Who Am I?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Who Am I?
First, I post atheistic stuffs on my facebook account that someone complained about me doing it and suggested me to just join a forum for being an attention seeking freak. Well, here I am, to open you guys with what I know.

I am a de facto atheist. I am unlike any other idiotic atheists who are 100% sure that there is no god. If no one can prove nor disprove him yet, then so be it. I do not believe most of the things without any evidence at all and no one can disprove something not proven. So, let's just stay aside that, there is no evidence so I'll stick with what science can reach for having this humility of telling people that I know something that I still can. I am in no position to replace such question unanswered in the name of god for it is ignorance. I am 70% atheist and 30% agnostic.

I am actually against atheistic organizations that seek to convert people into atheism in bad ways. Being an evangelical one is giving an opinion that this is this and not that, and further have his own conclusion by reflection. I am not against forums (as observed) because I think this is a good way to share different rational opinions by which the god hypothesis is an improbable one. And so, again, here I am! My name is Daniel and it's so nice to meet you all. I am just new in here and I write this thread to introduce myself.

And lastly, I am an atheist by adjective, not by title. I am a realist and a naturalist. Smile Hey fags! I am Newtonian, Planckian, Machiavellian, Darwinian, and Shakespearean.

I am an atheist not by conclusion but by nature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Who Am I?
Hi, Paranoid. Welcome to TTA.

You seem a little young to be truly Shakespearean Wink

Around these parts we (most, not all) consider theism to be concerning belief and gnosticism to relate to knowledge. Meaning that one can be 100% atheist and 100% agnostic (don't believe and don't know) at the same time.

Again, welcome aboard.

04-11-2014, 09:22 AM
(04-11-2014 08:01 AM)Paranoid Wrote:  I am Newtonian, Planckian, Machiavellian, Darwinian, and Shakespearean.

...and...Paranoid... Big Grin

Welcome...interesting intro. Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-11-2014, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 09:38 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
I'm paranoid about you being paranoid. e_e

Welcome. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
05-11-2014, 07:36 AM
(04-11-2014 08:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hi, Paranoid. Welcome to TTA.

You seem a little young to be truly Shakespearean Wink

Around these parts we (most, not all) consider theism to be concerning belief and gnosticism to relate to knowledge. Meaning that one can be 100% atheist and 100% agnostic (don't believe and don't know) at the same time.

Again, welcome aboard.

Check Page 73 of The God Delusion of Richard Dawkins. Smile That's what I mean just to make things clear. Big Grin Thanks for welcoming me
And yeah, too young to be a Shakespearean, I'm 15.

05-11-2014, 07:37 AM
(04-11-2014 09:22 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 08:01 AM)Paranoid Wrote:  I am Newtonian, Planckian, Machiavellian, Darwinian, and Shakespearean.

...and...Paranoid... Big Grin

Welcome...interesting intro. Cool

Thank you Smile

05-11-2014, 07:38 AM
(04-11-2014 09:32 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I'm paranoid about you being paranoid. e_e

Welcome. Big Grin

I love paranoia while hating it at the same time. Smile

05-11-2014, 08:19 AM

Welcome to our asylum! Smile
[+] 2 users Like DunkleSeele's post
05-11-2014, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 08:59 AM by Nurse.)
Hi!

I, too, came here seeking asylum after a Facebook incident. Once upon a time, parents, in laws, impressionable preteens, and grandparents didn't have access to Facebook as you had to have a university email account to register. I feel comfortable ranting away and being myself here, versus Facebook where everybody brags about how blessed they are with their new Porsches or 18 kids and stay at home mom status - gag. I also tend to ramble after working three 13+ hour night shifts in a row....

I call myself an agnostic atheist and lately been toying with the label of secular humanist. I'm no Shakespeare - my colorful word choices are more of the four letter variety.

Edited for the grammars...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
05-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Welcome!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post