here and stir the pot with some ignorant crap and not have to defend yourself. Well I think you are a racist and your own comment defends my opinion.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.