White people owe black people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 03:58 AM
White people owe black people?
Someone mentioned slavery in another thread and it got me thinking. Back when I was in junior high (20 years ago), was when we first started learning about slavery. We also only had one black kid in the whole school. I remember a few other kids telling me that we should all apologize for the whole slavery thing and I also remember quickly refusing. My family came to this country a few generations ago. Slavery had already been illegal for at least 100 years. My family was also not rich and powerful back when slavery was legal either. Meaning that I nor the people in my family that came and went before me had anything to do with slavery. I am pretty sure that those that are in power now are of the old money types whos' families did have slaves back then and maybe even a few in foreign countries now. I owe nothing to black people, other than to those that came up with good ideas (inventions) and that goes for all races. I wish that these racist groups that blame white people for everything would stfu and attack those that actually had something to do with it. What do you all think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 04:14 AM
RE: White people owe black people?
Complete and utter nonsense. Why would I owe black people anything? I ain't done nothing to them. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
01-11-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm waiting for my apology Hughsie and Scot Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
01-11-2012, 04:39 AM
(01-11-2012 04:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Complete and utter nonsense. Why would I owe black people anything? I ain't done nothing to them. Drinking Beverage

I agree with you. Try telling our politicians that though.
01-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Fuck off, I didn't enslave anyone, hence no apology from me.

There is a difference however between me apologizing and the STATE apologizing.
That and it wins elections.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-11-2012, 04:55 AM
(01-11-2012 04:33 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I'm waiting for my apology Hughsie and Scot Big Grin

Get used to waiting. You will be doing it a loooong time.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-11-2012, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 06:57 AM by Chas.)
Maybe this idea stems from the meme that we inherit the sins of our ancestors.

I don't know about you, but I reject that concept as completely ludicrous and immoral.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Re: White people owe black people?
The only ones asked to apologize anymore are usually those with family ties to slave ownership.

I don't have any in the US at least. My father came from a tiny farm area in Italy that goes back generations. My mothers family from Germany may connect somehow but idk.

If this is in anyway regards to affirmative action, that's not entirely for the theme of apologizing but to some, giving people any leway is apologizing.. Like it seems to be to mitt Romney.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-11-2012, 10:35 AM
The black people today are not being enslaved, the white people today are not enslaving black people.
Any slavery that happens nowadays, and is being caught, is being punished depending on country law.
Black people are not suffering from slavery anymore.
The only thing that should be and keep happening, are the history lessons about it, simply to raise awareness and to make sure it's not gonna happen again.

So first at Americans, what do YOU have to apologize about to black people, nowadays??
Like if you are not racist against black people apart from not having slaves, you have nothing to apologize for.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
No one should apologize for something they didn't do.

You are not personally responsible for anyone's actions... no matter the relation to you.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]