White people in the US are so privileged.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: White people in the US are so privileged.
Genes determine our culture? What?

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 10:52 PM
(03-08-2013 09:42 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  Genes determine our culture? What?

I said they influence our nature, and thus influence our culture.
04-08-2013, 12:29 AM
(03-08-2013 10:52 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 09:42 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  Genes determine our culture? What?

I said they influence our nature, and thus influence our culture.

Yet in every culture the people that break stereotype and influence change in their collective society are the ones who "think differently", they are not people who are in any way brought up differently or genetically different than those who they influence.

No unique genes required, only a view of the world looking past the proverbial cultural box. It's a human tendency, not a racial tendency.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
04-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Poor white racist methhead pissed off he can't afford more meth. ... Wait ... I think there's a song for that.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Other than being in America where is my privilege? I would like to cash in on it please where is it?

I work and worked for everything I have to the bone some years. I have almost nothing and I am not just laying about dicking off. I work harder than most people do is that my issue? Should I be like most other lazy ass white people I know and just try and get you to do it for me?

Some white people fit the bill, oh but so do some black, red, yellow, green, brown, beige, rouge...people. Constantly labeling everything in groups just makes us all look like assholes but at least you look like one first.
[+] 1 user Likes gall's post
14-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Not surprised at all.

Not only do those of North East Asian descent come a hardworking culture, they are also the most intelligent people on the planet. While the U.S and European IQ means are between 95-105, 6 year olds from Hong Kong average around 110-115.

My blog: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/
14-08-2013, 09:22 AM
(14-08-2013 06:38 AM)No Mere Ape Wrote:  Not surprised at all.

Not only do those of North East Asian descent come a hardworking culture, they are also the most intelligent people on the planet. While the U.S and European IQ means are between 95-105, 6 year olds from Hong Kong average around 110-115.

Um, no. Besides not providing any evidence, the statement is wrong.

IQ measure is not absolute - it is relative. '100' means 50th percentile in your comparative group. So the 6-year-olds from Hong Kong may well be above average for 6-year-olds, that's all that score would mean.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do poor white men in the US predominately support Republicans? GirlyMan 33 426 Yesterday 08:01 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Why do people think the US should be Just like Europe Aleprauchanist 24 506 29-03-2014 06:02 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Why do we treat poor people like children? Heywood Jahblome 132 1,829 06-03-2014 01:33 AM
Last Post: LostandInsecure
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 502 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem BrokenQuill92 122 2,382 23-01-2014 08:15 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Why do we have poor people? bemore 77 1,759 21-12-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: frankksj
  Obamacare makes people less likely to exercise, more likely to smoke and drink frankksj 70 1,192 06-12-2013 12:16 PM
Last Post: frankksj