Who Am I?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: Who Am I?
Let me put it this way, there is no in between when it comes to weather you believe in something or not. Do you believe in any deities or not. If not, atheist, if so you are a theist. You can be an agnostic theist and a agnostic atheist. It is no different from fairies. There is no in between. You can be unsure that fairies exist and say you believe they exist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Am I?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Wow, thanks so much for the responses, i never would have thought that i would get some pretty amazing responses. Makes me feel at home. Smile

I love reading through all of your different opinions on the subject, most really actually helped me think about where i stand and how.

I just got home from work not to long ago and on my way home i had a thought after reading the first couple of responses i got before i started my shift. I realized that I'm much stronger at being curious and open-minded then i am just thinking things critically. I always love to learn new things. Watched discovery channel as a kid all the time, back when it was good. Now im subscribed to a bunch of educational stuff on youtube. I want to learn about cool things, wether true or not, thats where my own judgement and critical thinking comes in.

I feel enlightened after reading all of the comments so far,
Thank you all. Smile
I defiantly need to come this forum more often.
[+] 1 user Likes Luke_Atheist's post
07-04-2014, 01:37 AM
(06-04-2014 11:40 PM)Luke_Atheist Wrote:  ...
I defiantly need to come [to] this forum more often.

You'd be welcome. And be as defiant as you want Smile

btw, to answer your question, you're an atheist... it says so in your name. Tongue

QED

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Interesting read. It is not for me to tell any person what to believe.

I was not indoctrinated. As a result there was never a reason to believe.
To me a belief in gods seems an affectation. People seem to try too hard.

We all live in a cold universe. I cannot see anyone looking out for us other than us.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-04-2014, 06:16 AM
This is an interesting question that my bestie and I always wrestle with. We are quite similar in our religious proclivities (that we have none). Yet she considers herself agnostic, while I proudly wear the atheist lable. She is far more knowledgable about all religions that myself, as it's one of her hobbies to study. I maintain that we are both atheist, because if you ask if she thinks there is a god, she'll say "no". Laugh out load

Have you read many works by atheists? You might be interested in Richard Dawkins' "Dawkins Scale" (of atheism, or belief). I personally don't know any atheist (myself included) who comes in at a 7, which is one who is 100% certain no god(s) exist.

Life is an endless journely of self exploration. As I get closer to 50, I still find things out about myself and my abilities that I didn't know when I was 20. Enjoy the ride, worry less and accept more. You don't have to have all the answers, no one does.
[+] 1 user Likes Mat0816's post
07-04-2014, 06:55 AM
I didn't read all the responses because 1. Lazy and 2. Eh, still lazy and need more coffee. I was raised in a secular home, I don't have the desire or feel the need to read/understand/disprove a book. Those books just don't mean anything to me anymore than any other work of fiction. The contents of it doesn't concern me.

I learn what I can about science, and the natural world and how it works. If someone (my in laws) spout off something written in their magic book that goes against what science is telling me, I tend to just blow them off because it goes against everything I've spent my life learning about. The level of proof they bring to the table always seems silly.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post