White people owe black people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: White people owe black people?
(06-01-2013 09:03 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 08:57 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  yeah, and this is consistent with a moral subjectivist paradigm.

I believe slavery was justified.

Whether that warrants posting some video of a (most likely) ditzy young woman, I don't know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 12:44 PM
(01-11-2012 11:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 10:35 AM)Leela Wrote:  The black people today are not being enslaved, the white people today are not enslaving black people.
Any slavery that happens nowadays, and is being caught, is being punished depending on country law.
Black people are not suffering from slavery anymore.
The only thing that should be and keep happening, are the history lessons about it, simply to raise awareness and to make sure it's not gonna happen again.

So first at Americans, what do YOU have to apologize about to black people, nowadays??
Like if you are not racist against black people apart from not having slaves, you have nothing to apologize for.

There still are Americans that lived and were cruel during the Jim Crow laws era and fought against Blacks having protected equal rights to vote... some think people are still doing this for the current election.

Outside the slavery discussion but it's a reason some could be assumed in need of apologizing.

KC.. That's not very Christian of you.. But I guess you have been forgiven.
And?

Humans are cruel. Besides, who are we to condemn what they did back then? They had their own moral systems in place.
07-01-2013, 12:48 PM
(07-01-2013 12:44 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 11:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  There still are Americans that lived and were cruel during the Jim Crow laws era and fought against Blacks having protected equal rights to vote... some think people are still doing this for the current election.

Outside the slavery discussion but it's a reason some could be assumed in need of apologizing.

And?

Humans are cruel. Besides, who are we to condemn what they did back then? They had their own moral systems in place.

Hitler had his own morals about the treatment of Jews.
Doesn't mean his morals were justified.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
07-01-2013, 01:15 PM
(07-01-2013 12:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 12:44 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  And?

Hitler had his own morals about the treatment of Jews.
Doesn't mean his morals were justified.
It is from a moral subjectivist paradigm.
07-01-2013, 03:25 PM
(01-11-2012 03:58 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Someone mentioned slavery in another thread and it got me thinking. Back when I was in junior high (20 years ago), was when we first started learning about slavery. We also only had one black kid in the whole school. I remember a few other kids telling me that we should all apologize for the whole slavery thing and I also remember quickly refusing. My family came to this country a few generations ago. Slavery had already been illegal for at least 100 years. My family was also not rich and powerful back when slavery was legal either. Meaning that I nor the people in my family that came and went before me had anything to do with slavery. I am pretty sure that those that are in power now are of the old money types whos' families did have slaves back then and maybe even a few in foreign countries now. I owe nothing to black people, other than to those that came up with good ideas (inventions) and that goes for all races. I wish that these racist groups that blame white people for everything would stfu and attack those that actually had something to do with it. What do you all think?
As humans can be cruel, who says that slavery was "wrong"?

Morality is anything goes, period.
07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Bah, I was gonna come in here and say something witty like "I thought we paid that debt 147 years ago, in spades..." but then I saw that Nami has hijacked this thread with more moral subjectivity trolling. Takes all the fun out of it. Since he won't listen, it's brick wall time and I've got better things to do...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
07-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah.... so saying slavery was not evil as commonly purported is "baaaaad".....

Most people don't even believe in the concept of moral atrocity.
07-01-2013, 04:13 PM
(01-11-2012 11:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 10:35 AM)Leela Wrote:  The black people today are not being enslaved, the white people today are not enslaving black people.
Any slavery that happens nowadays, and is being caught, is being punished depending on country law.
Black people are not suffering from slavery anymore.
The only thing that should be and keep happening, are the history lessons about it, simply to raise awareness and to make sure it's not gonna happen again.

So first at Americans, what do YOU have to apologize about to black people, nowadays??
Like if you are not racist against black people apart from not having slaves, you have nothing to apologize for.

There still are Americans that lived and were cruel during the Jim Crow laws era and fought against Blacks having protected equal rights to vote... some think people are still doing this for the current election.

Apologise for what? Humans are cruel, and?
07-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Clearly didn't see human behavior after my country had a major earthquake that flattened our second biggest city.
Anything but cruelty. It's said that one of the things that will be remembered from the quake is the enormous generosity of people after the disaster from all over the country and the lengths they went too to help those effected.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
07-01-2013, 07:26 PM
yeah, morals are subjective. anything goes. lol...

congruence, it's not here..