White people in the US are so privileged.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: White people in the US are so privileged.
(03-08-2013 12:14 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  The Asian population is small compared to the white population and it is less rural and one can make a strong case for Asian Americans largely being an exception having a long Confucian tradition, India's technical colleges, linguistic constructs that aid in math skill development, etc.

Their cultures are an expression of their genes. Stop acting as if they are two completely separate things.

(03-08-2013 12:14 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  What genetic reason show me these IQ gap statistics you speak of. Show me how you control for poverty, debt, gentrification, police profiling, crack, unemployment, the state of inner city schools...and then we will talk about race IQ gaps. I'd be surprised if a real experiment found a gap of more than a few points across the board.

There are studies that control for socio-economic factors, and the gaps persist. And it's not just a few points.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 12:37 AM
you can't jump to the conclusion that it's based on genetic advantage without evidence... try to wrap that around your head, you need proof that it's genetic or you're just making things up!

Even if you're right (which I seriously doubt) you must prove it, otherwise you're just being trollish or uselessly polemic

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
(02-08-2013 10:24 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  That they actually make lower incomes on average than Asians/Orientals...

[Image: OCUT9Q5.png]

And this has remained consistent for 20 years, according to the United States Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2...2s0690.pdf

Hold on; what's the point of this?

Are you mad that white people are not privileged enough?
Or are you mad that Asians have business savvy?
Or what else...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
(03-08-2013 12:30 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  Their cultures are an expression of their genes. Stop acting as if they are two completely separate things.

Wrong. Cultures are a function of both genes and environment both past and present. Culture is limited not by IQ but by the bounty of food, resources and trade. The ancient egyptians where black and they where the most culturally advanced civilization of their time. But that has nothing to do with fact that they had some of the most fertile flood plains in the ancient world right?

(03-08-2013 12:30 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  There are studies that control for socio-economic factors, and the gaps persist. And it's not just a few points.

Okay then you shouldn't have a problem linking two or three of them?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
03-08-2013, 05:58 AM
(03-08-2013 12:30 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 12:14 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  The Asian population is small compared to the white population and it is less rural and one can make a strong case for Asian Americans largely being an exception having a long Confucian tradition, India's technical colleges, linguistic constructs that aid in math skill development, etc.

Their cultures are an expression of their genes. Stop acting as if they are two completely separate things.

That is an incorrect statement. The details of culture are historical, not genetic.

Where exactly is the 'work hard so as not to shame your family' gene?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
03-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I feel sad - I've never been privileged, I feel like I missed out. Always been poor and family always struggled to even make the bills - weeks late.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
03-08-2013, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 08:27 AM by Free Thought.)
(03-08-2013 05:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 12:30 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  Their cultures are an expression of their genes. Stop acting as if they are two completely separate things.

That is an incorrect statement. The details of culture are historical, not genetic.

It is right next to the gene that causes this:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpdy4EE4TpRQS0aOnmkai...QEOm0zBeTw]

And just before the one which causes psychosis relating to high expectations.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Re: White people in the US are so privileged.
I figured one pointless rant for another.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
03-08-2013, 02:36 PM
(03-08-2013 05:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  

There may not be a specific gene per se, but rather there are genes that predispose particular behavioral traits that can influence the nature of particular populations of people, and thus their culture.
03-08-2013, 04:56 PM
(03-08-2013 02:36 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 05:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is an incorrect statement. The details of culture are historical, not genetic.

There may not be a specific gene per se, but rather there are genes that predispose particular behavioral traits that can influence the nature of particular populations of people, and thus their culture.

Your understanding of genetics is seriously incorrect.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do poor white men in the US predominately support Republicans? GirlyMan 33 428 21-07-2014 08:01 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Why do people think the US should be Just like Europe Aleprauchanist 24 506 29-03-2014 06:02 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Why do we treat poor people like children? Heywood Jahblome 132 1,830 06-03-2014 01:33 AM
Last Post: LostandInsecure
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 502 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem BrokenQuill92 122 2,382 23-01-2014 08:15 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Why do we have poor people? bemore 77 1,759 21-12-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: frankksj
  Obamacare makes people less likely to exercise, more likely to smoke and drink frankksj 70 1,192 06-12-2013 12:16 PM
Last Post: frankksj