White people in the US are so privileged.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: White people in the US are so privileged.
You stated no purpose for the OP.

And who the fuck cares?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-08-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 11:50 PM by fstratzero.)
I hate the idea of white privilege as well. Since it is racist by definition.

However dealing with people who are racist, or use racist ideas to put forward laws or influence votes should be addressed.

We should be helping each other, and not basing our judgments on each other based on the merits of a persons character.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
02-08-2013, 11:34 PM
So I've been reading in the wings for two threads, lets just get down to it. What are you saying:

1) All people are not created equally, my abilities set me apart and therefore fuck 'em if they are not up to my own standard of living?

2) Everyone is equally capable and it is only our drive and our ambitions holding us back as evidenced by the notoriously industrious Asian Americans, therefore fuck all those less fortunate than me?

3) Everyone is created equally (or not) and we are all limited by our environment and social station and so we should work to elevate, educate, and rehabilitate everyone for the good of all people.

4) I eat doody for breakfast and will now begin my acrobatics show.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 11:38 PM
What I get from reading various of Huffy's threads is that the sees the race and not the person. Then looks for data to try to back it up.

Or number 4 from RTS. Or both.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-08-2013, 11:52 PM
(02-08-2013 11:34 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  So I've been reading in the wings for two threads, lets just get down to it. What are you saying:

1) All people are not created equally, my abilities set me apart and therefore fuck 'em if they are not up to my own standard of living?

2) Everyone is equally capable and it is only our drive and our ambitions holding us back as evidenced by the notoriously industrious Asian Americans, therefore fuck all those less fortunate than me?

3) Everyone is created equally (or not) and we are all limited by our environment and social station and so we should work to elevate, educate, and rehabilitate everyone for the good of all people.

Foremost, the point is to show that whites don't have it all. Even in their own societies, where they are supposedly "privileged".

And that the disparities in standards of living between racial groups may have a genetic reason.

The income statistics I presented highly correlate with the racial IQ gaps. Look to any western country where there are similar minority groups (blacks, Hispanics, Asians/orientals) and the income gaps remain consistent.
02-08-2013, 11:54 PM
(02-08-2013 10:24 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  That they actually make lower incomes on average than Asians/Orientals...

[Image: OCUT9Q5.png]

And this has remained consistent for 20 years, according to the United States Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2...2s0690.pdf

Now the social justice community loves to encapsulate a large idea into a small package.

What they really mean by privilege is the things people take for granted that distances themselves from others in such a way they cannot sympathize with them.

Men, being very diverse in their structure and in the strength of their imagination, are not able to feel with equal keenness the ills of their fellow men. There are men in whom pity does not exist, or at least is not strong enough to determine them to put an end to the sufferings they see in others. All too often we come upon men who are so used to well-being, the enjoyment of every comfort, that their lack of ever having felt suffering hardens them to the suffer­ing of others and even prevents them from conceiving it. An unhappy person generally has more compassion than one who has never suffered the blows of fate. He who has undergone the pains of gout or kidney stones is far more disposed than another to pity those whom he sees afflicted with the same illness. The pauper who has often felt the horrors of hunger knows all its strength and pities him who feels it; whereas the rich man, constantly satiated, seems to be unaware of its existing in a world where millions of unfortu­nates are deprived of the necessities of life. - D'Holbach

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
03-08-2013, 12:08 AM
(02-08-2013 11:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 10:24 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  That they actually make lower incomes on average than Asians/Orientals...

[Image: OCUT9Q5.png]

And this has remained consistent for 20 years, according to the United States Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2...2s0690.pdf

Now the social justice community loves to encapsulate a large idea into a small package.

What they really mean by privilege is the things people take for granted that distances themselves from others in such a way they cannot sympathize with them.

Men, being very diverse in their structure and in the strength of their imagination, are not able to feel with equal keenness the ills of their fellow men. There are men in whom pity does not exist, or at least is not strong enough to determine them to put an end to the sufferings they see in others. All too often we come upon men who are so used to well-being, the enjoyment of every comfort, that their lack of ever having felt suffering hardens them to the suffer­ing of others and even prevents them from conceiving it. An unhappy person generally has more compassion than one who has never suffered the blows of fate. He who has undergone the pains of gout or kidney stones is far more disposed than another to pity those whom he sees afflicted with the same illness. The pauper who has often felt the horrors of hunger knows all its strength and pities him who feels it; whereas the rich man, constantly satiated, seems to be unaware of its existing in a world where millions of unfortu­nates are deprived of the necessities of life. - D'Holbach

That's cute and all, but Asians/Orientals apparently have it pretty good in the west. When we talk about "white privilege", no one thinks of the Asian minority, because most people realize how well they perform in our societies. Not only do they make more money than whites on average, they live longer than whites, and are disproportionally accepted into colleges and universities.

When "white privilege" is espoused, it's only in regards to blacks and Hispanics. I have a feeling that "white privilege" is really just an excuse for low black and Hispanic achievement.
03-08-2013, 12:11 AM
(03-08-2013 12:08 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 11:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Now the social justice community loves to encapsulate a large idea into a small package.

That's cute and all, but Asians/Orientals apparently have it pretty good in the west. When we talk about "white privilege", no one thinks of the Asian minority, because most people realize how well they perform in our societies. Not only do they make more money than whites on average, they live longer than whites, and are disproportionally accepted into colleges and universities.

When "white privilege" is espoused, it's only in regards to blacks and Hispanics. I have a feeling that "white privilege" is really just an excuse for low black and Hispanic achievement.

I'm the messenger, not the believer.

-Baron d'Holbach-
03-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Hey Ballchinian, I got the perfect cure for your rant. It's called 'Interracial Marriage'. After 5 kids and 20 years, it's been pretty solid for me Thumbsup

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
[+] 4 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
03-08-2013, 12:14 AM
(02-08-2013 11:52 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 11:34 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  So I've been reading in the wings for two threads, lets just get down to it. What are you saying:

Foremost, the point is to show that whites don't have it all. Even in their own societies, where they are supposedly "privileged".

Okay so then I'm just going to work on the assumption that it's #1 & #4.

The Asian population is small compared to the white population and it is less rural and one can make a strong case for Asian Americans largely being an exception having a long Confucian tradition, India's technical colleges, linguistic constructs that aid in math skill development, etc. The fact of the matter is Black folks especially are at a huge disadvantage, I'm not going to go bitching about how I'm only part of the 2nd most privileged race by a small margin and not the 1st...Which you seem to think somehow justifies the state of inequality in America.

(02-08-2013 11:52 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  And that the disparities in standards of living between racial groups may have a genetic reason.

The income statistics I presented highly correlate with the racial IQ gaps. Look to any western country where there are similar minority groups (blacks, Hispanics, Asians/orientals) and the income gaps remain consistent.

What genetic reason show me these IQ gap statistics you speak of. Show me how you control for poverty, debt, gentrification, police profiling, crack, unemployment, the state of inner city schools...and then we will talk about race IQ gaps. I'd be surprised if a real experiment found a gap of more than a few points across the board.

The 'IQ gaps' correlate with the incomes gaps?! Shocking

Could it be that you are totally fucking wrong? Consider