White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem
(18-01-2014 03:05 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I bet all the white people on here eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too! That's a sign of white privilege you damned racist bastards!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11...74905.html

Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich yummy!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-01-2014, 03:11 PM
(18-01-2014 03:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I fucking peanut butter.

I fucking KY Jelly.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
Dodgy
God damn it, I do this all the time, I miss out a word.

I meant to say, "I fucking HATE peanut butter"

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
(18-01-2014 03:05 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I bet all the white people on here eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too! That's a sign of white privilege you damned racist bastards!

No, I hate PB&J , but I do love chicken and I like watermellon alot..... I must be a confused privileged white guy. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
18-01-2014, 03:14 PM
My sandwich is racist and sexist!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
18-01-2014, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 03:18 PM by Compassion4Life.)
(18-01-2014 03:11 PM)War Horse Wrote:  

No, I hate PB&J , but I do love chicken and I like watermellon alot..... I must be a confused privliged white guy. Dodgy

According to the school principal in the article, you are Tongue I cracked up when my roommate showed me that one. I'll never understand how making people feel guilty is supposed to bring people together. It only creates tension and backlash.
[+] 3 users Like Compassion4Life's post
18-01-2014, 03:24 PM
(18-01-2014 03:14 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 03:11 PM)War Horse Wrote:  No, I hate PB&J , but I do love chicken and I like watermellon alot..... I must be a confused privliged white guy. Dodgy

According to the school principal in the article, you are Tongue I cracked up when my roommate showed me that one. I'll never understand how making people feel guilty is supposed to bring people together. It only creates tension and backlash.

Yeah, we both nearly pissed ourselves from the ridiculousness of that article. The stupidity of it still blows my mind.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
18-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I think I've inadvertently trolled you all here. I am not any kind of minority.
18-01-2014, 10:04 PM
(18-01-2014 09:49 PM)Juv Wrote:  I think I've inadvertently trolled you all here. I am not any kind of minority.

I think this thread was created solely to incite drama. Racism is bad. I'd say everyone here knows it. I am not racist, I am teaching my kids to have compassion for all human beings (and animals for that matter), and I call it out when I see it. I don't believe my feeling guilty for being white will help solve anything so I don't feel guilty. I don't believe that trashing white people helps either. No one has any control over their race. Threads like this are a complete waste. You want to bring awareness to the fact that racism still exists? Join one of thousands of anti-racism awareness groups.

18-01-2014, 10:07 PM
(18-01-2014 11:13 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 07:36 AM)Juv Wrote:  This is correct.

I didn't watch the video, but I agree that white privilege exists. Many whites who speak against racism are simply too weak to do anything about it; not because society is against them, but because they don't have the guts. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

IDK what the answer is.

Bullshit. Why should I do anything about it? If I do, that's my good will, not my obligation. I make my own cake and what I'm going to do with it is my business, why don't you make your own instead of demanding a piece of mine?
This is true, I feel mostly the same. I'm also a white American who is not against white privilege.

However, if a white person says they're against white privilege, IMO they should be consistent and give up some of that privilege.